Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So we get 1 new raid.
    Nice content patches. Really. ;Ddd
    Hi

They don't want people to run dungeons, it lets people skip. If you could get higher level gear with dungeons then they won't do LFR, which is now what fills the gap. It's just coming as a surprise now because they introduced LFR at the very last tier last expansion, but now we're seeing the effects of it in this one.

Not necessarily a bad thing, less dungeon making time for them is more work towards the raid I suppose.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, sounds like we're actually going back to the TBC raid tier paradigm.

Only this time, instead of the incessant guild poaching that ensued by mid tier-5, we'll have depressingly long queue times to get into in-progress raids that are already wiping on the last boss of a run all for a bag with 28 gold in it.

In TBC, assuming your guild was cohesive enough to stick together, alts/rerolls/new members could be run through farm raids to gear up. The clears were fast, very few other players needed much of the loot, and the new guy was ready for the next tier in a couple weeks. With LFR there are no farm raids. When the experienced and geared raiders are no longer queuing for Mogu'shan Vaults, a random pool of alts will be waiting in long queues to wipe a lot and watch half the raid DE/vendor loot they already have because the MoP LFR loot system is absolute rubbish.

This system is in no way comparable to the old "catch up" vendor loot system of yesteryear. But at least the players in progression raid guilds will be happy again. No catering to the casuals here; only to the 5% of the player base who will still feel like playing WoW in a year.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Yeah, in that way the older raids won't be neglected.... gearing path will always be starting at the the first raid....
    And when the gearing path is there, there is no need for new 5m's, is there?

I hope they use the resources on exiting stuff and not only dailies.... as we will be getting more of those.
    Sorry but grinding on raid so you can eventually start grinding the next one, no thanks. Dungeons you could run as often as you wanted and always receive loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I agree. Its also ONLY PATCH 5.2. Nothing I have read implies Blizzard won't be making more, or that patch 5.2 is the last patch. People will bitch either way. If Blizzard had 5 new dungeons, 50% of the players would whine "Whaaaaat? More stuff to do? QQ", or like this situation, none in the next patch, 'Whaaat, this game sucks, there is only LFR, Scenarios, dailies, and pvp!" ..
    It's "not only" patch 5.2, it is already patch 5.2. We had 5.1 in this expansion that hardly added anything whatsoever aside from few crappy scenarios. In all honesty I don't care a bit about how long it took back in TBC to get new dungeons, it had changed since then with every proper new tier also introducing new dungeons.

5.2 is a new tier and a new arena season. These used to have new dungeons every single time in the last 4-5 years, this has changed because of scenarios, something Blizzard themselves stated to not be very popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    at this rate, the next expansion will have no dungeons.

dont get me wrong, I like MoP, but ffs, look at how many UNIQUE dungeons BC had. now look at the number of new instances in MoP (ignore the remakes)...it isnt many.
    Don't worry we will get more scenarios. I mean there's so few dungeons in MoP to begin with even counting the scenarios and now we wont even get new ones added to the pool. Why? Because scenarios are easier to code!

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Another perfect example of how Blizzard can't do anything right according to the complaining crybabies in the community...
    You are not making any sense whatsoever. But I guess even 3k achievment people are entitled to their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    And if Blizzard had included new dungeons for 5.2?

"Woah woah woah, I'm barely geared up enough on the dungeons they have included. Plus still trying to get revered with all those factions? Come on Blizzard, stop overwhelming me. I'm fragile and lost in this great big world... of Warcraft. Hold me. Please."
    Yeah, of course. Because if you don't have any real arguments you have to make stuff up. People like you are beyond disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    They don't want people to run dungeons, it lets people skip. If you could get higher level gear with dungeons then they won't do LFR, which is now what fills the gap. It's just coming as a surprise now because they introduced LFR at the very last tier last expansion, but now we're seeing the effects of it in this one.

Not necessarily a bad thing, less dungeon making time for them is more work towards the raid I suppose.
    Now people will afk or bot in battlegrounds and get the epic honor set once 5.2 hits. Because it is faster, more reliable and wont force you to run a raid for weeks before you can eventually attempt the next raid. The TBC model was a horrible one and if you started late or took some time off you might aswell not have come back because it was nigh impossible to find groups running the raids you'd have to do in order to catch up, because nobody was doing them anymore.

Deleted
    Not only I like that they're introducing new scenarios and not new dungeons, but honestly I'd love if they made scenarios give the same VPs as heroics.
    I absolutely hate AoEfest piss easy heroics, I hated them in WotLK and I hate them now. Scenarios at least are quicker, faster paced and you might actually use your toolkit a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Yes there's no new dungeon, but there will be at least 3 new LFR wings to clear through, plus it seems that LFR is now intended to be the method we use to gear up alts.

So instead of having a new dungeon every tier that gives better gear, we have access to the older tiers via LFR.

It may not work, but lets wait and see 1st, I say.
    Well the disadvantage of using LFR as gear-path is that you can run it once a week.
    So gearing alts would be very slow.... if rng is not in your favor, it could turn out to be a very bad progression path.
    Maybe vp for gear, once they aren;t current anymore?
    Maybe ligt the lockout of the older raids through lfr?

I think if it is only the older raids for gearing, it will get frustrating at some point.

They want to replace group content with dailies.

Dailies are the new end content, which is plain lame really.

Two content patches without a single dungeon, but filled with dailies...

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i guess thats why the vast majority of people speak positively about the new scenarios in 5.1 cuz they dont do them O-O
    Source?

-Personally I'd prefer they made 2 dungeons and 2 scenarios to please everyone... Some people (like myself) haven't even bothered with scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Which patch added any new dungeons in TBC? Heres a hint: 2.4, last patch adding 1 dungeons. How about 3.1? Added no new dungeons. 4.2 added no new dungeons.
    How mant lvl 70 dungeons TBC launched with?
    How many MoP?

Do you really want to start making that comparison?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, no new dungeons to help people gear up in a matter of seconds, thus keeping the older raids relevent?

...How is this bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Remember troll dungeons in 4.1? They were nice, right? Well, not when you had to grind 2 dungeons over and over to cap valors.

Same thing would happen now. You would have to grind 2-3 dungs over and over again, until you throw up. It's better that way.
    Instead you grind 10 dailies over and over and over again. Is that really better? Troll dungeons were bad because they were badly tuned and were the ONLY content for more than 4 months.

heres the thing: we NEED the 5 mans to bridge the gap. especially for people who arent raiding normal/heroic.

the DS 5-mans gave firelands level gear. that got people ready for the new raid, and alts, fairly quickly.

LFR is *completely unreliable* as a gearing source. you might run LFR for 12 weeks and end up with no loot. with 5 mans, gearing between tiers was much faster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Well the disadvantage of using LFR as gear-path is that you can run it once a week.
    So gearing alts would be very slow.... if rng is not in your favor, it could turn out to be a very bad progression path.
    Maybe vp for gear, once they aren;t current anymore?
    Maybe ligt the lockout of the older raids through lfr?

I think if it is only the older raids for gearing, it will get frustrating at some point.
    It will get immensely frustrating. DPS queues are already around 20-25 minutes around here with people begging me to queue with them as a healer so they get faster invites. With 5.2 many people will graduate from the current lfr and do the new ones. Expect the waiting time to skyrocket. I bet it's going to be fun to wait 50 minutes to 1 hour so you can join a group that's currently wiping on the last boss and do that several times so you killed all the 13 bosses.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Source?

-Personally I'd prefer they made 2 dungeons and 2 scenarios to please everyone... Some people (like myself) haven't even bothered with scenarios.
    He himself is the source, personally I don't know anyone who enjoys scenarios. Most people around here see them as pointless 3 dps dungeons that don't reward anything worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    How many MoP?

Yes they want. Because most of them have no idea what they're talking about. It's the same people with 3-5k achievment points still wearing green stuff talking about how great classic was on the official forums with their first achievment being one from cataclysm.

heres the thing: we NEED the 5 mans to bridge the gap. especially for people who arent raiding normal/heroic.

the DS 5-mans gave firelands level gear. that got people ready for the new raid, and alts, fairly quickly.

LFR is *completely unreliable* as a gearing source. you might run LFR for 12 weeks and end up with no loot. with 5 mans, gearing between tiers was much faster.
    Not just that. Waiting times for DPS are long already, with 5.2 they're going to skyrocket as most people wont be running the old lfr anymore. Now think about having to wait 5 times for 45-50 minutes or even longer and then having to do it all over again because the run you joined was already halfway through.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-12-27 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Wait, no new dungeons to help people gear up in a matter of seconds, thus keeping the older raids relevent?

...How is this bad?
    In fact this isn't bad at all... but there is one major concern in my mind at least:
    Seeing how long it takes to gear up through this tier.... I am just wondering if 5.2 hit and players are hitting 90 on an alt or even their mains, will they be able to do the new tier before the next one comes out?

Having a weekly lockout on raids, doesn't make them really great features to use for gearing for current content, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

...How is this bad?
    Really?!? You think that not introducing new content so we have to old content again and again is a good thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Q_Q
    So much ridicoulus whining.
    1. Dungoens doesnt always give the exact loot you want every time, why would you run them more than once if that was the case?
    2. 5.1 added one of the best storylines we've ever had in the game, they transformed almost an entire zone + scenarios. Yeah, hardly anything, right?
    3. Scenarios make for a better story than dungoens, and i'd love to see more.
    4. Talking down to someone with 3 k ach points and doesnt even show your own char? Mature.
    5. He's right, people like yourself will whine and cry whatever blizzard decides to do, if you dont like it, unsub. Crying on the forum wont help.

- Blizzard unveils the new 5-man dungeons for 5.2
    - New thread on MMO-C

5-man dungeons for free epics really blizzard? lolololpandaslolololgameisdying TBC was much better lololol

- Blizzard announces no 5-man dungeons and back to TBC model
    - New thread on MMO-C

lololol now they want us to do either LFR or normal groups for old content? LOLOLOLOLPANDASCUTELOLOLGAMEISDYING

People these days. Rather, people since always.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Healing in Scenarios is fine, It means you can pull alot more, Use some brain power instead of just finding something to bitch about
    How do you pull more in, for example, the arena scenario?

Scenarios are not made for healers. Nor are dailies, Blawler's guild, rares, and anything in the game except dungeons and raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    How many MoP?

TBC: 3 level 70 dungeons
    MoP: 0 level 70 dungeons

I think this man is onto something :O

That's what I don't want to see again, it fucks up progression for the expansion and makes the previos 4-5 raids worth as much as a pile of poop. By patch 4.3 Firelands was no longer needed for progressing, so what point was it to go there? The raid became obsolete and Dragon Soul was the only raid that mattered. Same thing happened in Wotlk, 3.2 hit and ToC only mattered, later 3.3 hit and ICC was the only raid. I'd like to see the progression go from raid to raid, not from raid to dungeon to raid to dungeon to raid, that's just too much of a hassle and it's just bad design since they invalidate raids in their current expansions.