Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DW frost - help on Twin Emps!

Heya! Guys, I need a little help here on the Twin Emperors. I 'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but all of a sudden they've gone from 'tough-but-doable' to 'argh, why won't you die!?' I just can't seem to get the buggers to drop below 40%! Even flasked, potted, food'd, and CDd, they just bounce to 40 and stay there. I recently switched from 2H to DW, so maybe the issue is in that? My armory is: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rahertz/simple
    Please ignore the Shin'ka equipped, that should be a pair of Kil'raks. I was showing off for a guidie when I logged.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only been able to kill them solo with my 2h blood spec, I find putting out a pet can be a liability as sometimes it causes them to bug out when swapping spots. What I do is just keep spamming the one who takes physical damage with bloodstrike, heart strike, frost strike, keep putting down D&D to do dmg to the magic one.

Whenever empower runeweapon is up I'll pop that, spam DS max out my runic power and pop out dancing rune weapon as well. It takes about 5-10 minutes straight of just beating the heck out of the physical vulnerable one to do it.

Are you doing the trick where you tank them both in the little corner so you don't get knocked all over god's earth?

my armory is Lovecrafts - Eitrigg if you are curious.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

D'oh - THAT'S how I downed them last week, in Blood spec not frost. How did I forget that? Thank you for the advice, Lovecrafts. ^.^;

Yep, you need to do it as blood. Even though you put out a lot more DPS as frost, it's half physical and half magic, and each boss either takes one or the other.

I do it as frost, it's a little annoying but haven't really had any problems

Facepalm. First of all, I've killed them a few times as frost, no issue, just took awhile. Now, I will accept that I have some good gear, and not everyone does. However, I almost guarantee, if you simply use necrotic Strike with every Death Rune you get, you shouldn't have any issue. I also recommend not using ghouls unless you gotta Death Pact, since they can pull and hold aggro on the melee twin, and don't forget to Howling Blast the ranged twin a few times.

You're welcome.
    Last edited by scorpious1109; 2012-12-27 at 04:51 AM.

Necrotic strike, that's a good idea. Didn't think of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Yep, you need to do it as blood.
    Need?

I did it as 2h frost...

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Now, I will accept that I have some good gear, and not everyone does. However, I almost guarantee, if you simply use necrotic Strike with every Death Rune you get, you shouldn't have any issue.
    484 ilvl without necrotic strike, it took forever, but it wasnt hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Need?

I did it as 2h frost...

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 06:05 AM ----------

484 ilvl without necrotic strike, it took forever, but it wasnt hard
    Exactly what I was saying. I'm not even saying you need NS, just that it makes it easier if you can't out dps the heals.

I play DW typically, however, I switch to 2h for twin emps, pop army, ghoul, prepot/cd's, and also pre-cap blood charges. Go to town on the melee emperor with OB spam, ERW, ect... Tap the caster with HB to make sure you'll get loot from it. Should be dead in 20 seconds or less.

Haven't done them on my DK yet but on my hunter I used the following macro style to spread physical/spell damage between the two:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot (and Cobra Shot as well)
    /tar Emperor Vek'lor
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /tar Emperor Vek'nilash
    I'm sure you can do the same for Frost Strike/Howling Blast, just make sure to always target back to Vek'nilash for auto attacks/Obliterate/... it'll make the entire fight a walk in the park
    Last edited by Jiry; 2012-12-27 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiry View Post
    Haven't done them on my DK yet but on my hunter I used the following macro style to spread physical/spell damage between the two:
    Code:
    #showtooltip Arcane Shot (and Cobra Shot as well)
    /tar Emperor Vek'lor
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /tar Emperor Vek'nilash
    I'm sure you can do the same for Frost Strike/Howling Blast, just make sure to always target back to Vek'nilash for auto attacks/Obliterate/... it'll make the entire fight a walk in the park
    Yer this is what I do, don't even use necrotic strike takes me <2min. Full malevolent too no pve gear.

I just obliterate one, then frost strike rime proc on the other.

I also kill the adds just before emps so they dont come when you start the fight.

just killed it as 2hander frost. It takes awhile but just keep spamming obliterate and froststrike and they die eventually. Disease-immunity sucks dick

Deleted
    didn't try it with DW but as 2hander frost it is pretty easy ... I pop army and CDs and nuke melee twin ... ERW is also great here ... twins die after first teleport

Deleted
    Used all cooldowns as 2h frost, nuked it down within a minute

Not sure, but will Army of the Dead target targets that are immune to Physical Damage? Popping army and dumping the whole lot of them on the mele emperor would be a lot of burst. The key for most hybrid damage classes (magic and Physical damage off most of their attacks) is to be able to put out enough pure physical or pure Magical damage to burst down one emperor.

Make sure you get your back against the wall. If you don't it will take a while. You should be able to out dps the healing pretty easily. Death Siphon can also help.

Deleted
    do it as frost... should drop within 1 min...

just pop army and your ghoul, run to (and then attack) the melee emp. He doesn't do a knockback. By the time the other emp gets in range he should be on 40% and the caster emp won't get close enough to you to do a knockback anyway.

tbh he should be dead before they even switch.

Blood? For that old fight? Dunno why you need that, I have been doing this as dw frost with no problems, the fight gets a little longer, like 2/3 mins, but is pretty easy, if you dont have a problem with run to your target...

The reason why Blood can be easier than Frost for Twin Emps is because Blood's big 3 melee abilities are all the same damage type (physical, which also complements your auto-attacks). Frost on the other hand has auto-attack+Obliterate as physical damage with Howling Blast and Frost Strike being magic.