Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    They "promised" (which is laughable because they never promise) Ulduar-esque raiding for the second tier, which is 5.2, and if you have looked at any of the data-mined info, you'd be excited about it.

Vanilla PvP was way worse than it is now. People like to exaggerate a lot, though I do admit the imbalance is not good. Confident patches and gear will change things though.
    So they just throw 3 raids that have no design related to ulduar, then you tell me they will release it in 5.2? Why? Why not try to make all raids be like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    So they just throw 3 raids that have no design related to ulduar, then you tell me they will release it in 5.2? Why? Why not try to make all raids be like that?
    I suppose if all raids looked like Ulduar that would get boring after a while. As well, sometimes the storyline for a raid doesn't work well with 13 bosses. Variety is a good thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Yep, still have so much to do, wich wasn't the case 3 months into cataclysm. Just take a break if you're bored.

Hopefully my friends are going to join me on ED and i'll get back into competitive PvP, only thing i'm really missing from past expansions atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I suppose if all raids looked like Ulduar that would get boring after a while. As well, sometimes the storyline for a raid doesn't work well with 13 bosses. Variety is a good thing.
    I can honestly tell they spend alot of time making the ulduar raid, mechanics, voice acting, designing. Almost making some encounters near impossible to beat, the feeling of clearing ulduar was the best feeling ever. I don't feel like that in the raids now. I don't have the feeling they put their commitment in making awesome raids anymore. Even Citadel was amazing. The head designers working on the project have moved on, so i guess we wont get any content that have the commitment of people that working on the best part of the game anymore..

It's now about how much quantity of bosses there is in a raid, it's the perfection creating them. I don't feel it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can honestly tell they spend alot of time making the ulduar raid, mechanics, voice acting, designing. Almost making some encounters near impossible to beat, the feeling of clearing ulduar was the best feeling ever. I don't feel like that in the raids now. I don't have the feeling they put their commitment in making awesome raids anymore. Even Citadel was amazing. The head designers working on the project have moved on, so i guess we wont get any content that have the commitment of people that working on the best part of the game anymore..

It's now about how much quantity of bosses there is in a raid, it's the perfection creating them. I don't feel it anymore.
    I hear you. There's a lot of art to making things like raids. Sometimes that art (raid design) works exceptionally well for reasons that are difficult to describe. Sometimes/often they don't quite work as well. It's fair to take into account how many raids you've seen since then too. Whatever else WoW is, it's not something that continuously looks for startling new things to do. Raids are raids. Some just work better or worse than others. I'm guessing that they had no idea when DS was done but not public yet that it would be their least popular raid in some years.

Lastly, all this talk of Ulduar is a little unsettling because it's a guaranteed fact that once it's out and available, people will rush to the forums (there, here, everywhere) to pronounce how terrible it all is and especially how it's not as good as Ulduar. Some may be sincere in that, many others won't be. It's the way of things with any art, not just game design.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'm confused what you mean by this. The biggest complaint about Cata was that they never went back to how many bosses there were in Ulduar and ICC. Then MoP comes out and it's the same complaint. "Six? That's the best you can do?" We finally get a raid with 12(13h) bosses and somehow "they've started focusing on quantity rather than quality?"
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Somewhat, but are taking break atleast until 5.2. sucks that they took 6 months subs from me 10 days ago, stupid 12 mounts thingy for diablo 3, did let me to cancel the sub until the 12 months had passed and when it had passed it took another 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I'm confused what you mean by this. The biggest complaint about Cata was that they never went back to how many bosses there were in Ulduar and ICC. Then MoP comes out and it's the same complaint. "Six? That's the best you can do?" We finally get a raid with 12(13h) bosses and somehow "they've started focusing on quantity rather than quality?"
    I don't believe that person you quoted was one of those who had a problem with having six-boss raids... people DO have different opinions, you know. :P

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The expansion is wonderful and is refreshing from what Cataclysm delivered. New bosses and raids, a lot more things to do, etc. I'm sure there's plenty of things that need adjusting, since a lot of problems that were stated in beta, Blizzard released with retail anyhow without listening to feedback.

Dailies are an issue, not exactly for one character, but for your alts. You'll easily get burnt out faster, making this expansion non-alt friendly (or not friendly with progressing your alts like you did in last expansions). What else can I think of? LFR loot system is garbage, hands down. Is it better than what we had in DS? Sure it is, but it can be better. I'm not sure what to say about it. You get lucky, other times you don't. Overall, I like this expansion. The only thing I miss is communication between players. Everyone is sour towards each other.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I don't believe that person you quoted was one of those who had a problem with having six-boss raids... people DO have different opinions, you know. :P
    Yes, but the point still stands. "It's all about the quantity" makes no sense when there are less of them. Mine wasn't a kneejerk reaciton, yours shouldn't be either.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Notice how you said 'when I go into LFR' not 'when I went into LFR'. It makes a large difference. Also I still don't see how either of your pallies is still in greens when your armory shows different. That is unless you believe your tabard somehow affects your ilevel.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Jaydenz/simple

I also enjoy how you have another pally linked to your Battle.net account that isn't in greens either.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...vellana/simple
    How are you able to see which characters are linked to my battle.net account?

-Doing whatever dailies I feel whenever I feel. I really do love the wide selection it makes it much harder to get bored.

-Farming! I love my farm.

-Exploring all the pretty details of Pandaria. I like to walk or use a ground mount and just kind of take in the sights.

-Whatever else I can think of.

I've been since Vanilla and the game seems more fun as I go on not less. I really don't see what all the fuss is about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Should I be flattered or creeped out that my original user name I made up back in 1999 and have used in several different games...which was also previously the only character by that name on any US or EU server up until now...has been cloned? O.O
    Hopefully flattered. I created the character because I liked your forum name, i thought there would be several characters named that but when i rolled it on the server i am on, it wasnt taken. One of the nicer moderators imo, and Darsithis.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 05:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    So much this or me aswell. I am an alToholic. MoP as it stands is not alt friendly at all. SO until they change that fact I've unsubbed.

EDIT: ALTOHOLIC....
    How is the expansion not "alt friendly"?? Just because you cant have full top tier epic gear the DAY you hit 90, you mope and whine about the expansion not being friendly to your 20 billion alts? Get real man.

My fellow posters, this is entitlement at its core.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How are you able to see which characters are linked to my battle.net account?
    A couple of WoW sites track alts. One such is wowprogress. There's another one too that I can't remember the name of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully flattered. I created the character because I liked your forum name, i thought there would be several characters named that but when i rolled it on the server i am on, it wasnt taken. One of the nicer moderators imo, and Darsithis.
    Well, aren't you sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    A couple of WoW sites track alts. One such is wowprogress. There's another one too that I can't remember the name of.
    http://www.wowprogress.com/character...r-zhul/Jaylock
    You can see there, the two paladins listed as your alts.

Same goes if you looked up my user name there, it'd show you all of my other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Well, aren't you sweet.

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...r-zhul/Jaylock
    You can see there, the two paladins listed as your alts.

Same goes if you looked up my user name there, it'd show you all of my other characters.
    It should be noted that you can disable this if you create an account, link your character to it, and opt to have alt-tracking disabled.

Yes.

No it's not particularly alt friendly but then I only have so many alts in the first place because Cata was so bad that you literally needed to level alts for something to do! I personally prefer the MoP model where you get to concentrate more on a single character whilst still having plenty to do.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

Very fun.

In fact, I just lvl'd my first alt to 90, and I'm gearing her up nicely. My guild only raids 3 days a week, and I've always wanted another toon to play with in the end-game.

Absolutely. I still believe it's the best expansion.

What are you doing in the game to stay sane? Dailies are cool and they have their fun factor. In my opinion, raids just are plain stale, and the mechanics are pretty unoriginal so they are getting very boring, very fast right now.

Also its pretty noticable how terrible players are this expansion. No offense, but when I can go into an LFR wearing greens and blues on a fresh 90 and pull top 5 dps, there is something very wrong.

Just what are you doing to have fun in mope? Is it your guild that keeps you having fun, or is the the game itself? I guess im just getting exasperated.
    Naw you are just like always, pessimistic and whiny. Do something with your friends , like pvp, achievement runs, level an alt or whatever is even remotely fun to you.