Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tank Composition

Hello peeps!
    At the moment my guild runs with Pala (me) / War as tanks.
    I don't want to start a discussion here, but pala didn't get much love since 5.0.1 and I'm a little fed up by this.

My question is if running with 2 warrior tanks is as bad as it sounds (normal, 10m).
    Or if you can suggest me a class to pair up with the warrior (let's start recruit ppl!).

Thank you in advance

Deleted
    Can't see a single boss on normal that a warrior have troubles tanking, so you are more than fine. If you don't lose raid buffs, go ahead. On raid CD you will gain most of the times, specially with the raid wide physical (not magical) damage that seems popular, and for which aura mastery does nothing.

Huh? Palas are fucking awesome. Amazing self heals, raid heals, unsurpassed utility, If you think they are in a bad spot then you aren't playing them right, its not the class - it's you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Huh? Palas are fucking awesome. Amazing self heals, raid heals, unsurpassed utility, If you think they are in a bad spot then you aren't playing them right, its not the class - it's you.
    Do you feel better now?
    I never said that they are in a bad spot (even if they got a light nerf/fix on seal of insight in AoE, but it doesn't matter).
    I'm just saying that I see a lot of things that can be better (especially retri-wise, which is my offspec) and the develops just think that's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Negation View Post
    Do you feel better now?
    I never said that they are in a bad spot (even if they got a light nerf/fix on seal of insight in AoE, but it doesn't matter).
    I'm just saying that I see a lot of things that can be better (especially retri-wise, which is my offspec) and the develops just think that's alright.
    Make a thread about tanking and then say things could be better retri wise.

Put it this way, where do you feel the prot pala is lacking that you want to swop it out for something else?

If you are bored with your paladin tank reroll monk. Gives a lot of fun and is really good once geared.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Make a thread about tanking and then say things could be better retri wise.

Put it this way, where do you feel the prot pala is lacking that you want to swop it out for something else?
    I said "I don't want to start a discussion here, but pala didn't get much love since 5.0.1 and I'm a little fed up by this.". Could I be more clear?
    Did I say that I don't like prot? Was just a brief explanation of why I'd like to play something else and leave my raid spot to the other warrior.

Just read before going "full retard" on something please.

Quote Originally Posted by Negation View Post
    I said "I don't want to start a discussion here, but pala didn't get much love since 5.0.1 and I'm a little fed up by this.". Could I be more clear?
    Did I say that I don't like prot? Was just a brief explanation of why I'd like to play something else and leave my raid spot to the other warrior.

Just read before going "full retard" on something please.
    Very productive.

To answer your question, its normal, any tank comp is fine.

Deleted
    druid. you always want one druid tank.

Your paladin is doing it wrong, unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dubwise View Post
    Your paladin is doing it wrong, unfortunately.
    Nice comment. Can you add something more?
    I'm doing it wrong why?

If you don't have anything to say, just shut up.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to have 2 warrior tanks in your raid ? That sounds pretty redundant and silly in my opinion.

Gear wise it might be more beneficial to have a druid or monk instead, but honestly there's nothing wrong with a Paladin / Warrior combo either.

Deleted
    I just really do not see why you would shunt a paladin for a warrior. I would rather run 2x paladin tanks than 2x warrior tanks.

I don't see why you'd want to swap based on the fact that prot paladins "haven't had much love since 5.0.1" (they have, by the way).

Deleted
    To answer your 'question', no two warrior tanks isn't awful though your current setup is most likely stronger in most scenarios. I'd even argue that warrior+paladin is the strongest tank combination in the game, having block is really important on some fights and both classes add a ton of raid utility. The only real drawback is that you share the same loot to some extent (though double warrior would be even worse in this regard).

Deleted
    Yeah, as cookie said I would say that warrior + paladin is the strongest tanking combo possible atm. Paladin+druid is also very strong.

Deleted
    Ok, thank you everyone for the answers!

Btw if I reroll, I won't go warrior, but something else. My guild already has a second warrior tank :V

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are awesome.
    In a 10man you want to get as many buffs and raid cooldowns as you can, and warriors can provide banners/cry etc. I wouldn't see anything wrong with 2 warrior tanks in 10man.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Ok. Have the paladin learn to play his class or replace him with someone that can play their class. Is that clear enough for you?

Paladins not getting love? We run with a paladin tank and me a DK tank. On stone guardians the paladin tank tops dps AND healing meters... our guild might suck or whatever but we have gotten MSV down on normal 10 with this setup and the Paladin tank usually high on dps and not far behind the healers on their meter too. Just check your spec and build and you will do fine.