Page 83 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    See you are acting like this is a forced option. This woman isn't a victim, quit making her out to be one.

IF, I walk up to a a girl co-worker knowing she need 5k to get her car fixed, and say: So I will pay 60% of your rent, for so many months, if you let me fuck you in the ass while my wife eats you out. That is coercion? That is an offer for prostitution.

She made a trade agreement with buyers remorse. End of story.
    Yes, that's what I'm making out of this. I'm not making her a victim, the guy just took advantage, but I don't think that makes her a victim?

I don't know but I guess it depends on the situation and how the person, that is being supposedly coerced, reacts and feels about everything, really, it depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'd say a sexual coercionist(?)?

I honestly don't see the rape here tbh............................................

No, he isn't raping her if they have sex.

I never once said that this was rape, just coercion.
    Sexual coercion is a form of rape. I don't know the word either. Just because he made a good offer, does not mean he coerced her. She could have found another pklace to live, or could have paid the original amount of rent. The Op did not state any type of threat made, or any type of negative consequence if she had said no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    That is ludicrous. So he is a rapist or a sexual coercionist because she is so susceptible to money and suggestions?
    By that crazy logic the girl doesn't have any control over what she does is a danger to herself,her brother,and everyone else.
    Cause you never know if someone proposes to pay 5000$ if she rob,harm,kills someone.Or hell 10 000$ to sell her own brother off.
    How susceptible is she really?Nobody knows.
    By this logic anyone who's young and poor should be hunted down and put away somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Since rape is the synonym of sexual coercion he countered both definitions?Why would he see the need to specifically use ''sexual coercion'',if no rape happened,no sexual coercion happened,is there any need to complicate things?
    sexual coercion is not a synonym of rape. sexual coercion is a method of rape. if sexual coercion occurred, and it led to penetrative sexual activity, that is rape.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    The laws act differently than our morals, thanfully. If the man offered her ANY benefit she would otherwise not get from having sex with him, then he is at fault and is liable for any damages, emotional and financial, she suffered. If they then had sex and he lowered her rent, then it is sexual coercion, a form of rape. Understand that if her rent was the same before sex and lower after, and she did not want sex before the offer was made, then she was pressured to enter a situation she would otherwise avoid. If she did not want to have sex and did anyway because of his offer than it is coercion.

On the other hand: If the idea were hers. Then she is liable. It would more than likely fall under prostitiution laws from that point.

I see both of your points, but the laws have been interpreted to act differently than either of you are willing to acknowledge. The truth is there is not enough information in the original post for us to draw an accurate conclusion. Simply too much is left in interpretation and assumption. This is why there are so many IF's in this post. The OP simply wasn't clear enough on all the details.
    I don't see how you can possibly think what you just type out if logical. Since she had two other options that didn't include sex, she was not coerced, or force to do anything. The landlord did not threaten her, or force any type of negative consequence if she said no.

If anything, they are both guilty of prostitution, and he is guilty of soliciting sex from his tenants.

Hobson's Choices aren't choices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'd say a sexual coercionist(?)?

I honestly don't see the rape here tbh............................................

No, he isn't raping her if they have sex.

I never once said that this was rape, just coercion.
    Sexual coercion is rape.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 08:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    sexual coercion is not a synonym of rape. sexual coercion is a method of rape. if sexual coercion occurred, and it led to penetrative sexual activity, that is rape.
    Let's say I agree with you.In our case it's a synonym since penetrative sexual activity did occur...
    Last edited by mmocba4f7a59a4; 2012-12-28 at 07:49 AM.

Sounds like a fat pos douchebag. Tell him to leave her alone and hit the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Hobson's Choices aren't choices.
    Too bad there were 3 choices. Good try.

Too bad there were 3 choices. Good try.
    Are we still assuming she had the ability to meet rent anyway and just choice to start banging her sleezeball of a land lord to save a couple bucks?

Are we still assuming she had the ability to meet rent anyway and just choice to start banging her sleezeball of a land lord to save a couple bucks?
    Even if you are just assuming she can't pay it, she could have gotten a loan, or a second job.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Let's say I agree with you.In our case it's a synonym since penetrative sexual activity did occur...
    its not a synonym because not all rapes are by means of sexual coercion.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Even if you are just assuming she can't pay it, she could have gotten a loan, or a second job.
    I hear banks love to give loans to 18 year olds with no parents. And jobs are just raining from the sky right now.

Deleted
    As far as we know,we don't assume anything,we relate to the facts the op gave.There was no mention that was she needed to take up to offer to not be evicted.
    We're not going to assume a justin bieber was a witness when he made her that offer,and neither are we going to assume she was going to be evicted.

As far as we know,we don't assume anything,we relate to the facts the op gave.There was no mention that was she needed to take up to offer to not be evicted.
    I feel as if this is being willfully obtuse. We can make logical inference.
    We're not going to assume a justin bieber was a witness when he made her that offer,and neither are we going to assume she was going to be evicted.
    This boys and girls is what is known as an appeal to ridicule.

Technically a threat is required under Canadian law for it to be considered sexual coercion. Now if you're brother has threatened eviction if she can't pay then what he is doing falls under violation of law.

Technically in if he is considered in a position of Power, Authority or trust then what he is doing is as a matter of fact illegal

From a moral standpoint it is disgusting.

http://www.ualberta.ca/dept/health/p...info/SACAN.HTM
    http://www.consented.ca/consent/cons...-canadian-law/

do the right thing mate. step in and tell your brother that he's being a douche...save that chick from more humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgemesh View Post
    The laws act differently than our morals, thanfully. If the man offered her ANY benefit she would otherwise not get from having sex with him, then he is at fault and is liable for any damages, emotional and financial, she suffered. If they then had sex and he lowered her rent, then it is sexual coercion, a form of rape. Understand that if her rent was the same before sex and lower after, and she did not want sex before the offer was made, then she was pressured to enter a situation she would otherwise avoid. If she did not want to have sex and did anyway because of his offer than it is coercion.
    [B]
    This doesn't make sense, so making an offer to good to refuse is coercion. Then I don't want to live on this planet anymore. So basically if I offer a stupid sum of money to anyone on the street to have sex with me, and the offer is "too good to be refused" then I coerced them? Doesn't seem right. That is because it has to be FORCED. With the information given, there is no forcing. No "otherwise". So with the information given, this is prostitution.

Right now, as it stands,

OP Brother : Do you want to have sex with me?
    Roommate : No.
    OP Brother : How about for 60% rent reduction, and only once a week?
    Roommate : OK! COOL!

Roommate is now sad, because she realized she is a prostitute. OF COURSE, THIS IS WITH THE INFORMATION GIVEN.

She would basically have to prove that, he gave her an "otherwise scenario".

On the other hand: If the idea were hers. Then she is liable. It would more than likely fall under prostitiution laws from that point.

I see both of your points, but the laws have been interpreted to act differently than either of you are willing to acknowledge. The truth is there is not enough information in the original post for us to draw an accurate conclusion. Simply too much is left in interpretation and assumption. This is why there are so many IF's in this post. The OP simply wasn't clear enough on all the details.
    Bold part is replied too.

Quote Originally Posted by warlocked View Post
    Technically in if he is considered in a position of Power
    In this scenario he is by being the landlord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    its not a synonym because not all rapes are by means of sexual coercion.
    Why do we care about other rapes?
    In this case you people claim there has been sexual coercion,if there has been sexual coercion,there has been rape,thus in our case rape=sexual coercion,are we done yet?