Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Without catch-up dungeons, it's going to be a lot harder, if not impossible, for new players and alts to get to the point where they're of any use to raiding guilds late in the expansion. It's going to be especially difficult considering Blizzard now HAVE to balance bosses around assuming people have their legendaries.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    First you say this and then in response to Dravelar saying how much more difficult normal/heroics are you say something else:

So make up your mind. How do you define exactly right?
    Normal and LFR are not same raid right? Most ppl will never touch normal raids cause they have now seen all the content in LFR. Less than 1% of the current playerbase has finished normal mode now. Still almost every moron that has zero idea about the mechanics of the bosses have done it in LFR. And thats why LFR is bad. If something it pushes ppl away from doing it other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Why on earth do ppl need to down heroic raid bosses when they have seen all the content in LFR? Exactly - Most ppl wont bother cause its pointless content. I did it normal cause I had pretty decent guild but we were not gonna push heroics cause its pretty much like D3... same content just made slightly harder every time. In terms of RPG.... utterly worthless.
    There are few games out there without an easy, normal and hard mode in most game genres. I don't understand all the hate blizzard gets for bringing an MMO up to that standard.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    You're really funny. So, how many heroic raid bosses have you downed this tier? With that attitude I'm certain even Heroic Stone Guardians certainly wouldn't be too complicated for you, so let's see if you at least know what the mechanics are yourself.
    I don't agree that LFR is the best alternative to Raiding either, but heroic raid isn't an option for those who don't want to do it. It's kinda like PVP, you either want to or you don't, it's not going to be everyone's idea of end-game. I think raiding is something you should try, even if it's through LFR, since that's what the entire patch content revolves around.

Why on earth do ppl need to down heroic raid bosses when they have seen all the content in LFR?
    Nothing you say passed this point means anything to what you said last.

You said that LFR dumbs down mechanics and this was a bad thing. Then you said "why do people need to do heroics." You don't want a challenge but you want the "easy mode, sample platter" version of the encounter to be... challenging?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    There are few games out there without an easy, normal and hard mode in most game genres. I don't understand all the hate blizzard gets for bringing an MMO up to that standard.
    Not many MMOs do it. Cause it pushes ppl away from improving and becoming better players. And thats exactly what LFRs are doing. Leading to BLizzard making sure that every player can do it - and at the same time giving every player the entitlement that playing like crap and relying on other 24 to do the job for you gives you epix.

Don't worry, you'll get more reps to do dailies for instead.

So many apologists here. Anyway just do your dailes TS that's what this game is now.

Not many MMOs do it. Cause it pushes ppl away from improving and becoming better players. And thats exactly what LFRs are doing. Leading to BLizzard making sure that every player can do it - and at the same time giving every player the entitlement that playing like crap and relying on other 24 to do the job for you gives you epix.
    Sorry we're all allowed to experience the entire story this time around.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Nothing you say passed this point means anything to what you said last.

You said that LFR dumbs down mechanics and this was a bad thing. Then you said "why do people need to do heroics." You don't want a challenge but you want the "easy mode, sample platter" version of the encounter to be... challenging?
    When the easy mode is part of the only content than ppl will do that first. Leading to less desire to do it again ... and again... and again... The only challenge that majority of players will have for the next 4-6 months or so is to not push the unsub button. Cause yes.. they have seen all the content.

When the easy mode is part of the content than ppl will do that first. Leading to less desire to do it again ... and again... and again... The only challenge that majority of players will have for the next 4-6 months or so is to not push the unsub button. Cause yes.. they have seen all the content.
    You've got a pretty well thought out argument there. No sarcasm here.

If the content was "more difficult" at this point you would certainly see a huge loss in subscriptions. WoW currently seems to run on a "average" system of revolving subscriptions. It's working for them as a company and not so much for a portion of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I wouldn't even remotely begin to agree with that assessment. First, it was infinitely harder to complete dungeons during tbc. Secondly, dailies and the rep grind was a more direct and guaranteed option to get craftables and gear. It was also the main source of money to obtain flying mount training which was desired by everyone.
    pre TBC. There were no flying mounts to get.

Dude, are you talking about lvl 70 dailies? Cuz get out if you are. I've clearly said lvl 60. No point arguing any more.

When the easy mode is part of the only content than ppl will do that first. Leading to less desire to do it again ... and again... and again... The only challenge that majority of players will have for the next 4-6 months or so is to not push the unsub button. Cause yes.. they have seen all the content.
    Then you have described WoW from six months after its release till now.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Most players don't care about challenge anyway, because most players are far more casual than us who visit forums to talk about the game. Allowing them to play raids on Easy in no way invalidates Normal or Hard difficulty except in the minds of a few.

I don't want to be bottlenecked into 1 or 2 new dungeons. The ZG/ZA patch in Cata was okay for a week, but got ugly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    pre TBC. There were no flying mounts to get.

Dude, are you talking about lvl 70 dailies? Cuz get out if you are. I've clearly said lvl 60. No point arguing any more.
    How much more could you fail at this. You started this out by talking about grinding to get into Steamvaults. At what fucking point did Steamvaults exist in Vanilla?

You never said shit about lvl 60 dailies. I STARTED that by pointing out that dailies for TBC since that was the expansion YOU were originally posted about started at lvl 60. IT WAS YOU who had claimed in your original post that there weren't any Dailies to be had.

Keep up with your own argument or stop because you keep failing over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    I don't want to be bottlenecked into 1 or 2 new dungeons. The ZG/ZA patch in Cata was okay for a week, but got ugly quickly.
    ^^^Same with the DS patch dungeons...I'd rather the need to keep farming the past tier to pick up whatever few pieces I need than to completely invalidate the past months efforts by running the same few dungeons over and over and over again until I just wish Flanders was dead.
    "Brevity is...wit"

This is a perfect example of why humanity is such a awful thing. Each and everyone of the brain dead morons posting posts like this seem to think that the game in question, not just wow but any game they happen to be playing, was designed specifically for them to see to their every need, whim and desire. When they don't like something that is being introduced the game is destroyed, broken, the sky is falling, their parents told them to clean their room and in general the world just got destroyed.

That the millions of people playing the game have different tastes and desire and sometimes something is aimed at a another focus group then the one they them self represent is beyond bloody comprehension.

Also, for the love of some deity, stop writing tittles addressed to Blizzard when you are presenting it to everyone but them.

Great you didn't get new dungeons this tier, if nothing else of what is coming interest you, and you don't have enough to do in game then free your bleeding subscription until content you want comes out.

Yes you have a right to disagree with decisions of a company making a product you buy, you have the right to tell them about your concern. You even have the right to have a small pointless impotent hissy fit about it to random people if you so desire but keep in mind you are presenting yourself to people as a complete fucking brat. Gaining fuck all sympathy for your cause.

Please post without calling other people derogatory names.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-12-28 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    ^^^Same with the DS patch dungeons...I'd rather the need to keep farming the past tier to pick up whatever few pieces I need than to completely invalidate the past months efforts by running the same few dungeons over and over and over again until I just wish Flanders was dead.
    I've still not really seen much in the way of complaints as to why bringing back the badge system isn't an option then?
    It allows for new dungeons with drops that don't completely level the use of previous, and it allows for LFR and Previous raid content to still have a use.

Still not seeing the downside to this.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    You've got a pretty well thought out argument there. No sarcasm here.

If the content was "more difficult" at this point you would certainly see a huge loss in subscriptions. WoW currently seems to run on a "average" system of revolving subscriptions. It's working for them as a company and not so much for a portion of the players.
    No we would not. TBC had over 11 milion subs. It did not have LFR - and it did not have normals and heroics. and it did not have 10 and 25 mans doing the same content.

As a player that played ever raid content in the game - I have no interest to bother now that LFR is in. Even with 1 special heroic boss. I rather have a good solid learning and gear curve that gives players reason to improve. WOW lost that as early as WOTLK and the subs started falling soon after.