Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutzington View Post
    So you determined an anime's quality over... AMV's? Go watch it and prove yourself wrong.
    Yes, I can usually tell from the AMVs if I'll like the shows or not. But yes, I've gotten my hands on the Steins;Gate episodes and going to start watching them tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthoof View Post
    If you like MMORPGs I would say "Sword Art Online".

Plot:
    In the year 2022, the Virtual Reality Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (VRMMORPG), Sword Art Online (SAO), is released. With the Nerve Gear, a virtual reality helmet that stimulates the user's five senses via their brain, players can experience and control their in-game characters with their minds.
    On November 6, 2022, all the players log in for the first time, and subsequently discover that they are unable to log out. They are then informed by Kayaba Akihiko, the creator of SAO, that if they wish to be free, they must reach the 100th floor of the game's tower and defeat the final boss. However, if their avatars die in-game, their bodies will also die in the real world. The story follows Kirito, a skilled player who is determined to beat the game.

seen it, check my list lol

EDIT i alphabetized my list so its easier to find whether or not i have seen something!
    Last edited by orderschvank; 2013-01-16 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    If you could describe Steins;Gate for a person that maybe wants to watch it, using only 3 words. I watched couple AMVs about it, and it seemed veeeeeeeeeeery boring.
    WATS THE PURPOSE

started watching magi and im enjoying it, it seems to have a good story line and the animation is good

Deleted
    Have you watched Death Note (or something like that)?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenogeist View Post
    Legend of the Galactic Heroes
    Best recommendation right here.

Just after watching Soul Eater, its actually fairly good, I know it wouldn't be every ones taste but it was really entertaining. Apart from the terrible ending.

trying to watch deadman wonderland.. seriously. like im trying to but its so damn dark from all the heavy censoring because they decided to air a show with a shit ton of gore in the middle of the day.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I am in the same boat, I am generally new to watching anime, only been really watching non-toonami/adult swim animes for a little over a year. Our lists are similar, but there are a couple in particular you haven't seen that i think you will enjoy, here is my full list so far and i will try to bold some animes you would like that you haven't watched, I will try not to overlap:

Yu Yu Hakusho
    Mushishi
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    The Wandering Son
    Clannad/After Story
    Angel Beats!
    Monster
    Birdy the Mighty Decode
    Kanon
    Air
    Rurouni Kenshin
    School Rumble
    Full Metal Panic/Fumoffu
    Black Lagoon
    Darker Than Black
    This Ugly yet Beautiful World
    Basilisk
    Elfen Lied
    Deadman Wonderland
    Hellsing
    Gunslinger Girl
    Neon Genesis Evangelion
    Blood+
    Princess Mononoke
    Castle in the Sky
    Grave of the Fireflies
    Toradora!
    Spirited Away
    Afro Samurai
    True Tears

so i am about to finish sankarea, and i am enjoying it, pretty much about a boy with this zombie fetish (not really, just obsessed with them) and ends up with a girl who becomes a zombie through some interesting means.

anyway it was good enough that hopefully they come out with a second season and they probably will eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesmam View Post
    If you could describe Steins;Gate for a person that maybe wants to watch it, using only 3 words. I watched couple AMVs about it, and it seemed veeeeeeeeeeery boring.
    Hmm three words for Stiens;gate

WATCH IT NOW!

three more?

Time Travelling Microwave

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmen View Post
    El Psy Congroo.
    hehe /highfive
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

so i finished sankarea, this is based of a manga so the ending to the 12th episode can in no way be interpreted as an ending, im hoping a second season comes out but id also have no problem reading the manga if one does not come out.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need to watch Space Brothers. Don't let the title fool you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you haven't watched Ergo Proxy. I just finished it and I absolutely loved it. There are certainly, at times, WTF moments, but in the end it is all described. Go watch it, it is extremely entertaining.

Although the series is on the darker-themed side, it is quite philosophical and... enlightening in a sense. Very real questions are asked and can be applied to the real world. Although some questions in the anime are far-fetched, it almost feels like you are taking a philosophy class. Ergo Proxy is one of the first animes I have watched of that kind. I would rate it at an 8.5/10 (or a 9/10... hard to decide). Indeed it is worth watching. (Oh btw, episode 15 seems like a stupid filler when you begin watching it, but I learned that it isn't and there is really relevant data in it. You won't understand the information that is described at that time, but by the end you will link pieces together... almost like an epiphany and the anime just makes sense!). Some people rate this anime lower due to not linking together the plot, but hey, not everything is designed to be likeable by everyone.

Enjoy it!

Now onto Welcome to the NHK!
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-01-23 at 04:37 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jamewatsn View Post
    great thread...........................
    if you don't like it you don't have to post here. it's really that simple. a lot of us do enjoy anime. sorry if it is not your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    if you don't like it you don't have to post here. it's really that simple. a lot of us do enjoy anime. sorry if it is not your cup of tea.
    it was a spambot...

started watching kotoura-san which started for this winter season, a pretty good show, not something thats you know exceptionally awesome but its far from bad, pretty much about this girl who has ESP and the problems that come along with it and w/e. if your keeping up with this seasons animes and havent picked this one up id recommend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished watching Welcome to the NHK and I loved it. It is a VERY different anime, I have never encountered one like it. What can I say... what can I say? At times, it was aggravating to watch, seeing how the main character is a NEET (Not pursuing Employment, Education or Training), he is very socially in-adept. However, I thoroughly enjoyed the story's progression and felt that this is definitely one of the better animes I have watched.

A very nice aspect of this anime was that there was an actual ending. So many animes have vague or ambiguous endings, which seems to be over-done/cliche.

For anyone who has not watched this anime, I strongly suggest it. The characters begin to mean a lot to you very early in the story and nearing the end (past ep. 19 or so) they become much larger driving forces in the plot. Rating this anime I would definitely give it a 10/10 for it's originality and humor. Welcome to the NHK introduces many philosophical questions, some are answered, some are ambiguous. Indeed this anime was littered with dark themed stuff, but humor was abundant and Welcome to the NHK is a must-watch, in my opinion.
    Last edited by Klutzington; 2013-01-25 at 02:47 AM.

Did the other request an anime thread get locked or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Did the other request an anime thread get locked or something?
    No, it's just that it's not stickied and I like this thread more.