Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Markle View Post
    Found what you wrote it just sounds like people were getting a little burned out, 5 nights a week is a lot and 3 is a lot more manageable especially for people with jobs and families.
    I didn't read that at all. I read a BS excuse about how the tank didnt have time to raid anymore due to RL, and then went on to LEAD A RAIDING GUILD.

Also, he made no attempt to actually CHANGE THINGS in the guild he was in... if this was me (or my guildies) they'd straight up tell the raidleader, "Hey, I'm busy mon, thurs, and friday, but I can still make tue, wed and weekends", and we either recruit, replace, or change the schedule around that as needed.

No attempt was made at this.

Sounds like the tank, and probably a few of your other raiders had issues with your leadership, clearly you are not this issue since they asked you to join. Sounds like there was some generally unhappiness below the surface of you happy guild.
    Again, some people can be raiding with a server first guild, and the whole time they'll have "If I was in charge..." festering in their head... the fact that they turned around and invited the whole raid team makes it sound very much like it wasnt one of those "Invite the top 6 and ditch the dead weight so we can start progressing" kind of things.

I would move on to find a new home. I wouldn't want to be in a guild where things happen without any explanations and people can't share what's on their mind.

Basically you've got 3 (or 4) options

1. Stay in your current guild which most likely means no raiding, at least for a while and when you do raid a step back in quality
    2. Join the new guild, which has to be reshaped and rebuild and most likely has fundamental changes from your current guild
    3. Find a new place where you can enjoy wow
    (4. Go guildless, not really the option to go for when you want to raid but it can be nice)

Anyway, good luck with your decision

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I absolutely did read your post. You obviously did not read mine. You talk about leaving a guild over an insignificant aspect. I'm telling you that being with people you enjoy playing with is the most important thing by a HUGE margin. Leaving a guild full of people you enjoy playin with just because the guild does not offer the "whole package" is silly. You work with the guild to make it your whole package as long as the people you enjoy playing with are there.

If you, and your friends, all want to leave together, that is fine. But leaving your friends because you don't like some silly thing about how the guild is run makes no sense. You work with the guild leadership in those cases or leave as a group.
    Alright well if you did read it. You could deduct that I didn't say anything like that. But having bad (for you or others) rules in place makes leaving easier not just for you but for everyone. It makes an unstable guild. In my post I actually said that the people make the guild. So we are in agreement actually. But not everything depends on that, there are a lot of side stuff that should be correct aswell. Not saying you cannot play in an imperfect guild or be "happy" to an extend that you are willing to take the bad with the good. I am... oh nevermind I feel like a parrot repeating myself
    Last edited by Vaelorian; 2012-12-28 at 07:42 AM.

Deleted
    I saw this happen in my old guild. It pretty much happens when a handful of players start to get a Diva attitude and think they are so much better than everyone else in the guild.
    You geared them up they think they can make better progress by taking the good players forming a new team and ditching the rest.

In my case they left to form a hardcore guild, then they server transferred and collapsed about a month later. My guild they killed had lasted since vanilla, so it wasn't really worth it.

Tell them that they are gutless undeserving cunts and move on. I truly find wow quite hilarious in that regard - even with the distance between the players people still don't have the balls to be just straight up. I always assume they are those who look scared to the ground when walking past someone.
    And honestly I wouldn't be willing to try to get something going again starting with four dps - I'd rather try to go somewhere else. Certainly understand the loyalty but I have been there sitting in a guild till the last moment it completely shut down and it just sucks trying to get something going again knowing already that there is a 0,01% chance of getting back to the previous standard which has the potential of an even worse ending.

Deleted
    Some people are wolves and some are sheep.

Go join your flock.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Alright well if you did read it. You could deduct that I didn't say anything like that. But having bad (for you or others) rules in place makes leaving easier not just for you but for everyone. It makes an unstable guild. In my post I actually said that the people make the guild. So we are in agreement actually. But not everything depends on that, there are a lot of side stuff that should be correct aswell. Not saying you cannot play in an imperfect guild or be "happy" to an extend that you are willing to take the bad with the good. I am... oh nevermind I feel like a parrot repeating myself
    You feel like a parrot because you are not answering any of my questions or addressing anything I've said. Let me try to make it clearer for you.

The problem with your posts is that you pretty much focus 99% of your posts around guild leadership, and barely mention the people in the guild. None of your advice on decisions have anything to do with who is in the guild. You state many times over that you would leave guilds based on how the leadership was. While that is a good reason to leave, I think it is more important to ensure you are with guildies you like. That's all.

So my question to you is - if you did not agree with the guild leadership, but all your friends (with whom you've played with for 5 years) wanted to stay in the guild, what would you do? I would stay. Friends >>>>>> everything else in this game IMHO.

Of course, if the issue is big enough where your friends will leave too, then you go with them. So.....it really is as easy as I stated in my original response. Hopefully that clears it up for you.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2012-12-28 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Out of the 6 year's I've been playing WoW I've never seen a guild rebuild itself to be as good as it once was, your better off joining the other one.
    my guild lost a whole bunch of people partway through TBC. we built ourselves back up better than before. we then lost a whole group of raiders in LK just before Ulduar came out (they decided to run their own guild, which would be better than ours). we rebuilt so fast that we kicked their butt in Ulduar progress. again, we were better and kept this up all through the remainder of LK and Cata.

it takes a lot of work to rebuild, but it isnt impossible. it needs belief and determination on the part of the officers.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Deleted
    i find it a bit sad so many people here find it such a normal thing too just leave the guild without adressing or trying too discuss the real issues, but instead just leave and reform.

i myself also went from a 25man too a 10man guild with the core raiders from it. but that was because the old Guild Leader of the 25man refused to go 10man (even though it broke apart due too people not showing up) which forced us too leave and reform.
    most of us were very dissatisfied with that since we really liked the old guild, but it was apperent it wouldnt work out there.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    You feel like a parrot because you are not answering any of my questions or addressing anything I've said. Let me try to make it clearer for you.

The problem with your posts is that you pretty much focus 99% of your posts around guild leadership, and barely mention the people in the guild. None of your advice on decisions have anything to do with who is in the guild. You state many times over that you would leave guilds based on how the leadership was. While that is a good reason to leave, I think it is more important to ensure you are with guildies you like. That's all.

So my question to you is - if you did not agree with the guild leadership, but all your friends (with whom you've played with for 5 years) wanted to stay in the guild, what would you do? I would stay. Friends >>>>>> everything else in this game IMHO.

Of course, if the issue is big enough where your friends will leave too, then you go with them. So.....it really is as easy as I stated in my original response. Hopefully that clears it up for you.
    True I would like to stay with my friends. I might not totally be objective towards "what guildies (= non-officers)" feel. I have never really been "just a member" of a guild. I was always an officer or GM. So to me that is important (not the position btw). I can tell rather quickly if a guild will survive or not due to this. But yes I would try and sort things out with guildleadership in order to stay with my friends. Hell as always I'd end up as an officer and would probably do my best to change things around there. But as was once the occasion, I'd leave and make my own guild with my friends. Cause indeed people make the guild.

Also because I was GM and officer before and always was in charge of recruitment - I'd make sure I had people in the guild I like and meshed well with my personality. Not that I wanted brown-nosers or whatever you call those...

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    Out of the 6 year's I've been playing WoW I've never seen a guild rebuild itself to be as good as it once was, your better off joining the other one.
    On the other hand i´ve never seen such a split guild last. They usually break apart after a short time and everyone goes somewhere else.

Seems like you need to decide what type of player you are.

It sounds like your style is progression raiding. If that's right, you should hook up with the new guild. However, prepare yourself to be changing guilds at least once a year — unless you happen to be in one of the top world guilds. Progression raiders hop between guilds quite frequently, using them to gear up and move on to better ones. Plenty of people will resent such actions, but that's what goes with that style of playing. Nothing wrong with playing that way, really. This new guild you refer to likely will last, as others have noted, about six months max., possibly less.

I've got my toons split pretty much half-and-half between two guilds and have established decent friendships in both guilds that allows me to pretty much raid when I want to or do other things. However, I'm not a progression raider. Never have been one, really. Requires too much time commitment and stresses me out. So, I found my niche and the people that make my niche work.

You should find yours. It'll all work itself out from there.

Deleted
    Ironicly our guild recently went through a similar thing. Only for different reasons. Sounds like several people had a problem with your GM or one of the officers who has the GM's ear. Rather then talk it through they have acted and jumped ship and then lured over as many people as they could to carry on.

My advice is to go with them. Whats the point of staying if most have left anyway? At the very least once your in the new guild you will find out pretty quickly what caused this and then you can decide if you agree or if you want to move on. Ive tried staying in dead guilds after a split and it never works. NEVER. On the otherhand this new guild has a chance especially if the reason for the original split has been left behind