Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    No they aren't. Even simply browsing the web I can fill 8GB RAM pretty quickly, because I don't like to close tabs. I usually have between 50-60 tabs open at the same time plus a ton of other software in the background. Tablets can't handle heavy multitasking.
    The average PC user isn't like you, they aren't going to open 60 tabs in Firefox and leave them open. They're going to open a few at a time and close them before opening more.

PCs that are designed for light use such as this, for the average college student, office employee, or grandparents, are becoming obsolete because tablets, phones, and netbooks can handle those basic tasks every bit as well as a PC can.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbait View Post
    I wouldn`t of thought so, not for eons to come.
    Tower units so much easier to upgrade, repair etc.
    That & why play games or similar, when half the time your hand is blocking part of the screen just so that you can move in game?

EDIT:
    Just had a mate start playing GW2 & he surprised me, when he said he plays via his 27" touch screen.
    This could be interesting ;p
    I think the novelty of being able to click your abilities on your monitor will wear off... quickly. Especially considering it's not exactly "comfortable".