Is this mail legit?

Hey guys

So I've gotten a few mails in the last couple of days of which I think they're fake and keyloggers. I've looked into a few threads but I just can't make a final judgment whether or not I'm being scammed or not...
    The mail goes as follows.
    Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal battle.net account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
    If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
    If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
    <link removed to avoid people clicking on it>

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
    Blizzard Entertainment
    battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment 2012

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To ensure our emails are not filtered into your junk folder, use your email program to set noreply@battle.net as a safe sender.

Any opinion on it? I'm calling fake but I'm so unsure...
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-12-27 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

Short answer: Not legit.

Long answer: Open a ticket ingame and ask a gm or call the blizzard support hotline.

This is right from Blizzard's site.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/phishing

"How to Identify a Phishing Email
    If you have received a suspicious email and are not sure if it was sent by Blizzard Entertainment, there are a few things to keep in mind:

Emails from Blizzard Entertainment will originate from a @blizzard.com or @battle.net address.
    Blizzard employees will never ask you for your account password.
    Correspondence from Blizzard Entertainment will always use proper spelling and grammar.
    Phishing emails will often claim that an account has been found in violation of a specific policy and will be closed if the account owner does not verify ownership. The account owner is typically asked to verify ownership by replying directly to the email and providing detailed account information (name, password, email address, CD key, etc). This is not a standard practice of Blizzard Entertainment.
    In some cases, phishing emails will ask account owners to visit a malicious website. These websites may appear identical to Battle.net. Frequently, these mirror sites will ask you to enter an account name and password to log in, a process which records the information for later use and possible compromise. If you are ever asked to visit a website linked within an email, please be extremely cautious and always double-check the destination of the hyperlink."

Deleted
    Well are you trying to sell your battle net account? They usually lock your account and then send you a mail about it.
    Not like ( its going to happen if you don't go here and here )

Yup, Blizzard employees will around to kick your front door in sometime in the early morning.

On a more serious note; no it is not legit, file it in the junk mail folder. If you have clicked the link, I would suggest running a virus scan, as well as downloading Malware Bytes Anti Malware, once you have scanned your PC and confirmed that it is clean I would change your Battlenet password and pick up an authenticator.

Pretty much ANYTHING that requires you to 'prevent' action by logging in is a phishing attempt. If you were to look at the link closely I've got a dollar against your doughnut that says you'll see the 'proper' address once or twice, and a completely bogus one that's the ACTUAL destination that has nothing to do with the official site.

Hilariously, I've gotten several of those with that wording for Runescape. A game I've never played. I just forwarded it to their scammer investigation email addy.

Deleted
    Call Blizzard and ask what's going on.
    The link directs you to the US Battle.net, so I actually thinks it's legit.

No....just...no...

It's barely in understandable english...

"You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:"
    "As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement."
    "Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account."
    "battle.net, Blizzard Entertainment 2012"

That, and they don't even include your name, or the account name.

Come on now...
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-12-27 at 09:56 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    No....just...no...

It's barely in understandable english...

"You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:"

Come on now...
    Actually, I've got e-mails from Blizzard with crappy english before.
    But yes, that makes it somewhat doubtful.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is weird line in the link they send to you "... /management/index.xml ...", as i recall, there should not be index.xml in link to your account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Fake blizz will never go "hey we cant confirm your the owner prove it to us" they will go "your not the owner banned untill proven otherwise"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JadleHF View Post
    Call Blizzard and ask what's going on.
    The link directs you to the US Battle.net, so I actually thinks it's legit.
    No. The link directs to US Battle.net because he directly copied the text from the email. If he were to hover over the link in the original email he'll notice an entirely different link all together. This is a clear phishing attempt, Blizzard will never ask you to log in and verify your account.

I've gotten emails like these (often the EXACT email you're getting) for a bunch of games. WoW, Diablo 3, Guild Wars 2 (I actually had my trial account hacked before the trial even started, which was a 3 day window), Runescape, and so on. Treat any email that starts with "Greetings!" as fake. Also, if the company is from America or any country whose people fluently speak English, then check the grammar and spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

It's fake and it's coming from a program that is able to mask its recipient address as Blizzard.

There are a few typos and grammatical errors in the e-mail, first of all. Second, Blizzard will usually never have you click an actual link -- just ask you to log into battle.net with a clearly defined address, not the one that runs on like yours. Third, usually the official Blizzard mails will come with either the official logo in the text or the body and the sending address.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    fake, Blizzard always tells you to login using a link in your bookmarks if you have one

i receive 4-5 of these mails every day on email i use for registrations

Deleted
    It doesn't look like a legit link no, so I've removed it, in case anyone here goes ahead and clicks on it anyway.