Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Sadly that is how fora work if you just have enough people.
    Even in here threads get locked because people derail it and troll to the point where it's almost impossible to continue with the original intent.
    That's because most people only care to read the first and last page.
    When it comes to feedback threads, especially the ones about CRZ, it would be better to delete the posts trying to derail them, rather than lock the entire thread. Why not dish out bans to the people actually trying to stir up problems? From the CRZ threads, all I saw was the anti's sharing their thoughts calmly and then a pro pops in, says they like it, the anti's ask why, to give reasons, and from there the pro just starts attacks.

So maybe once a pro troll started attacking, if they deleted and banned the troublemaker there would be no reason to lock or delete a thread that has perfectly good feedback. Instead, the mods on the official forums let the pro-blizzard trolls rile up those that are having issues with Blizzard, and rather than smack the trolls, they wait for the anti's to get frustrated then bans the people that were following the rules. It's one thing to hold criticism against you with a certain, another to have a bias and let the ones that are kissing up to you, get away with everything.

And that there is the issue. When you favor one side, the side that supports you and will let them get away with everything imaginable, just to wait for the other people that are against your views to get frustrated and slip up, then you are no longer a neutral power. You no longer value anyones opinions but your own. I've played plenty of MMO's. SWG's developers started behaving just like Blizzard. When they started doing that, all the good people unsubscribed and moved on to their competition and SWG's fate was sealed. It is no more. Companies I've played MMO's with, is Turbine, Bioware, PWI, Cryptic, and them companies have very strict rules. They keep their communities in line. They don't take sides, even if the side causing the problems favors them, they get the banhammer just like anyone else.

Professional companies regardless of customer views of them, ensure that their forum moderation staff, remains 100% neutral. They are there to keep the peace. Kind of like real life. Police show up at a domestic dispute, and even if the one that is causing the problems says how wonderful the police are, they are still there to enforce the law and supporter or no, the one causing the problems gets the punishment on equal terms like anyone else. Blizzard has decided to follow SWG's stance when it came to their game. They are right, the customers, no matter how big a majority hate something about the game, either fall in line or face consequences. And it is this very stance that is unappealing to the customers.

One of my friends, very long time friend mind you, been playing with him since the early starcraft battle.net days, has told me just last night he will never buy another Blizzard title again. He loves starcraft, the story, but he doesn't believe single player mode should force people to log into their account. If Battle.net goes down, there's no single player mode. And in that regard, I kind of agree with him. Single player mode should be just that. Single player mode, with no required battle.net connection. Kind of like the original Diablo, Diablo2, Starcraft, Warcraft3 days. You had online play to play with friends on battle.net, but if your internet went down, or battle.net went down, you could still enjoy the single player aspect.

Blizzard has changed, and in my opinion, they have changed for the worse. Polish and Blizzard used to be 2 words that went together. Now, CRZ has proven they do not. If they had this stance when they were going to do Real ID on the official forums, a lot of people would be perma banned, and tons more would of unsubscribed. They used to listen to the community and adapt to the players needs. Now, it's their way or the highway, as we have seen in Ghostcrawler's interviews and watercoolers. Ghostcrawler said they were being bullish, and he is correct. And a lot of customers don't like bullish companies. People get fed up after being pushed too much. I will not be surprised if it ever comes out that full/high population servers end up going down to medium, medium pops going down to low, and low pops becomming recommended servers for new players. It would not surprise me if that is already happening now.

The same customers that brought their friends to WoW, are now starting to take their friends and family with them to other MMO's. And for what reason? Because Blizzard has decided to change their long standing attitude that made them millions of customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse they are, that's because you work with people instead of robots.
    But they won't delete threads that didn't break any rules.

I've seen them removing constructive and good critical threads, but those had pages full of attacks and harassment.
    Sometimes it's just better to delete the entire thread instead of only banning 20 people.
    Not really. the 20 people are a problem and should be liable to the rules

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    why? if those people are Harassing other paying customers?

**is that the forums blizzard wants you can shut anyone up just by enough trolling?
    Agreed. that is what seems to happen. If a thread is over trolled it is deleted and the trolls don't get a ban

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:58 PM ----------

Sadly that is how fora work if you just have enough people.
    Even in here threads get locked because people derail it and troll to the point where it's almost impossible to continue with the original intent.
    That's because most people only care to read the first and last page.

The mods here seem better

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Think that speaks more for the moderation being done than that of the posters that are there, they figure if they know they can get away with it why not.
    This all the way. If they are not punished why would they change their behavior?

---------- Post added 2013-01-11 at 08:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    When it comes to feedback threads, especially the ones about CRZ, it would be better to delete the posts trying to derail them, rather than lock the entire thread. Why not dish out bans to the people actually trying to stir up problems? From the CRZ threads, all I saw was the anti's sharing their thoughts calmly and then a pro pops in, says they like it, the anti's ask why, to give reasons, and from there the pro just starts attacks.

So maybe once a pro troll started attacking, if they deleted and banned the troublemaker there would be no reason to lock or delete a thread that has perfectly good feedback. Instead, the mods on the official forums let the pro-blizzard trolls rile up those that are having issues with Blizzard, and rather than smack the trolls, they wait for the anti's to get frustrated then bans the people that were following the rules. It's one thing to hold criticism against you with a certain, another to have a bias and let the ones that are kissing up to you, get away with everything.

And that there is the issue. When you favor one side, the side that supports you and will let them get away with everything imaginable, just to wait for the other people that are against your views to get frustrated and slip up, then you are no longer a neutral power. You no longer value anyones opinions but your own. I've played plenty of MMO's. SWG's developers started behaving just like Blizzard. When they started doing that, all the good people unsubscribed and moved on to their competition and SWG's fate was sealed. It is no more. Companies I've played MMO's with, is Turbine, Bioware, PWI, Cryptic, and them companies have very strict rules. They keep their communities in line. They don't take sides, even if the side causing the problems favors them, they get the banhammer just like anyone else.

Professional companies regardless of customer views of them, ensure that their forum moderation staff, remains 100% neutral. They are there to keep the peace. Kind of like real life. Police show up at a domestic dispute, and even if the one that is causing the problems says how wonderful the police are, they are still there to enforce the law and supporter or no, the one causing the problems gets the punishment on equal terms like anyone else. Blizzard has decided to follow SWG's stance when it came to their game. They are right, the customers, no matter how big a majority hate something about the game, either fall in line or face consequences. And it is this very stance that is unappealing to the customers.

One of my friends, very long time friend mind you, been playing with him since the early starcraft battle.net days, has told me just last night he will never buy another Blizzard title again. He loves starcraft, the story, but he doesn't believe single player mode should force people to log into their account. If Battle.net goes down, there's no single player mode. And in that regard, I kind of agree with him. Single player mode should be just that. Single player mode, with no required battle.net connection. Kind of like the original Diablo, Diablo2, Starcraft, Warcraft3 days. You had online play to play with friends on battle.net, but if your internet went down, or battle.net went down, you could still enjoy the single player aspect.

Blizzard has changed, and in my opinion, they have changed for the worse. Polish and Blizzard used to be 2 words that went together. Now, CRZ has proven they do not. If they had this stance when they were going to do Real ID on the official forums, a lot of people would be perma banned, and tons more would of unsubscribed. They used to listen to the community and adapt to the players needs. Now, it's their way or the highway, as we have seen in Ghostcrawler's interviews and watercoolers. Ghostcrawler said they were being bullish, and he is correct. And a lot of customers don't like bullish companies. People get fed up after being pushed too much. I will not be surprised if it ever comes out that full/high population servers end up going down to medium, medium pops going down to low, and low pops becomming recommended servers for new players. It would not surprise me if that is already happening now.

The same customers that brought their friends to WoW, are now starting to take their friends and family with them to other MMO's. And for what reason? Because Blizzard has decided to change their long standing attitude that made them millions of customers.
    Well said and I agree 110%. I played since bc that's what 6 years? and I unsubed for the first time ever. I did not like the new stance from blizzard or a lot of the things in mop. So I did what many others did voted with my wallet