Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Naw you are just like always, pessimistic and whiny.
    Having a different opinion doesnt mean whiny.

If you find the raid mechanics of this tier boring and unoriginal , I suspect you are over raiding in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post
    Considering his usual threads I disagree, he is almost as bad as Salandrin and that says something.

Still enjoying it. Been getting an alt up. Went from "You are now neutral with Klaxxi" to honored without a single daily thanks to the lead in quests and double rep token. I just wanted access to the crafting patterns, particularly belt buckle.

I basically just like getting alts to max level, doing professions and worry about raid gear on the main. I'll probably get reps up with appropriate factions on alts for pattern access though.

Main is doing LFR and a few dailies to finish off rep while waiting for folks to catch up to do regular raiding, but I'm enjoying a relaxed pace and some alt leveling this expansion. I actually feel like logging on less doesn't put me further behind right now like most people seem to claim so I can play WoW and not neglect some console games I got

Now they have started gating story and content behind dailies this expansion is staring to taste a bit sour already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Jaylock, I am kinda sad that you didn't respond to my inquiry. Passing me over... Sad times >.>
    Sorry to pass you up, not intended.

Ah Jaylock... Where the hell have you been? I've missed your brand of "I don't really like WoW, but I play anyway" threads.

In response to your inquiries...
    What am I doing to stay sane? Why, I am playing the game of course. I do my dailies when I feel like it, I raid, I toy with the idea of PvP and then talk myself out of it, I work on professions, I look at my rogue and wonder why the hell I even made the toon, I pretend to play Pokemon and lament at the fact that I didn't name myself Ash or something equally as charming, I completed archeology (after not bothering with it since it was addes), I complain because I need 2 sigils of wisdom and only seem to get gold, I ask myself "What does my Luckydo?", I wonder how much fun it would be to have a "Grummlebliteration" quest and I have many many wares... err other things I do.
    If those things that many see as just a time sink, and fluff to the game make you happy, and you are content with that content (no pun intended), then by all means, thats wonderful for you and I hope that lasts for you.

All of those things keep me pretty sane. I mean, it's a game after all, you gotta have fun with it. You can't force yourself to enjoy it... that just doesn't work.

Now, about the use of "mope". Calling it Mists of Pandaria Expansion... See, I don't believe you in the slightest. Nor do I believe that anyone else calls it "mope" for that reason. Let me expand on why. No one called TBC "TBCE", no one called Wrath "WotLKE", no one called Cata "Cata-E". I believe people use the term "mope" because they don't like the expansion and it's their way of calling it a failure, and a catchy way at that.
    Mope is a short nick name for Mists of Pandaria. The "e" evolved over time because its the lazy mans way of capitalizing the first and third letters of the expansion. Hence: MoP = Mope. The e on the end can be argued it stands for expansion. Others may say its a way of demeaning the game, and certainly they have a case for that. Its all a matter of opinion i suppose.

I see you are also bringing up the quality of the players in the expansion based on what you have seen in the LFR. I would say you could say the exact same thing about the players during Cata if you looked at the LFR. The skill level hasn't changed Jaylock. It's the same "hot mess" it was during Cata.
    Can we agree on something here? Can we agree that the reason why players are so terrible is it has to do with Blizzard training them to be so? Can we agree that since early vanilla / TBC / even early WoTLK, the average skill of the playerbase (taken as a whole) was higher than it is now? Is that a fair assumption and observation? Players were just skilled because they cared about their performance back then. There are a myriad of reasons why this was the case. For 1) players had to be better if they ever wanted to gain server reputation as GOOD players. Before CRZ and LFR/LFD nonsense, you had to build a name for yourself and by so doing, you had to be better or no one would want to run with you. 2) Players actually read up on boss strats. Remember bosskillers.com? I sure do, and I required my guild to read up on the strats before we even made a first attempt. I assigned them "homework" if you will, and it was highly effective to the success of my raids. Players were willing to do this because they took pride in their performance. Not so much anymore.

Finally, if you don't mind... I would like to ask you something. You seem down on the expansion and you don't really appear to be having much fun. Hopefully that is an accurate assessment of your current mindset. So that begs the question, "Why are you still playing?" Now, I don't ask this as an underhanded way of saying "If you don't like it... quit!"... I ask because I don't understand why one would continue to put up with something that they don't like. Especially when they have the opportunity to get away from the thing(s) they don't like.
    I have fun in my own way in this expansion. I have quit several times over the life of this game because sometimes Blizz pushes things too far. Just because I dont like certain aspects of car I drive, doesnt mean I dont use it to get from point A to point B. And you only can hope that the car manufacturer gets a clue and adds / removes the features I think would make the car better, and several other million people as well.

My guess is that you continue to play in hopes that you will see a change in the game. You hope that the game brings you something that you will really enjoy, but currently you aren't finding that. Persistent you are, I must admit. Why not step away for a little while. When I get into the mindset you seem to have, I step back and give myself a break. After a month or two, I can come back rejuvenated and resume what I was doing.
    You nailed it. I do step away a lot, and yet I still contribute (for better or for worse) to these community boards. I have gained a reputation in this community as a bit of an asshole at times. I admit that. It only comes from my deep embedded passion for the game I have played ever since it was in RTS format.

People love to go "oh its another jaylock thread" but yet, my belief is that many of these people are so hooked to this game, and so attached to anything blizzard does that they will blindly defend everything about the game, while not admitting that there are flaws, some of them major. It is quite frankly disturbing that people defend a company so adamantly because of their dependence on their game.

Off Topic: As a side note, i have lost all faith in Blizzard for Diablo 3. Removing PvP deathmatch was the worst decision they made imho. I played the PvP deathmatch at 2 blizzcons and it was the most fun I have had playing a Diablo game since opening the Diablo 1 box almost 18 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandareeni View Post

On this case..., it does

Deleted
    Yes.
    /10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to just raid, raid, raid, raid.

Now I raid, do dailies that are even sort of interesting every now and then, and Pet Battle.

I do these things willingly. So, I would say that I do indeed enjoy MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

it got boring a few months back tbh. i do not care for any part of that xpac unfortunately. may come back for the next depending on what it is

Deleted
    Yes. I enjoy it very much. If you don't, why still play?

I still find lots to do in MoP, which is basically what I expect from a MMO. I am glad that WoW - at least to some degree - evolved past just being an item management game and actually gave us stuff to do besides being horny for more epics. I'm afraid though, that this change has come too late, with the majority of WoW players already being conditioned into expecting gear upgrades for every action they perform ingame.

By this point the only curse WoW continues to bear is the curse of horrible development choices and allowing imbalance between classes to sustain beyond patches and even expansions. This is now eating not only into PvP, but also into PvE. In a game where OP classes are a standard and knowing that they are now fixed for patches, if not expansions, those who are considered "balanced" are actually having the least fun playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm somewhere between meh and actual enjoyment atm. I still like MoP, but much of the shine is gone now. But I do have plenty to keep me occupied while I am logged on.

CRZ has killed any desire to level any of my lower level alts in the 1-84 range on a PvP server thanks to those level 90s who think it's fun to corpse camp. Levelling via dungeons doesn't really hold any appeal since (like Blizzard) I like to get out there in the world and quest. I don't mind getting ganked, but actively preventing someone from playing is just pathetic.

So I've turned to levelling a character of the opposite faction (in this case Alliance) on a PvE server, check out the quests on the blue side and pet battle. I plan on making a Pandaren on this server too some day. Otherwise it's mostly just logging to: raid, do LFR with my fiancee, farm, daily CDs, dailies.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's repetitive and annoying. And you didn't walk into LFR in quest greens and blues . Sure you might have a couple of greens and blues, but you're not decked out in them - if you were, you wouldn't be 460 and thus in LFR. Oh and.. you play a lock. Very hard to come in in the top third of the DPS as a lock in LFR.

Oh and I did give feedback... you just ignored it. Re-read my post.
    Always top 1-3 dps in LFR, no matter wich of my classes i attend with...
    And thats in blue pvp gear pretty much... Lacking hit and other pve stats.
    But yeah its LFR so what do you expect, some are terrible, others not so much.
    For me MOPE sux, its boring, bad gameplay... And that SACRIFICED the ENTIRE BALANCE time they spent on cataclysm, by remodelling all the talents.
    Thats just plain stale and dumb, now they can spend 1-2 years trying to balance again, and im betting 100 euros that they will remodel talents and everything else in the next expansion...
    Its like trying to climb a tree, u make good progress, then u suddenly decide to jump off, and climp the tree next to it.
    its just unproductive and dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yeah, still finding it very fun.

there is ALWAYS something to do. This is something that really started to wear me down in previous expacs, once you've hit valor cap, you're saved to raids etc there was very little to do. Now however we have Scenarios and Pet Battles amongts other things, so I can log on at any time and there will ALWAYS be a way to burn 10/15 mins.

I mean shit... It's been a few months now since MoP was release.. I've not even STARTED leveling my alts yet, I've been playing my Monk solidly this whole time, so even if two or three months down the line I get bored of him, I can always jump onto one of my healers or a Dps and do something different for a while.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Yes, it's fun, but I am currently unsubbed because I don't have a steady group of guildies/friends to raid with, and that's what I like to do best in the game, and LFR absolutely destroys my soul.

To make a long story short, all my friends quit so the game just got, well, stale. Still fun, but stale.

Yes

10chars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Just look at my signature....

Altho now i dont think its so fun anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granis View Post
    Just look at my signature....

Altho now i dont think its so fun anymore
    Alot of time on your hands?

Just like the words of wisdom say when you log in, "moderation is the key" well ok i put the key in there, but you get the point. You can burn out on anything doing it too much, and for some people that can really ruin it for you. I have learned to pace myself and at the start got my warrior to 90 since I have been playing him for the last 8 years, I lie again, it would of been 7 and some change when I decided to level a monk.

Once I leveled a monk I never looked back, but getting to 90 lasted on a few long days, but once there he quickly surpassed my warriors gear score and LFR queue time is not an issue when you got a healer that does them with you :-) I did name my monk Ehonda, some will get it and some won't.

I do not do normal raids well, that one time I did I had to fill in for my guild, which is my guild by the way to raid a day and got lucky 2 or 3 drops for me in MV, but outside of that, I got lucky on Sha both the gloves and pants dropped for me, and sitting at 9/10 wisdoms currently.

I have a couple great Tmogs, Rank7 in the brawlers guild <not bragging, but it was my goal so that I could pass an invite to someone else>

Tend to my farm daily, and my monk was going to be my farmer, at first but got boring so I dropped both herbing and mining and went for leatherworking and enchanting. Since my Warrior is a JC and BS, and my other warrior that is 87 and is leveling up soley by picking herbs and mining, he will be my farmer eventually, (cata was easier to do what i am trying to do with this guy)

That being said I have alot to do, i started my dailies late I acutally did not even start dailies until I wanna say since 5.1 only because I was still into Diablo 3 and by then it kinda wore off, and was able to dedicated some more hours into wow.

Now my wife on the other hand has 9 - 90's all 90's have the 16 plot farms, her others are 88 and 85 right now. And they are all...you guessed it Priests every single one of them, how quirky is that. And all disc priests, she refuses to dps I keep saying you know you do have a shadow spec!!

haha