Thread: [PvP Idea]

Deleted

[PvP Idea]

Wouldn't it be cool if there were a couple of warzones in the world of warcraft. Like with each expansion in the new area 1 warzone.
    A warzone would involve:
    -Special PvP orientated quests.
    -Special PvP rewards.
    -Rough landscapes, no flying allowed! only ground mounts. Alot of escape paths, or bottleneck routes.
    -Rushable cities/hubs that can get destroyed with vehicle somewhat like wintergrasp, or stealth missions.
    -Naval combat.

and much more we can think off!

This way the pvpers are happy with pvping and the Pvers dont have to worry about getting ganked because only the warzones got this.
    Last edited by mmocb3b4825c72; 2012-12-27 at 02:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love this! I mean, I've switched to PvP recently and am now an avid PvP'er on two characters, my DK and my warrior, and I'd love a PvP area just for us to have a lot of fun in with world PvP that doesn't end.

Tziva was thinking something like this a while back, too. A neverending world PvP zone where we capture and control parts of it for buffs (like they did in Karasong) and win rewards for our side that can include vanity transmogs, PvP gear, honor, and conquest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I would love this! I mean, I've switched to PvP recently and am now an avid PvP'er on two characters, my DK and my warrior, and I'd love a PvP area just for us to have a lot of fun in with world PvP that doesn't end.

Tziva was thinking something like this a while back, too. A neverending world PvP zone where we capture and control parts of it for buffs (like they did in Karasong) and win rewards for our side that can include vanity transmogs, PvP gear, honor, and conquest.
    yea exactly, i would absolutely have a blast with this !

despite the idea being great, it will never happen.

blizzard and GC in particular has said numerous times he doesnt like pvp-only quests and siege type of zones(although they did mention Dota type of battleground far, far into the future). and atm we do more or less have "special" pvp rewards in the forms of titles, mounts, elite gear, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    despite the idea being great, it will never happen.

blizzard and GC in particular has said numerous times he doesnt like pvp-only quests and siege type of zones(although they did mention Dota type of battleground far, far into the future). and atm we do more or less have "special" pvp rewards in the forms of titles, mounts, elite gear, etc.
    Yeah I've seen them say it but one way to change their mind is to clamor (constructively), for it. The only big obstacle I can see is faction imbalances. My server (and my original server) are both heavily Alliance servers and would likely dominate and render such a system pointless. In fact, Tol Barad has become, for us, a 500 free honor gain every 2 hours since the horde can almost never capture it back (and rarely even zone in).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Yeah I've seen them say it but one way to change their mind is to clamor (constructively), for it. The only big obstacle I can see is faction imbalances. My server (and my original server) are both heavily Alliance servers and would likely dominate and render such a system pointless. In fact, Tol Barad has become, for us, a 500 free honor gain every 2 hours since the horde can almost never capture it back (and rarely even zone in).
    Can't CRZ be the solution for this, bring more ally/horde in with CRZ depending on who is in the minority?

I know nearly every PvPer would be a fan of this. I generally don't like WG/TB or world PVP, but I think it's because you either have to queue to do it or go massively out of your way.

If this warzone was somewhere you could easily access (lets say a portal from the pvp vendors), and you could go to whenever you wern't doing anything, it'd be amazing. It wouldn't give much honor though, otherwise nobody would BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by halax View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if there were a couple of warzones in the world of warcraft. Like with each expansion in the new area 1 warzone.
    A warzone would involve:
    -Special PvP orientated quests.
    -Special PvP rewards.
    -Rough landscapes, no flying allowed! only ground mounts. Alot of escape paths, or bottleneck routes.
    -Rushable cities/hubs that can get destroyed with vehicle somewhat like wintergrasp, or stealth missions.
    -Naval combat.

and much more we can think off!

This way the pvpers are happy with pvping and the Pvers dont have to worry about getting ganked because only the warzones got this.
    I love the thought of this. The only problem is servers with low or lop sided populations won't have much fun with it (<--- like mine).

world zones are a great concept. tol barad was particularly fun.

the thing is, server balance. I mean, there would need to be a good scaling system in place, I believe wintergrasp had one? but it was silly, cos it doesnt matter if you have extra hp/damage... if you have 3x the amt of enemies you still get CC'd to death.

I would love a no holds barred ravaged pvp landscape. I'd say no mounts and no pala + mount speed. hell, even 60% mounts might be a good idea, so that even movement around the map has to be somewhat tactical. (imagine wsg/ab with no mounts, each movement would count for so much more)

have 3 'factions' horde/alliance/npc. a large base which has several outposts which must be capped (majoritively) before the keep can be attempted. perhaps some AI resistane in the form of wolf riders/ram riders a la old school AV. (that scale with pvp power, so we dont have to use pve gear.) once taken, you get access to conq vendor. and some vanity bits. every hour. the NPC faction launches a counter attack and wipes out whoever is in/around the keep/outposts. (elite spawning yarr) thus resetting the map.

the only thing is again, balance. instead of a flat % dmg/hp modifier, you need to make CC less effective on those who are outmanned. so for eg.. lets say there is 20 allies and 40 horde.. you would get 20% extra damage 50% extra hp/resi and a 50% cc reduction.

just some random ideas, I have to confess my absolute dissapointment so far at MoP, and its revitalised 'war' between alliance and horde.. I want my DOTA bg too..

Population can both be a bad and a good thing here.

Example: When you have x fewer players in the battle compared to the opponent, you gain a buff (like it is allready in krasasang wilds) and a quest where you need to defend a certain structure, in which you the enemies just cant rush in (or smth like that).
    It transform into a helms deep kind of play then, and I could see myself playing it - especially if the attackers also were encouraged to hold the attack. Say they have to capture siege machines or blow a hole in the wall with running explosives or something like that.

Well, you get the picture we just have to be a bit creative.

OP: I would love such a gameplay. Im not nostalgic by any means, but something like the day long AV could be fun playing in.

Also, the one thing I want most this year (Santablizzard?) is the DOTA style bg... oh god I think it'll be awesome