Deleted

Mass shuffling still effective? What I'm missing out?

So i played with ore shuffle lately. Massive ore shuffle. Prospected around 15k ore (750 stacks), cost per stack varied from 15 to 25g each (22-3 on average) if I take 1.2 gold per ore this sums to 18k invested + 1350g on settings - lets round up to 20k gold invested
    These were the results:

-~120x each blue color gem
    -~400+ x each green color gem
    -2500 shards (250 jc gems) (7 gold each)

Now taking JCer to make some greenie jewelerys and DE them
    -1800 spirit dust (2g each)
    -100 essences (10-15g each)
    -35 large shards (after turning them into) [40-45g each]
    Converted part of that dust into essences for better profits
    Cut leftover 300 green gems for perfect cuts, made around 30 perfect cuts, vendored rest (250g vendor)

Took rares to transmute master to make metas - biggest profitmaker IMO
    60x cast transmute primal - 79 metas come out (180g each)
    Now I'm left with 360 pure rares (10g each uncut, 15-30 useful cuts) so take 18g each on average

If I manage to sell everything I will make:
    -250 gold vendoring cut greenies
    -2k gold selling jc gems
    -2.5k selling dust
    -3k selling essences
    -1500g shards (+200g a day sha crystal cd)
    -6500g selling rares
    -30 perfect cuts that might be some odd 1k
    -14.000g selling metagems

That's total of 31,000 gold, -5% AH cut it's lil under 30k (29.450)
    45% profit might not be so bad but lets look at how much work it takes:

-Prospecting ores 3000 casts x2s = almost 2 hours on prosp casts alone + looting = 3.5-4 hours of total mind numbing task
    -Making & disenchanting jewelery = 1000 casts, then 1000 disenchants one by one, another 2-3 hours due to constant inventory full garbage

That's around five - seven damn hours of boredom torture. If you take that 9k earned gold this is actually really crappy maker. I'm making 6-9k per hour just plain farming embersilk cloth, and this is far more entertaining, to pull 50 mobs and swipe them in two clean globals. And that gold is best case scenario when no scrub undercuts you by 30% on something, driving the price to oblivion for next few days.

I think I'll scrap this booshit and just use the ores for trillium bar transmuting. Can launch smelting -> transmuting with one cast and do something else which i can't with this dumb prospect / DE thing. I'm not risking using autoclicker or some prospecitng bot, no.

How do you guys shuffle being time effective??

Deleted
    on my realm the shuffle is totally broken as far as I have been able to work out.
    with classes no long stacking primary stats, but using mix gem colors it should be more profitable as there are more gems to sell, However since the ores now have a much lower chance of giving blue quality gems, and that enchanting can now "craft" all of the various mats out of each other the potential for profit has been slashed.

at one point during cata I was prospecting upwards of 30-35k ore a day and doubling my investment back with ease, more so at major content releases. These days it's just not worth the time it takes for me to sit there for several hours watching TV and prospecting ore.

Deleted
    Even enchanting mat is pretty close to ring vendor value tbh, vendoring is almost 9 gold, that's equal to 4.5 dusts which doesn't happen too often. And it takes three gems unlike one or two like in Cata. Sure there is no Vendorite in MOP but three gems instead 1-2?

Are you making any of the 450 jewelry to sell ? That should be a solid source of profits .

trick: find a low pop faction (or server).

I might not be selling dozens of metas every day but they still sell 1k-1.5k
    selling many oranges/purples/green cuts 250-300g/gem.
    Ore prices range in the 70g/stack on AH (i usually catch around 40-50g per) but the offer is low enough that I actually make more profit xmuting green/orange/purple lower quality gems via golden lotus xmutes and such...

Downside is there's a pretty big cap on how much stuff sells.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an amazing way to make gold now, but sometimes you can price those mats a little higher after weekly resets

Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    trick: find a low pop faction (or server).

I might not be selling dozens of metas every day but they still sell 1k-1.5k
    selling many oranges/purples/green cuts 250-300g/gem.
    Ore prices range in the 70g/stack on AH (i usually catch around 40-50g per) but the offer is low enough that I actually make more profit xmuting green/orange/purple lower quality gems via golden lotus xmutes and such...

Downside is there's a pretty big cap on how much stuff sells.
    that's not really a solution as nobody wants to play on some shitty dead backwater server

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not meant to work like this forever.
    It varies on different servers.
    Have fun earning gold!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this method of making gold. All the prospecting and disenchanting is amazing when I sit at my computer watching a movie, or reading a book while using one hand to hit my "=" button which is where all my profession macros are tied to. I can focus on something else, and still make decent gold. 9k an hour is not shabby by any means.

I don't (didn't) bother to craft + de the rings/necks. When you add in the price of the setting, plus the extra time involved (time=money) and the fact that any mass produced blue procs can take a long time to sell (if at all) it just wasn't worth it.

Now, I mass cut green gems for perfects. It's much quicker and the profit is more or less the same, if not more (RNG and all). The only problem I have is perfect cuts can fluctuate wildly in price. People see a certain perfect is low on stock/high price, and it gets spammed down to 20g. Given that there's still a large number of players who don't know (don't bother) about perfects, sometimes they can take a few days to sell. Also, if the Blue cut dips below the perfects price, it naturally stalls the sale aswell.

Deleted
    I'm not even bothering with it on my server. The profit margins compared to the time investment is not worth it. There are other ways of making way more gold that don't have me glued to my screen pressing the prospecting macro for 2 hours straight.

At least on my server, the shuffle G/H is too low.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-12-30 at 11:20 PM.

auto clicker is safe as shit for prospecting etc, as long as you stay by your computer while doing it. nothing different from using a keyboard macro.