Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You gonna freak over a 72 hrs ban and call mods loco? I had several 3 day bans on MMO C and on top of that a one week ban and a two week ban. Take it like a man, bloody hell.

didn't realize I was freaking, just though it strange.

Deleted
    perm banned from the official forums for a long time now, doesn't really bother me, just like the bans ive recieved on this site over the time ive been here dont.......I like to respond to people trolling my threads pretty sarcastically and im not afraid to call a spade a spade if you know what I mean(If I think your talking like a **** ill more then likly tell you online or offline haha) that kind of attitude doesnt sit well with forum mods :P the official wow forums are no more informative then sites like mmo champion anyway so nothing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    nothing great either, was a post on page 16 on another thread that 6 other threads I were following were deleted?

Mods over there going a bit loco?

*didn't even get in any name calling or rage just got it because I said I was posting on thread moderation under the section of Ban Type:
    "other"
    I was perma banned for saying "I can't believe they pay you to post this kind of stuff" regarding Bashiko's "Sore Tummy& Dailies" comment.
    Want Rogue Gameplay? Subtlety/Assassination Guides? 2v2 3v3 and 1v1 strategies?

http://www.youtube.com/user/SusejFTW

Also SCP Containment Breach, Guild Wars 2, and Diablo 3!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    If you don't see how calling Jesus and Mary fictional characters is religious discussion, then I'd advise you to start paying more attention.
    An off-hand comment in a thread titled something like "Thinking of Naming Our Baby Alexstraza" is not really a debate or discussion.

Deleted
    nothing great either, was a post on page 16 on another thread that 6 other threads I were following were deleted?

Mods over there going a bit loco?

*didn't even get in any name calling or rage just got it because I said I was posting on thread moderation under the section of Ban Type:
    "other"
    I think that talking about bans and moderator actions might be an offense. Forums usually don't allow it.

Blizzard has a tendency to read a thread and once they decide a thread is trouble to just start micro banning people all over it just to make a point. Or just the fact they stop reading it. Honestly it is just best to avoid the official forums because it is nothing but poop mouth and poop brains trying to get the rest of the world to join them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    An off-hand comment in a thread titled something like "Thinking of Naming Our Baby Alexstraza" is not really a debate or discussion.
    Agreed. If it were posted here it would be forbidden topics or trolling and infracted. My word on that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    https://images.nonexiste.net/popular...cene-language/

Sums up my ban. My perma ban came because i asked why a word used in public television is bannable in a mature rated game.

"Sitting on my ass eating a cheeseburger killing monsters."

Ya thats obscene..

Perhaps your putting a little too much faith in blizzard and not enough in the posters of this forum.
    I looked at what was in the link. I think the part where it goes and I quote "$#@% that loser" talking about what Jay Wilson presumably said is probably what got the ban. Seeing that under the banner about banning posts for obscene language that don't contain any obscene language doesn't pass the smell test. If you're seriously proposing that the language filter makes it OK, then I'll have to say that as far as Blizzard goes, that would be incorrect. The language is there. Quoting Jay Wilson doesn't make it somehow OK either.

MODERATOR NOTE: Just to be clear I don't want this to derail into a discussion about religion or Diablo 3 for that matter. The context for bringing it up in the first place was as a basis for a Blizz moderator to suspend/ban. We don't need to talk about the merits of the actual sentiment. Let's all get back to whatever the topic of this thing is.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-12-27 at 11:23 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Friend of mine got a month bann because he asked for a sandwich... >.>

WoW mods are excessively ban-happy. To the point its not even worth taking the time to post on the their forums. My raf account got banned for the first time for calling out someone on my realms forums for a week and is instantly on its "final warning". Not going to bother with it since being banned on the forums implies also losing access to customer support, wich is ludicrous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    WoW mods are excessively ban-happy. To the point its not even worth taking the time to post on the their forums. My raf account got banned for the first time for calling out someone on my realms forums for a week and is instantly on its "final warning". Not going to bother with it since being banned on the forums implies also losing access to customer support, wich is ludicrous at best.

Strange part is they only seem ban happy when it suits them, thread on there now asking why their thread was locked, it's locked but no deletion. (and even got the original thread unlocked) seems they follow their own rules on a flip of a coin.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2012-12-28 at 01:46 AM. Reason: still can't spell.

perm ban for calling pre-nerf stampede "fucking stupid" in the ARENA forums.

yes, apparently that warrants a ban. since all the other language on that forum is so polite and proper.

but dont really care, like these forums more anyway.

Well, sounds like a case of wrong place wrong time. Live and learn, don't post about disappearing threads in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I appreciate here is that the mods will allow you to talk like an adult as long as you aren't assaulting another person. That is much appreciated.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    One thing I appreciate here is that the mods will allow you to talk like an adult as long as you aren't assaulting another person. That is much appreciated.
    I agree. It's nice to occasionally let some adult language slip without getting a week long ban. Now, it's one thing to use it once or twice in a post when commenting on something, but I can see where every other word being an F bomb, or a derrogatory slur aimed at someone, should be moderated via deletion with a warning. I like the MMO-C infraction system. It's really a 3 strikes and you're out rule. Pretty easy to avoid if you know how to keep yourself in check

I've gotten in the habit a while back trying not to use swear words too much, too many friends with young kids and my nieces I'm going to let them learn all the good words from school like I did or when their parents slip up. That and when people do hear me swear it gets more attention and know I'm serious (was told that by a cow-worker when he heard me drop the f-bomb).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Agreed I got one 7 day ban for bumping my own guild recruitment thread on my servers forums. one 30 day ban for quoting someone and saying I could not agree more about the real id on the forums thing when that happened.

Oh and 1 last 30 day ban for daring to ask if blizzard listening to feedback from the players
    If you've been banned 3 times and two of them being 30 day bans you're doing something wrong.
    Maybe you're just an outstandable prick that Blizzard doesn't want on their forums who knows but clearly something is up.
    Or you're just bullshitting to get attention, who knows..

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten in the habit a while back trying not to use swear words too much, too many friends with young kids and my nieces I'm going to let them learn all the good words from school like I did or when their parents slip up. That and when people do hear me swear it gets more attention and know I'm serious (was told that by a cow-worker when he heard me drop the f-bomb).
    That reminds me of an old guildmate that I used to have. He was our main tank, we knew he had vent and a mic, but he rarely ever spoke unless it was necessary to tell the other tank to taunt. When he actually said anything else, you knew it was serious and you'd better stop and listen because it was important.

I'm not talking about cursing, merely speaking...but same concept applies. Very good on you for controlling yourself like that when it comes to cursing, btw. These days kids learn all these things too young and they're used far too often.

I only got one ban of the forums, which was for 3 hours when I blamed Obama for extended maintenance.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've been ban since 2 month now. Why ? I was caught in a fight with a MVP.

These green always lick Blizzard ass and would do everything against you if you says something bad about Blizzard, even if your right and have good argument. They keep licking over and over.. Damn..