Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    This thread has lasted this long? Your brother is a scum. /thread.
    What's up with all the people commenting on how long this has gone on? Some people actually like to have philosophical discussions, taking different approaches, exchanging thoughts, and doing more than offering our initial emotional impulses.

Quote Originally Posted by aztr0 View Post
    This thread has lasted this long? Your brother is a scum. /thread.
    Hes not scum. He offered her a reduction in rent in return for sex. Its not his brothers fault this girl said yes. (Its not sex or eviction, he merely proposed a new method of payment)

I would say its a pretty sweet deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    Hes not scum. He offered her a reduction in rent in return for sex. Its not his brothers fault this girl said yes. (Its not sex or eviction, he merely proposed a new method of payment)

On a personal level. Sincerely this whole is a sweet deal because he offered he reduced rent in exchange for sex. Not her fault she said yes how about pressure it ever occur to anyone that its morally wrong to try to pressure a woman to sleep with you in exchange for something. That is almost the defined meaning behind exploiting someone you are taking advantage of them

No doubt some people interested in this because it fills some sort of pent house magazine to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post

An older man took advantage of a young woman's weak moment (so young that it's possible she's still naive about things like this). That's scum in my books.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this guy's brother considered such a horrible guy while an overwhelming majority of this forum approves of prostitution?

She agreed to it so...
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    If she would not be on the street, then that means she would be able to continue to pay rent. That means that she CAN afford it, but she'd rather have sex to be less pressed for money. I don't like to think that she took that route, so I assume she was unable to pay and would otherwise have been evicted, thus making it a true last resort on her part.

The decision to choose between those options (pay your rent or have sex for a rent reduction) is no doubt an extreme burden. But the burden of that decision is certainly less than the burden of being homeless with a little brother to care for, which is where she would be if she failed to pay her rent.

Here's the thing: he didn't introduce anything new. If she really needed extra money, prostitution was always an option. He gave her an option she already had, except with his way she only has to do it a certain amount of times, doesn't have to work a street corner, and has a reduced risk of STD (since this guy has probably not had many partners). Apparently, she was not willing to work the street, but she was willing to take his offer, which amounts to the same thing except a bit safer.

Basically, what I'm saying is that this situation is no more or less immoral than prostitution is at all. So whatever your views are on that reflects this. Women turn to the street sometimes when times get desperate. This is no different, really. She gave into the same option that some women do. Given her circumstances, I'm not going to judge her on that, but it's the same idea.
    This is no different than prostitution. Prostitution is (likely) illegal for the reason that the practice takes advantage of young women in financially difficult situations by selling their bodily autonomy. That is unethical, and so is what this brother did.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    She was paying the full rent before hand

Life insurance policy / inheritance from the parents probably ran dry

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    This is no different than prostitution. Prostitution is (likely) illegal for the reason that the practice takes advantage of young women in financially difficult situations by selling their bodily autonomy. That is unethical, and so is what this brother did.
    I see. So what you're getting it is that when given the choice to either have sex or be unable to pay your rent, she would choose sex thinking that's the best choice for her. But you, as an outside observer, (presumably) older and not under such stress, you believe that is not the best choice for her and she shouldn't have taken it. Is this correct?

I am pretty sure prostitution is illegal because it directly breeds slave trade. Not because some women decide to sell themselves, but because some guys decide to sell other women.

I am sorry you have a brother like that, that's... just low...

---------- Post added 2013-01-08 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    She agreed to it so...
    He took advantage of stressed/inexperienced girl who barely graduated high school. That's a scumbag move.

hope she find a Bf that can beat the shit out of your brother.

Nothing wrong here. My ex wife basically slept with me and lived rent free.

I can believe that the story is real (it would be nothing new, actually).
    That means you should beat the shit out of your brother.
    I am pretty sure there was something in the criminal law that forbids your brothers actions.
    BUUUUUTTTT, judging by the OP's threads, imho, he is a pretty good troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see what the big deal is here. Seems like a win/win for both people.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I can believe that the story is real (it would be nothing new, actually).
    That means you should beat the shit out of your brother.
    I am pretty sure there was something in the criminal law that forbids your brothers actions.
    BUUUUUTTTT, judging by the OP's threads, imho, he is a pretty good troll.
    Why should he? The chick could have easily said no and took the high road? I say screw it. The chick is clearly getting a hook up here and getting off cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Why should he? The chick could have easily said no and took the high road? I say screw it. The chick is clearly getting a hook up here and getting off cheap.
    There is this word called pressure.
    And, of course, she has choice.
    Kind of...

I see that people here think that if she likes it, she enjoys it. IMHO, wrong. Okay, 101% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    There is this word called pressure.
    And, of course, she has choice.
    Kind of...

I see that people here think that if she likes it, she enjoys it. IMHO, wrong. Okay, 101% wrong.
    I don't think people are saying she enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I see. So what you're getting it is that when given the choice to either have sex or be unable to pay your rent, she would choose sex thinking that's the best choice for her. But you, as an outside observer, (presumably) older and not under such stress, you believe that is not the best choice for her and she shouldn't have taken it. Is this correct?
    That is correct. I am not in such a desperate position so I am able to look at her situation from a distance. It's clear she doesn't want to have sex with this man, but feels compelled to because of her financial situation. Remember that sex is not an activity to be taken lightly. If a person has to sell it to make ends meet, that is a very serious problem. Bodily autonomy is one of the only natural rights a person has, so it shouldn't have to come down to losing your bodily autonomy to make ends meet, which is why the Law protects people from that.

I know where you're going with this, so let me stop you right there. She is not in the best position to decide what is best for herself because she is DESPERATE. Her rationality has been compromised, clearly, because a person with their free will still intact would not opt to have sex with someone they would otherwise not wish to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I am pretty sure prostitution is illegal because it directly breeds slave trade. Not because some women decide to sell themselves, but because some guys decide to sell other women.
    That is also definitely true.

That is correct. I am not in such a desperate position so I am able to look at her situation from a distance. It's clear she doesn't want to have sex with this man, but feels compelled to because of her financial situation. Remember that sex is not an activity to be taken lightly. If a person has to sell it to make ends meet, that is a very serious problem. Bodily autonomy is one of the only natural rights a person has, so it shouldn't have to come down to losing your bodily autonomy to make ends meet, which is why the Law protects people from that.

I know where you're going with this, so let me stop you right there. She is not in the best position to decide what is best for herself because she is DESPERATE. Her rationality has been compromised, clearly, because a person with their free will still intact would not opt to have sex with someone they would otherwise not wish to.
    Oh, I wasn't really going anywhere with it, I was just trying to genuinely understand your stance. If you can argue a point that she is not making a decision in her own best interest (that is, that she SHOULDN'T have picked that choice and just let herself be evicted by lack of pay), then you could very well have a valid point.

So what we have to ask is this: is she making the best decision? Should she instead pick eviction (or continue paying, but I assume she is unable)? If we can objectively say that it is better for her (and her brother) to be evicted than to have sex with this guy, then we can say that he is doing something both morally and legally wrong.

However, if we objectively say that it's better for her to have sex a few times a month rather than make herself and her brother homeless, then he is doing her a (although small and still perverted) service.