Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got bored/unsubbed before getting revered with the golden lotus...I don't like the way we are "forced" into doing dailies to keep up. and those dailies aren't fun...

nope, so i unsubbed.

Deleted
    Top 5 dps in LFR .

On to the point of this thread, no I don't find MoP fun anymore. I log to raid 2x a week and every morning to do 1 daily. Thats it.
    Then again, thats fun enough for me to keep paying so...

I thought I would give MoP a try but it didn't last very long. I quit the very first week. It had been a long time coming since after Cata was released.

However, I had like 2 months of game time on my account, so I logged in during the holidays to see if anything has changed. In fact its the same crap over again and PVP is also a complete CC/Stun fest.

I gave it 2 days and I am glad I can walk from it today. Sure the game was good in its hey day but its a complete money grab for Blizzard right now. I mean they had all this hype for scenarios, I did the Theramore one the very first time and it was quite underwhelming.

Pet battles again ain't very engaging. Its probably cause I ain't a fan of turn based games. LFR was probably one of the worst features yet to be implemented regardless of its objective so I will not comment.

Deleted
    I unsubbed aswell. Don´t like the rotation for Destru Locks at all. Really boring to play now.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Mope... i get it. hah.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FixDestruNow View Post
    I unsubbed aswell. Don´t like the rotation for Destru Locks at all. Really boring to play now.....
    Wth It's always been boring what would you like it when we had to keep SOUL fire up due to it giving haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mystblade View Post

Now my wife on the other hand has 9 - 90's all 90's have the 16 plot farms, her others are 88 and 85 right now. And they are all...you guessed it Priests every single one of them, how quirky is that. And all disc priests, she refuses to dps I keep saying you know you do have a shadow spec!!

haha
    Sorry, but I would have never guessed that, and I worry about the sanity of your wife, playing just Disc on 11 chars. I mean even counting seperate races she'd have to have doubles. How on earth does she not get bored with it all? My sister made 3 warriors, all 3 different specs and races, and she's bored to tears with the 2 not her main. She's actually considering straight out deleting one of them, even though high level and completely trained profession wise just to not have that burden and free up the name again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Wth It's always been boring what would you like it when we had to keep SOUL fire up due to it giving haste.
    The rotation in Cata rocked compared to MoP.

Deleted
    Although I'm kinda bored at times I still find this expansion interesting. My guild is close to killing Sha of Fear normal though and then we will try HC modes which will be fun for sure since I loved most of the raid encounters in t14. Also, another way to spend my time on is to gear up my warlock alt, I really want to try destro soon and I love Demo (I hate affli haha) and warlock island in 5.2! We have a few months ahead of us for 5.2 but I think I can handle it ^_^
    So... the expansion is still fun for me!

Absolutely, yes.
    I think it's probably the best expansion yet. Design is amazing, boss mechanics are fun and varied, and there's TONS of stuff one can do (no, not just dailies).

Just make sure you don't burn out on doing too many dailies. I took the slow approach, I only bought 2 pieces of gear from Klaxxi and that was it, then I took it slow... I'm currently Exalted with Golden Lotus and Operation Shieldwall only.
    I do maybe one set of dailies a day *at most*.
    Didn't matter at all for my gearing process, sure I could have had more gear faster, but I still got everything I wanted as a raid drop pretty fast too. There's 16 bosses so lots of opportunities for gear to drop.
    Now I don't even need to do the dailies anymore, I just do it slowly because I want to be Exalted with everyone eventually and get some vanity items. Just for fun and not for gear. That's really what the dailies should be about - getting achievements and fun stuff. Maybe they should disconnect valor point gear from reputation altogether.

So... yeah. Just make sure you don't burn yourself out with all those dailies. It's not necessary, not even if you think it is. You can build up your item level to the required or desired level purely by doing 5man dungeons, LFR and raiding itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in love with this expansion still. I am having as much fun as I had back during some of the BC/WotLK days. Still not as in love with WoW as I was forever ago, and some days I feel I put too much time in this expansion, but that is more of a compliment than a take away. There is simply too much to do, that there isn't enough time in the week. Currently I run all kinds of older raids, soloed Glory of the Raider last week, and have done half of ICC/Ulduar solo. I'm hoping to get some tank gear and try some Cata stuff. I also just started leveling a warrior. I love the way PVP works, I enjoy the LFR system so that I don't have to cater a schedule around the game, and I just start pet battling yesterday and it is pretty awesome. In Cata I stood around in Org without anything to do most times. In Mists I rarely have a time where there isn't something I could be doing. I love all the new mounts available, I only need to get exalted with August Celestials to be done with Mists reputations, then try and keep farming earlier expansion mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Unsubbed during cataclysm.

I had always thought I'd pick up WOW again with the next expansion (MOP) and how everything kinda resets with the kick off of leveling again.

Tried the MOP beta thinking it would stir me back and it was pretty bad. It never got interesting, so my $15 a month went elsewhere.

Mop was just not fun and thats from the very start. No way I was spending money per month on it after that in the hopes it would get better.

I played WOW for something like 7 years so I still keep track of it but I'm thankful I'm not spending money on it or with blizzard these days given how there games are turning out. (for me anyway Mop and D3 were quite terrible and SC2 wasn't enough of an upgrade)

So I'm happy buying other games for now.
    Last edited by quras; 2013-01-07 at 04:06 PM.

Deleted
    Yes...raiding with friends in a 25m guild without elitist douchebags. Last time I was able to do this was in TBC.

Deleted
    I still enjoy it yes. We had a christmas-break, so atm im just waiting for everyone to get back from their vacations etc so we can get going again.

Have to add that Im raiding with IRL-friends (all of them). Kinda makes my wow experience shitloads better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do my farming, my Tillers dailies, my Op Shieldwall dailies, run around exploring for all the fun gimmicky little flavor stuff they put in Pandaria (especially the lore objects!), and do scenarios if I start getting burned on dailies. Somehow, among all that I find time to RP for a few hours.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Alot of time on your hands?
    One could say that yes

yeah, sure the dailies are beginning to get repetitive but i am exalted with every single faction anyways so i just don't do the dailies since doing a full t14 lfr nets me 450 vp and a daily heroic+daily scenario gives 120 vp, on top of that i also kill between 8-9 raid bosses a week in normal mode ( haven't gotten past amber shaper on normal yet and have only killed windlord on rare occasions ) so suffice to say i don't need dailies to get capped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre Mop :

I had my Lock, hunter and DK in full LFR Gear. My plan was to level a monk after 1 of those 3 hit level 90 (likly the DK because i like my DK). I had Gold, Bags, Heirloom Gear (with Ring) with enchants ready for Mop.

Mop Launch :

Unholy became shit so i leveled as blood (slow as shit but NOTHING could kill me), Spent a ton of time mining in order to build up more gold and level Eng. Did alittle ach and told myself that if i get the polearm i would stop leveling my DK and level my monk. Guess what was my next find :P. So i bough the hierloom pants, leveled my panda and became a memeber of the horde.

Leveling was fast (i believe i had +45% EXP at all times and i used the Monk daily for the extra 100% when i knew i had the time) got to level 30 in like 2 hours, and then spent the next 3 days having a blast with pet battles. Got to max level in another 2 weeks.

Currently :

Monks are fun but need some love (coming in 5.2), leveling alts has never been so painful, my hunter is a bar from 86 and my DK is sitting at 88. My gold has never been this low (from 90k to 4....) but i am playing a shadow priest (pvp) and leveling her only in BGs and that has been a ton of fun. Pet battles are awesome and the never raid drops are fun side quests to do on a slow day, soloing raids for drops is another fun activity.

All in all i am still having fun

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that long time players are maybe just feeling a bit burnt out of WoW. Time for WoW2.....