Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Rate customer support of this game

If you would have to rate customer support of SWTOR with 1 .. 10 (10 being the best), what would it be?

Since I am very unsatisfied with them I can't give them more than 2, but that is just me.

Maybe it's just my personal preferences that are affecting my judgement of this topic, but I am really curious if my opinion is reflected in this community or not. I've gotten two infractions for trying to find this on official forums, so I thought of asking here.

Have only contacted them once and got help then, albeit a couple days waiting time but they granted me a free week so; 6 - They are a bit too slow and I don't know what the deal with posting useless links is.

As for ingame tickets etc I have contacted them 6-7 times and all times I think the solution was easy to fix (restoring loot, items etc.) but only two times have they actually helped me. I wouldn't rate the ingame tickets higher than 5 based on my experience. Reason is long wait time and reluctancy to actually help you unless you post a long sad story as to why they should help.

In my experience just more than non-existent.

Worst customer service I have ever experienced with an MMO, even SOE was a million times better. Hopefully its gotten somewhat better than it was back at the end of April ( and hopefully they have gotten someone that can actually speak English)

Give them a little credit, they only have that one droid dealing with all the Customer Service issues.

Copy/pasting the same response to everyone for every issue must be hard on his motor functions. I hope EA is paying him overtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    After I quit SWTOR, I accidentally removed my authenticator app from my Iphone. I created a support ticket. However, they told me I needed to call them directly since they are unable to handle security key issues via their ticket system.I now need to call an international phone number on my cell phone (I do not have a land line), which will cost me quite some money, especially since their phone support service is rather slow, or so I've heard.

I realize that this issue is caused solely by my own stupidity, but this is something that could easily be resolved via the internet. I can send them scans of my passport, of my box + serial. Of me playing with my dog, for all I care. I've resolved issues like this for other games via the internet, I find it odd that I can't do this for SWTOR. Granted, I won't play the game anymore now that BW decided to implement the worst F2P system known to mankind, but I was planning to when F2P first went live.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Worst customer service I have ever experienced with an MMO, even SOE was a million times better. Hopefully its gotten somewhat better than it was back at the end of April ( and hopefully they have gotten someone that can actually speak English)
    I had more to deal with the SOE customer service and in my point of view I've never experienced such a bad customer service as in SWG... EQ2 was slightly better. In SWTOR, all my tickets were answerd and when I needed help I got it sooner or later though frankly all my issues didn't need to be solved immediately so I don't remember how much time they took to answer.

Deleted
    Worst customer service ever: In January I lost few purpule quality items made from one synthweaving proffesion from GTN - the auctions did not sell, but the items were not in the mail from GTN. I contacted ingame support, the GTN mail was bugged like hell, since it did not contain the item, the name of the item was also absent. The support told me that they cannot give me back the items because they cannot see the name of the items.

I contacted the email support explaining the situation - since I was a WoW player I used the "Purpule quality" to describe the item quality:

Here is what I got:

The item you also requested previously via name was not a Purple colour items stated by you ''Item - Some Defense Waistwrap, no idea which, since the email is gone. Item for lev 49, purpule quality'' In ticket XXXXXXX.

You also stated in ticket XXXXXXX and i quote ''The belt was lost on 26-th January. The belt name was either Exactitude Entropic Defense Waistwrap (superior) or Veracity Entropic Defence Waistwrap (superior)'' stating the item is a Superior (Blue con item).

Both items Entropic Defense Waistwrap & Entropic Defense Waistwrap are Green con Premium items and not Blue or Purple, Superior or Artifact as stated by you in your tickets.
    The funny thing was that in Synthweaving - you make the Premium quality(green) item, then reverse engineere it to get a Superior (blue) one, then reverse engineere the blue quality to get the Artifact (purple) one.

Their email support did not have enough knowledge about the game, for them, every item made by proffesion was the Premium Quality, even if it was colored "purple" in game.

Few emails later I got:
    After investigating your request, and previous tickets, I am sorry to say that unfortunately I have been unable to verify the reported item being lost in the in game mailing system. As such, I am unable to restore your missing item.
    But I did not give up, because frankly I was having a laugh - they told me to contact ingame support and use the funny keywords, at that time it was Juniper

During that time I have also lost an enhancment from my PvP set item. There was a bug - If you bought the PvP item, extracted the enhancement and then you put it back in, on the next relog the enhancement was removed from the item.

Another email to support explaining that I have lost an enhancement, this time however I made a slight mistake, wrong enhancement name, version 23 instead of 24. I recived the item with 23 at the end, they did not even check what I lost, they just gave me back what I wrote in the ticket.

I have received your transmission in regards to your issues with item restorations

I wish to apologise for the response you got in about your item restoration of the Entropic Defence Waistwrap. The superior items do indeed exist however at this time we are unable to restore superior items at this time.

I have also sent you the correct Enhancement which you were sent the wrong one of in your other ticket.

I am also adding 2 days for game time to your account to make up for any frustration you may have felt due to these tickets.

I will be monitoring your email personally for the next couple of weeks while I am in work, if you have any other issues please do not hesitate to contact us again.
    Apparently half of their support at that time had no idea about the game eventhough they were paid for it. One said that I have not lost anything, another gave me wrong item and third apologised admited they were wrong and gave me 2 days of game time.

It took 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    I had more to deal with the SOE customer service and in my point of view I've never experienced such a bad customer service as in SWG... EQ2 was slightly better. In SWTOR, all my tickets were answerd and when I needed help I got it sooner or later though frankly all my issues didn't need to be solved immediately so I don't remember how much time they took to answer.
    I think with SWG it was just the luck of the draw. Overall it ended up not being that bad for me because we used to have a CSR that used to come hang with us on a regular basis in the Theed Cantina. She would take care of us pretty well, even doing some things she was technically not supposed to do ( like name changing people after they got married IG). I can imagine though that definately wasn't the norm and not everyone on our server ( Tarquinas ) got the same treatment.

9. Having had to call them or contact them several times, I can say nothing short of "great" for their 2nd line. The first line is, as expected, mediocre, but that's kind of their job.

The only reason not to get a 10 is because of their policy of closing tickets if someone isn't online when they are "handled"... Forced me to make 5 tickets about one issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I think with SWG it was just the luck of the draw. Overall it ended up not being that bad for me because we used to have a CSR that used to come hang with us on a regular basis in the Theed Cantina. She would take care of us pretty well, even doing some things she was technically not supposed to do ( like name changing people after they got married IG). I can imagine though that definately wasn't the norm and not everyone on our server ( Tarquinas ) got the same treatment.
    In Eq2 there would be even some SOE devs playing in top ranked raiding guilds going for world firsts.... guess how well that turned out with the competition.

I know some people which had changed their name in SWG but for example I couldn't, tried several times, even tried the same person which had changed names before but got refused because "he can't do it" even though he could have.

1/10

I have tickets about problems in beta they have done nothing about. A year later these problems still exist. I know they should know of them but because of all the automated useless responses I don't truly know if they are smart enough to read these problems.

They lose the rest of the score because they severely limit the support of F2P and even Preferred players. Some people and I have sent numerous problems to Bioware through email just to get an automated response to call them or some BS.

I know people who have been unable to play their character for weeks because of that e-mail confirmation glitch Bioware seems to be doing nothing about. There is a work around but my friends and I had to fiddle around for quite some time to find it.

All in all, it's just terrible.

1/10 EVERY single ticket I sent it has been a bot answer or a copy/paste answer.

And anytime you do get a reply, its "Sorry cant do anything about it."

I wish you had included a negative scale. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced with a game. over 200 tickets opened concerning harrassment etc by other players and bioware does nothing doesnt even send them warnings...Ive spent hours on hold over issues with logging in or billing. Most tickets dealing with bugs get generic responses that do not address the problems and I have to resubmit until I find a non retarded CSR to respond. It's clear that they have no idea what they are doing with this game. 1/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree with everyone here, worst CS from a company I've ever dealt with. Won't go into specific stories but if being on hold for 5+ hours is your idea of fun for days on end then EA/BW will win every time.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

I use to get contacted in about 15 minutes, tops. But after 1.2 its just gotten slower and slower.
    Now I am preferred and I don't even bother reporting bugs.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

It's the worst I've ever experienced. When the game first launched they even made is unnecessarily annoying to cancel your account. Had to do a search and found out many others were complaining about the same issue. Shady practices like that just show the type of company they are. Huge turn off.

I would rate them a 2 been playing since launch made 1 ticket when I accidently bought the DPS instead of healer 2pc. Referenced the problem the way it asked and they gave me the healer legs and tank hands. When i replied to the ticket fix they said the ticket was closed and they couldn't help after that /sigh never used a ticket since.

Deleted
    Based solely on my experience: 4
    Based on having read my friend's CS replies: 2

Average: 3

Notes: Truly f'cking shocking. Pardon my French.

After I resubbed a week ago noticed 2 characters were gone. They are still gone and havent even gotten a replay saying they were looking into it. Or at least a message saying "Due to the holidays and a high volume of petitions we are taking longer than usual to help people"