Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, it is nothing like the gay marriage argument. Stop using straw man arguments. It discounts anything you say. And how do you know seeing the game I have played for a long time being dumbed down for casuals doesn't cause me pain? If you don't have the time to put into an RPG, then don't play one.

What you want is to be able to KEEP UP with people who play more than you. You want as many purples as hardcore players in much less time, and that is bullshit. Did you do H DS? You call it easy, but also imply you only have time to use the LFR. Yes, its harder than the LFR.

You are also probably the same guy that bitches about not getting purples fast enough, then later, typing with a yawn complain about how you have "nothing to do." If you have less time to play, then you should live with getting less for less time. It was a horrible idea. You could easily hit 85, put some cheap BOE pvp gear in your bags, then just spam run HoT heroics, being a little leech on your group mates. THAT is another way it would affect me.
    Well first off, don't assume i am one of those players who does not understand this game, I have been raiding for 7-8 years. I know what I have accomplished in this game, I have been in some pretty decent guilds, and co-lead a good group of raiders into heroic content. And yes, i do agree with you, I think it is bull shit that people can put items into their bags to just get ilvl to get an entry way into HoTs, but they have made it so where people can't get around just having an item in their bags. And no, it isn't about the number of epics someone has that you should care about. It is the item level of the gear. Also i wasn't implying i am one of the people who only has time to do LFR, i have time to raid if i felt like it, but i don't because I have lost interest in this game for the most part (Don't try to turn that sentence around by saying "oh well you lost interest, and now you think you deserve purples" because you would just be a moron, like you have been in your previous comments)

And what the hell are you talking about with "straw man arguments", i was making a comparison between how gay marriage doesn't harm anyone, but people get angry over stupid shit, like you getting angry at 5man heroics with epic quality gear, even though you partake in raids with a higher item level than the 5man heroics. Also if someone isn't meeting up to your standards for a heroic, then vote kick them.

Btw, i used to be just like you. I absolutely hated the fact blizzard would let casuals have epics through 5 mans, I thought it was a cheap and fast way someone can acquire gear, meanwhile i work my ass off leading 24 people into hours of heroic bosses. But you need to step back from your self appointed throne and realize that you, and your rag tag team of raiders, aren't the only people that play this game.

Also I have ran LFR right when it was available, 11 weeks + sha and galleon kills, sha every reset and galleon if the virgins didn't kill him while i was sleeping. And i have a total of 4 epics. Everything else has been bags of gold. And that gets annoying, especially when you use a coin to only get the same piece of gear, or a bag of gold. And that is when i finally had enough of the bullshit and just stopped bothering with LFR.

Huh. So they don't give us new 5 mans, something the game is seriously lacking now (seriously, leveling in MoP with only two dungeons over and over again? Not fun), because of raid progression? So don't make them heroic only, and don't give them better gear! Simple!

Not everything new needs to be at max level or progression.

Yet we get more scenerios, that are generally worth doing once. And then never again. Makes sense...?

Honestly scenerios are a waste of resources. They could all easily have been turned into 5 man dungeons.

What gets me most though, scenerios are max level only. That boggles my mind. They rarely give loot, give a small amount of gold, no reputation, and no experience. So what's the point in them beyond the lore, which is only worth a single runthrough?

Here's an easy fix. Real easy. Would improve the game MASSIVELY. Retune all low-level dungeons as scenerios, then add in max-level heroic versions. Then no-one needs to level up as a healer or tank (which are honestly rarely needed in dungeons as it is now!), queue times are faster and we get something to do at max level.

And before you say low level dungeons help people learn how to tank and heal... Not really. Things change drastically at max level. And you need a healer just as often during a scenerio (tough luck if you don't have someone able to do off-heals)!

That crown/face mask for the 20 year workers looks absolutely amazing. You can definitely see their inspiration being the Lich King and the lead angel in diablo 3. Very nice work to whoever designed it. 10/10.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    I don't get GC's response to this one:

Why exactly is a normal epic w/o a sha touched socket intended to be rare?

Did he misunderstand the question?
    It is because that weapon has a hard mode elite version of it. That is what he meant.

Is it me, or is the Mage tier lacking the fancy 3d belt the other tiers have? I sure hope they will add one. The blue and gold version of this tier is magnificent, in my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Is it me, or is the Mage tier lacking the fancy 3d belt the other tiers have? I sure hope they will add one. The blue and gold version of this tier is magnificent, in my opinion!
    Love that set as well i might be the only one who likes the mage tier more than the druid set :x

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Didn't even notice random normals were gone.
    Removing the end-cap normal mode dungeons was fine, as GC said, nobody really did them. But they should have made more of the dungeons into leveling dungeons. For people who didn´t like to quest, they literally had to do each dungeon about 15-20 times. I believe there is only 4 of them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Because I liked the dungeons? If loot is a problem, give them bad loot. I didn't run them only because of the loot, I loved the ICC and Cataclysm/CoT 5-mans.
    I think they are just moving everything towards scenarios. It is one of the hallmarks of the WOW devs.. when they get a new technology, they abuse the crap out of it ( vehicle fights in wotlk, phasing in Cata etc). For MoP, they added the tech for scenarios and for increasing ilvls of items.. expect to see it everywhere.

I am with you on more heroics. Not sure why they couldn´t do heroics with ilvl of gear around 473 - 483. A newer player would either do the new 5-mans for most of their gear, or run the 5.0 LFR for tier sets. Players who have been doing 5.0 LFR and reps wouldn´t get many, if any upgrades, but at least we could run semi-challenging heroics for our 80 VP.

Current heroics are a joke. As a bear tank, I can almost solo all of them (with just LFR and rep gear). Already, many dps are figuring it out and are semi-afk through most of them. Almost every heroic I did this week, I had double the DPS of all of the dps ( usually like 60k for me, 30k for them). The really interesting part is the availablility of the Call-to-Arms satchels is increasing. I only queue when it is up, and it is almost always up for tanks. Another round of gear, and all the heroics will be down to about 8 mins to finish. that is not bad if you still need some of the rare mounts.

Deleted
    I would like 5 mans as long as the loot is not better than he current teir of raiding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

Current heroics are a joke. As a bear tank, I can almost solo all of them (with just LFR and rep gear). Already, many dps are figuring it out and are semi-afk through most of them. Almost every heroic I did this week, I had double the DPS of all of the dps ( usually like 60k for me, 30k for them). The really interesting part is the availablility of the Call-to-Arms satchels is increasing. I only queue when it is up, and it is almost always up for tanks. Another round of gear, and all the heroics will be down to about 8 mins to finish. that is not bad if you still need some of the rare mounts.

So let me guess...you leave your recount set to overall damage throughout the whole dungeon and pull multiple packs of trash and and act like the dps is bad or afk because they can't compete with your aoe dps. Game has changed. Blizzard wanted tank damage to be a factor. At the beginning of the expansion tanks were topping WoL on many fights because dps needed the gear to scale past vengeance. Fresh 90s probably won't beat you in overall damage, especially not on trash pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    Didn't even notice random normals were gone.
    I didn't notice until a month after release when a guildie told me about it. I'm glad they've consolidated the max-level queues.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Good thing it's only a very early datamined model. I'd be surprised if one set doesn't end up using the new belt models if all the others do.

So main content for lv90 is now officially dailies? What about actually less daily hubs and more dungeons?

Mark my words, new 5.2 dailies will give significant rewards, so that everyone would feel compelled to do them. "Dungeons were too rewarding" (according to GC), so everything worthwhile was pushed into dailies, and we won't even see new dungeons :/

Im doing heroics as holy dps sometimes just for the "challenge" (trying to beat real dpsers). My next idea is to tank as holy... with a guild group it should be no problem...

Why don't they just increase the max ilvl you can upgrade the 5.0 heroic dungeon loots to match new dungeons? That way its still worth doing old dungeons for gear and JP would stay useful.

"Too funky", that's a new one. How about "Scenarios are just easier to add than dungeons"?

Deleted
    I swear I've seen those tweets before, I think some of them are weeks old.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumidar View Post
    i thought that crown was a RING. i woulda bought one if they made it and sold it as a ring.
    My thoughts exactly. It wouldn't go with any piece of clothing i own, but I don't care. I'd still wear it. It would add true epicness to my roadrage too. "Cut me off there did you? Say hello to the Lich King!"

GC tweeted this last week, I don't get where the confusion it, it was even posted here.

New dungeons are implemented as a means for either catchup gear or for something extra to do. Dire Maul was a late release, and it offered Tribute runs for extra challenge. ZA was released and had bears for those who were pounding away at Tier 6, and Sunwell's only instance was just a means to offer more storyline. Wrath offered the Tourney AFTER Ulduar as a means to offer a little catchup gear and break the monotony of Wrath Heroics (which you could not queue for at that point). Cataclysm offered no new dungeons until the final raid, just a retooling of outdated content. From Wrath through Cata, you could get your catchup gear quickly from badges. I know this had to cause problems with their subscriptions, as people were no longer tasked with actually raiding and staying active to stay current. With the implementation of LFR (especially staggered release), a person can now have consistent access to catchup gear and content.

I think it's time everyone realizes that they are going to go with the model that worked for them and for most players - content should stay relevant for the entire expansion, requiring those with mains and alts to progress through the game like everyone else before them, and not just unsub every 3-5 months and await the next tier to come out and pound the previous tier through nerfs and spend a weekend getting the latest catchup gear in heroics. This Wrath experiment lead to the only people consistently staying engaged in the game being the high end raiders and PvPers, and that's just bad community design. Will be fun when 5.2 arrives.

well it finally happened. Blizzard catered to virtually every whim of the no life loser crowd. Good for them. I hope they stick to it. Don't give us gear in dungeons, or hell even the dungeons themselves and force people to "work" for there gear and let's see how long and how many people stay in this game. My devout and sincere hope is that they lose record number subs in record time so that they abandon this foolish model.

Quote Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
    There is no way you could possibly know that and there are no past events to back up any reasoning. We'll just have to wait and see if it works.
    Alright call me the oracle then. Most of the population will be on their mains and alts they've already geared, they'll be off doing the 5.2 lfr. The only people that will be queuing for 5.0 lfr are people new to the game/coming back, or newly created alts. That's not going to be a lot. You have all those people spread out over 7 days queuing. So any given time you're probably looking at 2 or 3 hours, maybe more before you'll get a group. When the group forms you're gonna have a lot of undergeared impatient pissed off people who more than likely put on some pvp pieces or bought some tank trinkets to gimp the system to get into it. You won't have raid geared superstars in there anymore carrying the baddies. One wipe and all those pissed off people are going to start a drop and kick fest. It will all just be toilet paper raiders, one wipe and they're done. Good chance the raid will fall apart and back to a 3 hour queue you go. How long do you think people will put up with that? They'll give up, making it even less people queuing.

This will be a learning experience for Blizzard. They'll look back on this as an example of why they can't have raid tier progression. They'll have to make some new 5 man dungeons asap and just eat crow. I'm looking forward to reading all the QQ threads though.

10+ Year Old Account
    its sad that GC doesnt even know what he is working with...

" Q: The problem is blanket silences. With the amount of burst and silences, you die before you can cast anything.
    A: Let's break that down more. Counterspell? Spell Lock? Silence? Anything else? (Source)"

how about strangulate, gag order, silencing shot...im sure im missing 1 or 2 more, but hey im not a freakin developer.