2h vs DW for PvP burst ?

As the title says, I have a question.
    I recently got in to pvp because a friend started playing and we're going to do arenas next season and now just focusing on RAF'ing up him and that I farm some gear.
    So far I'm full honor geared and now that i've saved enough conquest for the weapons it got me thinking:

Is the polearm better for burst or is it best to go DW?

Please share you'r knowledge!

10+ Year Old Account
    DW = 40% weapon damage. 2H = 40% weapon speed. DW is more damage.

So DW.

DW. You get more procs from combo breaker(mastery) and weapon enchants, trinkets etc, because every hit has a chance to proc even if it misses. Dancing steel/windsong is awesome.
    Last edited by pimpdaddy; 2012-12-27 at 06:33 AM.

Deleted
    You hit faster with Dual Wield than when your using a 2H. Considering Windwalkers at least, haven't PvP'd as a Brewmaster, we get countered easily and people always try to kite/run away from us so when you catch up to them and root etc you want to him them fast

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperbolt View Post
    Thx guys c:
    Good luck mate and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by pimpdaddy View Post
    DW. You get more procs from combo breaker(mastery)

Deleted
    DW. You get more procs from combo breaker(mastery) and weapon enchants, trinkets
    Clearly you have no idea how the new enchants and ppm works. Trinkets also have ridiculously high proc chances with long icd's which makes the weapon speed near irrelevant. Combo breaker procs have nothing to do with anything but jabs, not weapon speed.

That being said dualwielding to me feels more fluent and predictable in pvp but 2h seems to have slightly higher peaks if all the planets align.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLove View Post
    That being said dualwielding to me feels more fluent and predictable in pvp but 2h seems to have slightly higher peaks if all the planets align.
    Monk burst isn't like other classes, we have a slightly more sustained output than a bursty one. While you could go for the 2h and try to burst someone down, chances are you're just better off going for DW and doing a more constant stream of damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Monk burst isn't like other classes, we have a slightly more sustained output than a bursty one. While you could go for the 2h and try to burst someone down, chances are you're just better off going for DW and doing a more constant stream of damage.
    Which is exactly what i wrote..

edit: I only compared weapons inside the monk class, not the burst itself against other classes

Deleted
    DW. You get more procs from combo breaker(mastery) and weapon enchants, trinkets etc, because every hit has a chance to proc even if it misses. Dancing steel/windsong is awesome.

Combo breaker procs off jab, not whites. Weapon has no influence on your combo breaker procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Combo breaker procs off jab, not whites. Weapon has no influence on your combo breaker procs.
    Ok thanks for the correction. I did not know that.