Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    She has the right to turn it down in which case things play out just as if the offer was never in place.
    Huge unsubstantiated assumption. This is why something like this is typically not legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    If it isn't illegal, it's only because Canada is a fucked up country when it comes to letting rapists walk.

- What's that? You held her cloths like a gentlemen while she fled into the woods out of fear? Well then of course you only deserve the punishment of writing a letter of apology.

- So you mean she dressed like a slut? Well of course it's reasonable that you think she consented when she said no.

- This 17 year old girl rejected a middleage foreman who refused to take no as answer? Well then of course it's entirely possible he truly believed the frightened teen consented. Even though we judges agree he lied about her saying yes, and we agree she was scared, fuck the child.
    Meh I'd rather have that than these bullshit stories where men are put in prison as a child rapist for decades because of one kid crying wolf.

And even after the kid admitting they lied years later the guy still isn't fully freed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    Yeah think im going to call bullshit on this, sounds way to far fetched.
    Oh and a maniac shooting an elementary school didn't? Shit happens in this world......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Meh I'd rather have that than these bullshit stories where men are put in prison as a child rapist for decades because of one kid crying wolf.

And even after the kid admitting they lied years later the guy still isn't fully freed.
    I don't really see it as a binary choice. It's not like you have one or the other, both scenarios are symptoms of a fucked up justice/penal system.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope with ALL my heart that this is one of those posts that is actually some form of a movie story & played off as happening IRL.

I actually feel sick to my stomach if this is real. Yes I know there are many horrible things happening in the World. Comparing other atrocities & trying to correct me that "other ppl have it worse etc" is pointless to me b/c I feel that each persons' own worst or awful experiences are their own worst hell & pain should not & cannot be compared

Back on topic; if you have an apt or way to offer her help plz do so. Ask around, ask your parents if they have a spare room they're willing to offer for a while to help her & her brother...anything but this current situation. This poor girl, my heart is breaking for her! I know you feel that this is wrong as well. You do deep down find this whole set of circumstances she is in & trying to deal with awful, I know you do.

Try whatever you can to help her get out of this. Ask around, look up Churches that have Food Pantries b/c they often will do everything possible to help ppl in such a situation, and no, you nor her have to be a Church member or anything like that. Ask other Family members if they have a spare room/basement for rent or if they know anyone else who might. Network the shit out of this to help her & her brother.

It may be the most helpful, compassionate & humanitarian thing you've ever done up to this point in your life. And it may probably be the most compassionate, sympathetic & beneficial LIFE CHANGING thing she has experienced since the loss of her parents. Do this, forget what your horrid, selfish, greedy, rapacious & destructive brother says or thinks for now.

Google "churches that help needy" in your area & call as many as you can. Ask for further references & numbers to call if they can't immediately help with housing; some just offer food/clothes. I bet anything that somewhere, if you help push this, somebody will reach out & help her & her brother.

Don't just forget her. Don't just blow this off. She needs help, her brother needs help & you know it. Be that person who goes out of his way to truly help someone in such an ugly situation.

PM me & I will help all I can <3

It seems, from what I've read, there is no action to be taken against him in Canada. Canada does not use the word rape, instead sexual assault. Consent in Canadian law is defined as, "the voluntary agreement of the complainant to engage in the sexual activity in question". While it is not illegal, it is still immoral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I don't really see it as a binary choice. It's not like you have one or the other, both scenarios are symptoms of a fucked up justice/penal system.
    Obviously both suck but I think Canada's leniency is the lesser evil.

"'It's better that 10 guilty men go free than one innocent man be wrongly convicted"

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Woah woah woah there, that sure is a lot of judgements you are hurling at people
    Only some people.

what kind of fairytale ideology do you subscribe to that would make you believe that, this woman is anymore of a victim
    The ideology where sexual exploitation of a young girl in difficult financial situations is immoral?

who where do you come off thinking you have the right to pry into everybodies situation
    Don't use words you don't understand. How did I "pry" into anything?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Man, I've got a pretty fucked up moral compass as far as those kinds of things go and even I would find this kind of shit reprehensible. Unfortunately I don't really see there being much to discuss - you either got your head on straight, or you're trolling.
    Don't be an idiot.

I'm gonna assume, with some hesitation, that you understood me correctly and aren't just lecturing me based on a badly flawed interpretation of what I said. The fact that whether or not this story is true does not have any concrete effect on us has nothing to do with morality. It's simple realism. Unless you're telling me that once you have proof this is true you're gonna fly down and rescue her, then shut the fuck up about my morality, because we both know that whether or not this is true, you're just gonna sit on your ass and talk about the ethics of it.

The stories truth is neither discernible nor impactful on anyone's life here. Even if it is true, it's not like this is an isolated case. If you're so high and mighty, get off the forums and do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    That's because in almost all cases those "stories" are in fact bullshit.

I'm pretty sure I know which incident you're talking about and he was freed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    She has the right to turn it down in which case things play out just as if the offer was never in place.
    Or so we can assume, like the others said the OP tends to lie(or rather leaves out important details) so for all we know he could have gave her an ultimatum(could have had another potential renter lined up that could pay full rent and wanted something extra out of the 60% reduction).

Regardless it would still be questionable regardless of legality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    She had the choice to decline, right? How do you know she doesn't approach sex casually? If she didn't, why would she agree to this?
    Weird reasoning here. In a realistic scenario, the guy probably wouldn't try to force sex out of the girl unless he was secure in his position of power. She doesn't want to fuck him to get lower rent? No problem, kick her ass to the curb and get a new roommate. Hell, in this particular scenario the guy could basically use her brother as collateral to ensure she comes through on her end of the deal, though we're getting into fucking Bond villain territory there.

Additionally, what does someone's approach to sex matter here? Being coerced into having sex with someone is bad for that person's sense of self-worth and self-image no matter how they view sex.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    If you knew someone had a gun and intended to shoot someone and you could stop them but choose not to, you are just as responsible by US Law to the same crime as a co-conspirator. To allow this to happen is conspiracy. It is illegal to know and not help.

No that is not the law everywhere, but it could be viewed that way i guess, but the law you describe is not as clear and or black and white as you make it seem. The OP is giving their account of what happened, but we don't actually know what is going on, we have no idea if this is a situation of one person seeing and saying one thing and it turning out to be another with some misunderstood details, even if the narative is a correct assumption, there is no criminal act all that clearly being commited.

Some say prostitution, but that has specifically to do with the solicitation and a transation for sole purpose of exchanging sex or sexual favors for financial gain. I am not a lawyer, and i gather neither are you. this idea about a gun, and someone intending to commit murder are not one in the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    You would be correct in that she's doing this 'willingly.'
    However, a person needs things. Such as good food. Clothes that don't fall apart. Maintenance. While possible that she could afford the basement and ample luxury, I can tell you (from personal experience) that costs pile up quickly. You need to pay all sorts of taxes, insurances, debts (remember; the parents just died, by accident, so chances are they weren't insured for sudden death, so the costs of burials and such is quite extensive, eating up more than they leave behind, in most cases), and she needs to take care of an eleven-year-old, meaning school-supplies, lots of food and more costs, while the child offers nothing in terms of money (depending on location).
    All in all... 60% off of the rent might have actually been necessary.

And then we're not even considering circumstances. In what circumstances do such things arise? Usually, it's the end of the month... And you need to pay the rent. But you're nearly broke; you don't have much money left, and what you've got, you need for food. So you go to the land-lord, and tell him that you've got no money. But you'll pay! Promise! Because you need that basement, there's not much chance of getting a cheaper place very quickly. You need a place to stay in order to tidy up and wash; otherwise, you'll lose your job for being homeless. You need a place for your little brother to sleep at night.

And then, the landlord think about it, and goes: 'Here's what; you can't pay, and I understand that... Things are expensive, you don't have much money... So I say; let's cut off 60% of your rent, but you're going to pay me the difference through a service. You'll have sex with me every week, and we call it quits.'
    Now; you know you're probably not going to have enough money next month, either... So you capitulate. Because you're desperate.
    Is this better or worse than living on the streets? Not defending the brother, he's still a scumbag. But still, in that situation he had every right to give her a two weeks notice, which would probably be worse for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore View Post
    It seems, from what I've read, there is no action to be taken against him in Canada. Canada does not use the word rape, instead sexual assault. Consent in Canadian law is defined as, "the voluntary agreement of the complainant to engage in the sexual activity in question". While it is not illegal, it is still immoral.
    The law is more nuanced than that. It's "voluntary agreement". When you have a landlord-tenant situation, that aspect of consent becomes coloured. The exact details depends on case law, in which case Canadian judges have been quite terrible (seriously, a convicted self admitted rapist is ordered to write a letter of apology instead of jail). But the reason this is generally illegal is because it introduce a heavy element of coercion when it is between such unequal circumstances.

More importantly, in the given story, the landlord knows she is in difficult situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Is this better or worse than living on the streets?
    Worse. Not being in control of your body is not going to do good things for your mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Or so we can assume, like the others said the OP tends to lie(or rather leaves out important details) so for all we know he could have gave her an ultimatum(could have had another potential renter lined up that could pay full rent and wanted something extra out of the 60% reduction).

Regardless it would still be questionable regardless of legality.
    Irrelevant, since even without the offer of sex he could still use this lie as an "excuse" to evict her (not that he would even need one in the first place if she can't make rent).

Edit: Or are you saying he's pretending to pass up a full renter because he'd rather have the sex arrangement? Also irrelevant as she can simply decline it and end up no worse than if he had never made the offer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    That's because in almost all cases those "stories" are in fact bullshit.

I'm pretty sure I know which incident you're talking about and he was freed.
    He might have been freed but I don't know if he was ever given compensation or taken off of the sex offenders registry.

And that was hardly an isolated incident. We had a few threads in the same month about people being falsely convicted with no real tangible evidence from a rape kit, just the word of a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Is this better or worse than living on the streets? Not defending the brother, he's still a scumbag. But still, in that situation he had every right to give her a two weeks notice, which would probably be worse for her.
    For the sake of her little brother, better.