Deleted

pls pls help me psu or motherboard or diff

ok hear it goes my wife got me new pc case and cooler for my pc ok hears were it gets bad after puting it all in and pressing power nothing happens just i get red power button led light on motherboard i am useing and asus p8z68-v i have tryed many things but nothing and yes the case leads are in right place check with my motherboard manual and all good there nowt i was reading on the net useing a paperclip takeing the 24pin out the motherboard and puting it into the green and black wires and wowowo it comes on now everything is fans cooler leds on power button And i get red psu light on mother board right as soon as i take the paperclip out and put the 24pin back in motherboard same thing red power button light and nothing pls pls help me what have i done i spoke to a m8 he said motherbord @@@@ but i think psu not puting out enough power maybe we both wong thx and questions feel free i try help best i can thx for reading hope u can help `
    Last edited by mmocabf7bee86a; 2012-12-26 at 11:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you just got a new case, correct? And the Mobo/CPU worked previously, and haven't been dismounted, so I'm assuming we can discount that as the issue.

Is the 4pin power also plugged in? (Not the 20+4/24 pin, a completely separate power cable with 4 pins)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    So you just got a new case, correct? And the Mobo/CPU worked previously, and haven't been dismounted, so I'm assuming we can discount that as the issue.

Is the 4pin power also plugged in? (Not the 20+4/24 pin, a completely separate power cable with 4 pins)
    hi there thx for helping me yea its a new case zalmanz11+ and a antec cooler my pc was working befor just fine yea the 4pin next to the 24pin is in the motherboard when doing the small trick and the 8pin too at the top left of the motherboard thx i dont mind if i need to buy something for it but i want to know what thx pls keep things comeing want to c my pertty lights on my pc again

just tho i sould add befor xmax i put sleaving all over my psu too look cool and i never try the psu in old pc case only in new pc maybe i something i did wong there maybe but i did not think soo as doing the trick power is there but is there 100% i wounder or not thx
    Last edited by mmocabf7bee86a; 2012-12-27 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you install the standoffs? Do you have another motherboard to test it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I apologize but I sort of had trouble understanding what you were explaining.

Your motherboard ought to have 2 power plugs.

There is a 20+4 pin on the right side, next to the ram. (There is no "4 pin next to the 24". It's either a 20+4, or a 24 block)
    There is an 8pin on the top left, however only 4 need to be plugged in. If your PSU has an 8pin plug for that, great. But technically only 4 need to be done, and all PSU's come with it.

To confirm, both of these (20+4/24) and 4pin top left are plugged in? Also, Vetali mentioned correctly, a similar situation happens if the brass standoffs are not all in their proper place under the motherboard (at least 6)

Deleted
    with some huurr and haaa i been to pc shop near me to have all tested and not good news mother board has gone to pc gods and he thinks my psu is on its way out maybe what did he said soooooooo i am not very happy right now but thx for helping anyway but i have 1 more thing to ask if not too much i have 200.00 to buy new 1 for both bearing in mind i need like for like i have an intel i5k
    for oc and well psu need to be good as i have 2x randen 6950 xfx cards so cross fire thx again

200.00 all my wife let me have
    Last edited by mmocabf7bee86a; 2012-12-27 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to get a new Z77 motherboard and an relaible 850w power supply for under $200. It does seem a little odd that both would go by just changing out the case, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an error on changing the motherboard over I think, I did the same a couple of years ago not earthed and motherboard died.

I would just buy a new mobo as the shop testing it must of thought the psu killed it when it was nothing to do with it.