10+ Year Old Account

Question Gearing for Holy

I basicly focussed on getting Prot gear while on my path from 85 to 90. However a situation has risen where I've been asked to become a (raid)healer for our new raiding team. So my question is... what's the best way to get some decent Holy gear in a fairly short time, besides the dungeon grind? I've got BS and Engi as my profs, although getting (the plans for) the craftables is a little... not done, considdering their cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayshan View Post
    I basicly focussed on getting Prot gear while on my path from 85 to 90. However a situation has risen where I've been asked to become a (raid)healer for our new raiding team. So my question is... what's the best way to get some decent Holy gear in a fairly short time, besides the dungeon grind? I've got BS and Engi as my profs, although getting (the plans for) the craftables is a little... not done, considdering their cost.
    You can get the crafted set, it at least has Spirit on all the pieces, and the two BS epics are near enough perfect for us, but the easiest way by far is just to find a healer buddy and blitz some heroics for a few hours, you'll be able to pick up every single Holydin piece (most rets in LFG tend to favour prot I've found) the only annoying part is trinkets, as you can bet you'll get them taken by Mages, Warlocks and every off spec you can think of for the most dumb of reasons

short of prayer and luck you have to go about it the same way we all did.

heroics -> LFR -> Normals -> heroic raiding. If you have lots of gold buy EPIC boes. Do dailies for tokens to roll on extra gear as well.

I'd actually start off with the pvp gear if I were you. It's got pretty decent stats and has sockets which you can put spirit gems in. Trinket wise if you can get a chi-ji do it, if not heroic price of progress(h scholo), empty fruit barrel(h ss brewery), or vial of ichorous blood(h siege of niuzao temple). If you can get the crafted 1h SP axe and shield do that too, if not the shield and weap from H gate of the setting sun is legit.

stat weights: spirit > int > mastery > haste > crit. (side note: you can go for the extra EF tick haste plat when you get better gear which is 3506 haste)

At low levels of spirit you can also consider using the Illumination glyph.

Good luck!

The Living Steel Gauntlets and Breastplate are BS patterns from Klaxxi rep are very easy to obtain and not very costly to craft since they don't use Blood Spirits. The crafted shield and 1h are identical to the bis pre-raid 5m drops. I would say that picking up the DMC trinket is an absolute necessity since it's a bis trinket this tier for us (imo, I'm sure someone will disagree with me). Beyond that, run all the LFR you can get into and grind 5m for the pieces you're missing.

Kerfax's guide that's stickied in this forum is a good place to start for some general overview stuff. I would strongly recommend picking up Eternal Flame and Holy Avenger and getting used to using all your cooldowns as often as possible. We are extremely powerful when our cds are blown and rather medium between. If you are letting them go unused you're gimping yourself terribly.

Install WeakAuras and learn your way around. I did the bar below to track my major cds. You can find the import code at: http://pastebin.com/iREzsxHG

Have fun, good luck and be sure to ask lots of questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    I would say that picking up the DMC trinket is an absolute necessity since it's a bis trinket this tier for us (imo, I'm sure someone will disagree with me).
    I completely agree, the mana regen on this trinket is just insane... even more so if you upgrade it twice.(fyi:If you upgrade the DMC card the proc is also buffed)
    Last edited by Ospreyozh; 2012-12-30 at 06:34 AM.