The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

Elemental and 5.2

Few quick questions here.

1: Now that Elemental has acces to Shamanistic Rage, is Astral Shift worthless - or can they stack giving you a 70% dmg reduction?

2: With the changes to Flame Shock, what glyph would you recommend instead of the Flame Shock one, Fire Elemental perhaps? Or Shamanistic Rage?

3: Elemental Mastery, now that the CD's been reduced, how does it look when compared to Echo?

4: PE has been buffed quite a bit, how does it look when compared to EB?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

1. No, they do not stack. Also AS is on a 2min CD and SR on a 1min. Also with the buff to Stone Bulwark Totem and with that being on a 1min CD. I'd recommend taking SBT to line it up nicely with SR.

2. I'm still going with Flame shock for the time being. May change by the time heroic progression comes around.

3/4. So far Echo and EB still look very good.

Deleted
    1) I presume they stack, but, like every other damage reduction multiplicatively rather than additively, it works out as a 58% damage reduction if they stack - (100%-30%)x(100%-40%).

2) Fire Elemental glyph varies on usefulness based on fight length, shamanistic rage glyph will be useful on certain fights too, but in general it gives more free choices.

Not sure on 3/4, I would be interested to know too.

1) Will be multiplicative stacking as it was for Enhancement 5.1
    2) Fire elemental varies on the fight if its useful or not yet now that you have an open glyph spot it can be utilized without sacrificing a needed glyph. Thus doing research on which fight it outperforms in will be to your benefit.
    3) The meta gem, including one hero/lust every fight, will play into haste hard capping and making the useful up time of elemental mastery limited. From this deduction, echo will be superior especially because elemental has the highest proc rate of casters for the meta gem with 1.891. Yet the real question is, how will mastery play out over haste for priority stat weights, since they're are a lot of factors in surpassing haste cap as an elemental shaman besides negligible flame shock ticking increases.
    4) PE/EB is a hard question to answer because the stat weights differ between the two. I still prefer EB simply because of its base damage and coincides with Echo on duplications. All in all, I'd speculate Echo/EB will still be superior by a small margin, unless you RNG some serious elemental mastery timing via staying at hard capped haste (50%) without locking out another proc and allowing you to push more stats elsewhere benefiting PE over EB.