Deleted

Question [MW] Calculating Damage

I want to be able to anticipate how much my damage will increase when I get a new upgrade, at the minute I'm starting with the basics and want to calculate the range of BoK's damage.

Using the formula here, which may or may not be accurate: http://www.wowdb.com/spells/100784-blackout-kick

My character's stats are as follows, completely unbuffed;

Intellect: 17131
    Max Damage: 5106
    Min Damage: 2749
    Weapon Speed: 2.2
    Weapon SP: 7548

Calculating MinDPS and MaxDPS using the following, I am not sure if post haste weapon speed is the value I need here or not clarification would be great:

MinDPS = Min Damage/Weapon Speed
    MaxDPS = Max Damage/Weapon Speed

For attack power I am using this:

AP = [2*((((Int*1.05)+WeaponSP)-10)*1.1)]

My final formulae for BoK's damage range are these,

Min DMG = ((MinDPS*9.6)+(0.509*AP)-7)
    Max DMG = ((MaxDPS*9.6)+(0.509*AP)+7)

The problem being that the former outputs the value 40576 which is 13k off the tooltip value, and the latter outputs 50871 which is only 18 points from the tooltip value.

Can anyone confirm if either the tooltip is wrong, my math is wrong or both? It would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    May I ask what AddOns you're using? My BoK tooltip certainly does not update as MW and I can't find anything in the interface options to enable that (enhanced tooltips are enabled, though disabling that doesn't do anything to the value).

My BoK tooltip shows 12.233 - 22.531 damage at 50.115 AP, but it also does that nude with only my weapon equipped at 17.663 AP.

Though I can confirm your AP formula to be correct to the point of using 2 * [(Int * 1.05) + WeaponSP - 10], I didn't check if / how the 10% AP buff affects it since I didn't have that for testing.
    Last edited by mmoca821fe2863; 2012-12-29 at 09:30 PM.

Deleted
    You can get the formula for the damage ranges through Blackout Kick, our attack power is buffed through the 10% spellpower buff however it's uneffected by any 10% attack power increase. My tooltip also does not reflect changes in int/spell power/attack power which is leading me to believe that my calculations are correct. I'm seeing similar damage ranges through testing on the dummies with 1 armor in Theramore.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 02:15 AM ----------

Seems to be universal, I think blizzard messed up their min damage formula.