Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Anyone else think Garrosh might kill Aggra?

For Thralls insubordination? I mean, Garrosh isn't gonna sit tight when he finds out Thrall liberated the Echo Isles and killed Kor'Kron. However, he can't really challenge Thrall (yet), and even if he could, that would risk dividng the orcs. But Aggra? Im not sure many in Orgrimmar even know of her.

I mean the pregnancy seemed to be a big thing, but it seems she already had the child despite there being scene or even comment made about it. It's as is Blizz wanted to pop that baby out asap. Why? Cause it makes Aggra expendable.

Blizzard likes Thrall. Fans like Thrall, but hate Go'el. As long as Aggra exist, so to will Go'el. I think Blizz wants the badass Thrall that fans like back, but still want him to have a sense of his Shamanistic and family roots, hence his child.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope not, I actually like her character.

I understand it'd give Thrall a reason to want revenge and step in to help take Garrosh down, but it'd just be so sad to have her get pregnant and have the baby and then leave the child motherless.

I don't think they'd kill her off, certainly not the child, because they don't tend to go for trageties that's both extremely cruel and done in a single action like that. The closest was Arthas' dad and that was an old man who'd already been warned he was inviting doom upon himself.

Blizzard is more the type to have a bomb dropped on Aggra's home and the child turn out to be the Chromatic Aspect and Wrathion kidnap him to raise in a secret location with a Red Dragonflight defector who then raises them to be the only thing that can tell the next Algalon to stand down and save the planet from the Titan Automated Planet Reoriginator.

That said, na, he'll probably go after Garrosh when he kills off someone more obscure Thrall respected.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Killing Aggra because she is Thrall's wife would be a dumb plot device. Killing her for openly speaking out against Garrosh and criticising him and the Kor'kron for their actions would be something profound enough to make the average Orc question their allegiance to the Warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That said, na, he'll probably go after Garrosh when he kills off someone more obscure Thrall respected.
    That actually just made me think...would Thrall step in when he finds out that Garrosh tried to kill Vol'jin? Or Anduin?

I don't know. He was great friends with Cairne and he appointed Garrosh warchief after he killed him.

It might have to be someone that Thrall not only respects, but loves...in order to motivate him to that extent. It will definitely be interesting to see what the final motivator is for him.

I think (and hope) she plays no part in the story this expansion. She's not really a part of the Horde, only attached to Thrall.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

I think the potential is there, no doubt about that, but I also think it's a bad idea. While Aggra is capable warrior/shaman in her own right, at the moment she's also a civilian. Capturing and killing civilians is technically dishonorable in the Horde's eyes. Even Garrosh has said in the past that killing civilians was dishonorable(he may have only been meaning children, I can't quite remember the line). Even kidnapping her and holding her hostage to get Thrall's allegiance would be dishonorable. But...then again....seeing where Garrosh has been going, it's possible that he will stoop to that level to get what he wants.

Aside from that, if we learned anything from when Blackmoore killed Taretha, it's that Thrall does NOT take well to people killing those he loves. He snapped after Blakmoore revealed what he'd done, and Taretha was mostly a sister figure(at least that's how I see it). I know Carine was a brother figure to Thrall, but the death was caused by Magatha, not Garrosh, and the challenge was originally made by Carine in the first place.

As for Aggra, if Garrosh does kill her, there probably won't be anything left of him except a blood-smeared crater. Garrosh is already sinking himself into a nasty pit with what he's been doing, and his attempted assassination on Vol'jin has probably left a very nasty taste in Thrall's mouth.

Deleted
    I really hope so. Aggra is personally responsible for turning Thrall into the Mary Sue he was in Cataclysm and nothing else would spark Thrall into the war than Garrosh murdering his wife. That would be fucking brilliant and I've been calling it for awhile, it may well happen as she's fulfilled her purpose by providing Thrall's offspring. She's very disposable lorewise now,

Thrall liberated the Echo Isles and killed Kor'Kron
    When did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    When did this happen?
    5.1 horde side questline

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I don't know. He was great friends with Cairne and he appointed Garrosh warchief after he killed him.
    Garrosh was already made Warchief before he was used by Magatha to kill Cairne.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    I really hope so. Aggra is personally responsible for turning Thrall into the Mary Sue he was in Cataclysm and nothing else would spark Thrall into the war than Garrosh murdering his wife. That would be fucking brilliant and I've been calling it for awhile, it may well happen as she's fulfilled her purpose by providing Thrall's offspring. She's very disposable lorewise now,
    Garrosh has done enough to make Thrall angry. Thrall's seen Garrosh's racism towards the other races of the Horde and it won't be long until it's time to unseat him. If Thrall is made Warchief again, and if Aggra is to die, it will be done by Varian to keep the "war" in Warcraft.
    Last edited by Gravemind; 2012-12-27 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    A man can only hope..

10+ Year Old Account
    One can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Capturing and killing civilians is technically dishonorable in the Horde's eyes. Even Garrosh has said in the past that killing civilians was dishonorable(he may have only been meaning children, I can't quite remember the line).
    He probably meant children as Theramore was full of non-military personnel. As was Silverwing Refuge.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Dunno maybe Garrosh has a corrupted spiritual vision where his downfall is due to aggra's own hands.

And by corrupted I mean a visionary lie brought forth by the sha.
    (even though I have no doubt if aggra were to meddle in horde affairs she wouldn't be garrosh biggest supporter)

I don't want thrall back though, his era is over and the horde needs to keep progressing until the point that the mantle of leadership is removed from Orcish hands.

Deleted
    Implies that she will not form Azerothian Charlie's Angels with Gorgonna and Zaela.

But realistically: First blizzard tried to show that Garrosh has some good qualities (making horde strong again, talking about honor at stonetalon etc. blahblah) and then doing 180 turn almost instantly and made him evil tyrant. Same thing for Varian, first he is raging nutcase and boom, surprise, now he is "wise leader". Like most players would not understand it in any other way than rubbing it in their faces. So i would not be surprised if Garrosh kills Aggra. "hngggh look he kills children and women, isn't he evul??"

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Killing Aggra because she is Thrall's wife would be a dumb plot device. Killing her for openly speaking out against Garrosh and criticising him and the Kor'kron for their actions would be something profound enough to make the average Orc question their allegiance to the Warchief.
    I could see something like that. Maybe Garrosh labels Thrall a traitor during a speech in Orgrimmar (while Thrall is still at the Echo Isles), and Aggra speaks against that.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Anyone else think Garrosh might kill Aggra?
    Yes please!!

Ahnnn I mean... Oh that would be a tragedy =/ boohoo

One can only dream. While he's at it, take Thrall and Anduin to the grave aswell.

Would be nice to see Metzen raging at his fellow writing team

I certainly hope so. And I think it's very possible, seeing as MoP's patch model embraces delicious lore content even to the level of dedicating patches for it in between raids. Quite a lot happened in 5.1, so I can imagine future patches having just as many major plot points and Aggra taking the axe in one of them is what I'm betting on.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.