Gfx upgrade 610/640/660

Hey, so while following up for a job application with best buy I noticed they had two graphics cards (aside from the 660 that I've been eye raping for a few months now) that seemed to be at a fair price.
    I'm currently running a gt220 and I've been wanting to upgrade to a 660 for awhile, unfortunately due to pricing I'm not able to pick it up right away. So here's my question, the 610 was running at about 50 bucks, and the 640 at 90. I haven't had much of a chance to do research on these (been running around a lot just now got a few moments to write this out), I'm assuming since they're later in the series that the 610 and 640 are both upgrades from the 220, does the price of the cards match the performance they'll offer me (and on that same note, the amount of upgrade I'll be seeing). Is it worth picking one up, or should I wait even longer for the 660. At this point, I'm looking for a card that's going to run wow/lol/gw2/mw3/sc2 at 60+ fps sitting at either high or ultra settings.

I'll get back when I'm done following up (have an interview soon!!) and add in some more details when I get the chance!!

Save for the 660. The 640 and 610 aren't going to get you that far. Though it's not possible to get a steady 60 FPS in either GW2 or WoW due to CPU (and software) constraints, you'll still have drastically better performance when compared to your current card.

The 610 is only good for DVD playback, the 640 is hardly good enough at all for resolutions above 720/768. Save for the GTX 660 or get an HD 7850 for ~25 dollars less.

Sweet ty!
    Out of curiosity though, what kind of improvements would I see out of either the 610 or 640.
    I figured since they're 4 generations ahead of my card that they should at least be a decent upgrade.

A three generation jump from a media center GPU is still a media center GPU. They aren't meant for gaming, and you won't get any amazing performance increase from them even in games like WoW. You'll be playing on low-medium in most games if you can get tolerable FPS at all, especially where something as demanding as GW2 is concerned.

The GT 610 would probably be something like 20-30% faster while the 640 will be about 3-4 times faster.

Deleted
    just don't use a media card for gaming applies here mostly

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    The GT 610 would probably be something like 20-30% faster while the 640 will be about 3-4 times faster.
    Will still run games slower than your fingernails grow.