Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Are *Charties and Non-Profit Organization* are failing to help really poor people

Me

Yes they are but i think there is more to it about who they will help and then there are other who will get the help but not entitle to any help at all due to there income

And this is not no paranoia or dissolution is really do happen especially to my mom who is 70yrs old and got railroaded by catholic charities the biggest organization in the world because of a technical error on there part from an application for * heat assistance *
    and thank to them i have to wait to wednesday so that they can unravel the problem that they cause

is disgusted me !

is really do !

and i am sorry for typo and erroe just please bare with me !
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-12-26 at 05:05 PM.

I dont view failure to help poor people as a failure of charities - but as a failure of the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I dont view failure to help poor people as a failure of charities - but as a failure of the country.
    Its not the responsibility of the citizens of a country to forcibly help the poor through taxes. Thats what charities, churches, and families are for. If charities are wasting money or not using it for what donors intended then perhaps the government should shut them down but it should absolutely NOT be something that citizens are FORCED to provide via taxes. We are already becoming overpopulated due to skirting natural selection. Eventually we will have too many people and too little food.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    But my view is that there are certain people group think that they are in * entitle to charities and assistance from the govt * even thought they have a jobs or make over a criteria amount per a years that they are no entitle, And there are cases will say they will get away with it and when the state catch on they will do nothing but raise the taxes.............

So all you taxes payer out there guess who is cheat and deceiving the system and your paying for it..................

And here some example
    Charity Fraud Conman

salvation army nonprofit fraud

Salvation Army optimistic despite fraud allegations
    Last edited by WNYIRISHGUY; 2012-12-26 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not the responsibility of the citizens of a country to forcibly help the poor through taxes. Thats what charities, churches, and families are for. If charities are wasting money or not using it for what donors intended then perhaps the government should shut them down but it should absolutely NOT be something that citizens are FORCED to provide via taxes. We are already becoming overpopulated due to skirting natural selection. Eventually we will have too many people and too little food.
    "A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members."

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not the responsibility of the citizens of a country to forcibly help the poor through taxes.
    That's one point of view, and its no more correct than those that claim it is the responsibility of the citizens to help the poorest among us.

I volunteer with the American Red Cross, and they do an immense amount of good work for people. They are very effective. They provide shelter, food, and medicine to people that are very poor.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    well.. when the boss of an Non-profit org is paid 100,000 $ a years...

In this day and age there are many organizations that are in it for profit. This takes away from those in need. This is why the only charity I support is a local one called "Sharing and Caring Hands". The founder is local and they are effective.

"A nation's greatness is measured by how it treats its weakest members."
    Rofl. I just fell out,of my chair. Really, so putting a country into debt to help many not willing to help themselves shows greatness? Your either poor or rich, because normal people work their ass off just to get by, while scum leaches off us until we are dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    That's one point of view, and its no more correct than those that claim it is the responsibility of the citizens to help the poorest among us.

I volunteer with the American Red Cross, and they do an immense amount of good work for people. They are very effective. They provide shelter, food, and medicine to people that are very poor.
    And I applaud you for doing that. The Red Cross is a great organization. Its why we have charities. Its their job and purpose, not the government's

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Rofl. I just fell out,of my chair. Really, so putting a country into debt to help many not willing to help themselves shows greatness? Your either poor or rich, because normal people work their ass off just to get by, while scum leaches off us until we are dry.
    Actually I am a Med student. And neither poor nor rich.

10+ Year Old Account
    And I applaud you for doing that. The Red Cross is a great organization. Its why we have charities. Its their job and purpose, not the government's
    The Government isn't some foreign entity. The Constitution states that we the people are the government. And in my opinion, we the people, have a duty and an obligation to help those that are less fortunate. I'm talking the basic necessities; food, shelter, water, medicine. There's no reason why government can't fulfill these duties without going into massive debt. It doesn't even cost that much. Maybe we should be spending less on nation building, and using tax dollars more effectively on social spending.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Catholic charities
    Saint de paul

These 2 organization that * suppose to help people * well they have not that help or care to me or my mom even thouse were on the state system they look down on us while other will get a better reception and help !

Deleted
    Quite well put. Marx, forefather of revolutionary working-class politics, actually thoroughly disapproved of charity as a way to help the poor because he saw it as a temporary fix, aimed to quell unrest and dissatisfaction with the current system temporarily, in order to stop people from demanding drastic, permanent changes which would tip the balance of power towards favouring the many over the few.

I think old Karl had a point, but, since some people tried it his way and, for one reason or another, failed to get it off the ground, voluntary donations are a necessary means of gathering funds to help those who need it. I think charity is a wonderful and vital thing when the people running those charities are sincere about wanting to help people and know how to help them in the right way.

There are plenty of websites which are dedicated to rating charities based on a number of factors; what percentage of money donated goes directly towards helping people in a way the charity advertises, their financial transparency and the wages they pay to their administrators. This one is good, CharityNavigator.org (it's U.S. oriented but all the big international charities are listed there).

Two of my favourite charities, Médecins Sans Frontières and MercyCorps are both top rated charities, so I felt confident and happy to give them a donation over the holiday season.

One should always be cautious when considering making a donation to an organisation and take the time to investigate a charity's integrity and competence, but fear of being conned by a bad charity should not deter you from finding a good charity to donate to if you really want to try help people, even in a small way.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-12-26 at 05:45 PM.

Deleted
    I stopped giving to charities and only give 5 euro's a month to my local dog shelter who is run soley by volunteers. Here's the list of salaries of people that run a few Dutch charities. Says enough doesn't it ? http://www.gemiddeld-inkomen.nl/sala...rs-goededoelen

Quote Originally Posted by Malkazam View Post
    well.. when the boss of an Non-profit org is paid 100,000 $ a years...
    Ive seen some ceo's taking home 10mil a year plus benefits.

Its a shame romney didnt get elected, this was one of the loop holes, along with foundations he was going to close. Obama said the same thing then flip flopped a few times and decided to leave things as they currently are.

Deleted
    Yes, it is. Some societies aren't stuck in the 'Me-me-me' attitude that so per-veils certain countries. The only reason there is not such a strong push for it in America, because the poor in America see themselves as temporarily embarrassed millionaires, instead of the poor of society; due to the ridiculous notion of 'The American Dream', which never really existed in any real sense.

Charity isn't a good fix, but it's still better than doing nothing.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Salvation army pushes its christianity agenda to the people they help. So do a few other christian based charities, which really isn't what a charity should be about.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Salvation army pushes its christianity agenda to the people they help. So do a few other christian based charities, which really isn't what a charity should be about.
    "I'll help you, but only if accept C'thulu as your one and only savior"
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance