Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Being mostly a PvPer, I don't raid much, but when I do dungeons or raids I sometimes change seals depending on situation~
    If I'm pulling a big group of mobs, I'll start off with SoR; then switch to SoI most of the time.
    For boss fights, it really depends on healer. If they are good, I'll keep SoT on, if they're not that good, SoI it is~

Do pally tanks ever use Seal of Righteousness?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Do pally tanks ever use Seal of Righteousness?
    Nope. Its damage sucks as well as SoT does :P

Deleted
    As every good paladin said in this thread... go with Seal of Insight. Whoever says Seal of truth is probably like the one who made the post #2. An inexperienced prot paladin player. Seal of truth does very little dmg which won't help you at all while the healing from seal of insight gives more threat sometimes(because of big healing due to vengeance increase plus 5% more healing from SoI) which is the tank's goal aside from survivability.

You should remind to that hunter you are playing with that this is MoP, not Cataclysm. Good luck and stay strong with Seal of Insight and battle healer. It's a truly amazing seal by far compared to the other 2 awful ones we have for tanking.

Use seal of truth to initiate the fight once you have stabilized threat use seal of insight.

Why would someone use the SoT with giant nerfs instead of Seal of Insight which easily contributes to 25-30 % of your total healing done (which for paladin tanks atm is very important).

SoI's heals aren't negligible, quite contrary in fact. That coupled with Glyph of BH should be mandatory for all Paladin tanks, since it frees your healer up so much stress.
    Also, don't spend your HP on EF/WoG unless it's an emergency..
    Kunglight of Fractured - EU Twisting Nether
    Current progress 12/12 NM 1/12 HC

use seal of insight the heal on single target was buffed to proc 33% more the aoe heal was removed from HOTR but considering SoT was gutted 80% for prot. basically use Insight before and after the nerf.

If the hunter continues to bitch. HoP him on the pull. Give him something to actually cry about.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-12-27 at 04:09 PM.

Taken from his chat log that you should only use SoI as an "oh sh*t" thing "like when a healer dies" is sort of not the way Battle Healer works anyway. I'd say it more closely behaves like old Healing Stream (not sure exactly how new healing stream works) in that it gives you a lot of constant, lowish power heals tossed out to the raid.

What I mean is that, if a healer dies and you pop SoI, everyone's not going to go from 20% to safe like it's a raid cooldown. It would just mean that your surviving healer could comfortably leave the raid at, say, 80% (just an example) instead of trying to top them off.

You should be able to pull 50% of a healer's worth as a Protadin, in a fairly decent environment with some actual healing to do, specially so if you stack haste

dps wise he is right. aggro wise not. even with bosses that reset aggro or spawn in the fight like Wipe-a-thon Kings, you are still fine with either.

there is no "must have" seal - adjust to the fight/setup/guild.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Just for the record, the tooltip for Seal of Truth as prot is not accurate and doesn't reflect the nerf, it will be updated in 5.2. Came as a (quite unpleasant) shock for my guild's tank when I told him.

Um...Seal of Truth was nerfed back in November and it's tooltip was updated in 5.1. There has been no further nerf to Seal of Truth so not sure where you are getting this information at. Not even the nerf to Seal of Insight needs a new tooltip.

Deleted
    OP, the tank you talked with is really bad. Use SoI at all times, pretty much. Even switching to SoT for more damage for when you're not tanking isn't worth it.

Deleted
    Since SoT was nerfed to the ground u should always use SoI and NEVER take Eternal Flame u will just lost 3 hp for shitty HoT when u can use SoTR.

Well, im raiding and in progression for the heroics raids. You should never use SoT for any reason, but, what im trying to do, is to get 5 stacks of censure on the boss, and then switch to SoI, then just refresh the dot, when my GC allow me. Sacred shield is mandatory, except for tsulong... i strongly recommend selfless healers for there. wait for the breath and BAMM, a 1.2M crit heal to the boss, nothing bad. Try with holy prism, is one of the best cd you can use, you can heal you party, like four kings, or you can damage 5 enemies while healing someone, like empress. execute is awfull on any figth, hammer is a sweet ability, i recommend it on the 4th boss of hof, and the first 4 fights of mv. elegon spheres can take 100k of damage each one from holy prism, and avenger shield destroy them like a piece of butter. i actually reforging to haste, im good right now, a lot of mitigation comes from the reduction of the gc. i hope this helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KalaK View Post
    Well, im raiding and in progression for the heroics raids. You should never use SoT for any reason, but, what im trying to do, is to get 5 stacks of censure on the boss, and then switch to SoI, then just refresh the dot, when my GC allow me.
    I feel like that would be incredibly tedious to manage. Especially if you are missing HoPo generation by using the GCDs to swap Seals

SoI (even though it got nerfed) still seems to be the top in my opinion. I think the only time I've switched to SoT was when we were first pulling Elegon and the dps check was a huge issue. That's about it though

10+ Year Old Account
    The heals are still OP so I would say keep running with that.
    SoT is pretty bad for prot pallys as you aren't really getting much dps and hence threat out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judist View Post
    I feel like that would be incredibly tedious to manage. Especially if you are missing HoPo generation by using the GCDs to swap Seals
    Incredibly tedious, extremely easy to mess up, and almost definitely a DPS loss anyway. Censure doesn't tick hard enough to be worth two GCDs every 15 seconds.

incredibly tedious yes, extremely easy to mess up, yes, dps loss... no. But Again, im just doing test, im not always do this xD

If you get 5 ticks between refreshes, you're talking about getting 5 ticks * 5 stacks * (21.4 + 1.88% SP), or 535+47%SP damage. Even Holy Wrath does 91% spellpower. So if you have to miss out on just one Holy Wrath every other refresh cycle, that alone almost completely negates any damage gained via Censure. And I'm pretty sure missing just one HW per two cycles is a very optimistic estimate.

If you can manage to do it without ever delaying or missing other abilities, my hat is off to you, but I don't think that's actually possible.