Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Mind flay on the run?

Been a discussion right no on US forums, though i should make a topic here.

I mean why not?

discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    Been a discussion right no on US forums, though i should make a topic here.

I mean why not?

discuss!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ults-and-flaws

Talked about it already.

Deleted
    dosent increase our dps if we stand still and on most bosses you stand still

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares if it doesn't increase dps, it would let priests kite! I mean think about it, a priest... kiting...!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xepias View Post
    dosent increase our dps if we stand still and on most bosses you stand still
    Think about it for a second.. there is more then just pve and even so u have bosses where u have to move.

I'm out of the loop, but do spriests need the added survivability that flay on the run would give them?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I'm out of the loop, but do spriests need the added survivability that flay on the run would give them?
    Vt-cast
    MB-cast
    MF- channeld (horrible damage)

MF on the move would be a welcome change.

Mind Flay also slows the target, is that correct? So, if a Priest dots a melee, then starts running while slowing/kiting/damaging him with Mind Flay seems fair? Lets say the melee finds a way to get in melee range, then the Priest fears, roots him, dots again and kites again with mind flay..... I dont see it happening in reality. Nice to dream about it though!

I think we need something to help on high mobility fights - but not sure a moving while channeling makes sense.

I'd be more in favor of letting VT be cast while moving or maybe something like making Mind Spike an instant cast when VT is not on the target?

Either that or mobility via a CD or a major glyph like Elemental Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Mind Flay also slows the target, is that correct? So, if a Priest dots a melee, then starts running while slowing/kiting/damaging him with Mind Flay seems fair? Lets say the melee finds a way to get in melee range, then the Priest fears, roots him, dots again and kites again with mind flay..... I dont see it happening in reality. Nice to dream about it though!
    My suggestion would be similar to the current glyph of mind flay. You insert a major glyph into the game which allows you to mind flay on the run but in return it removes the "slow" feature of the spell.

Thoughts?

Deleted
    Vt-cast
    MB-cast
    MF- channeld (horrible damage)

MF on the move would be a welcome change.
    But Spriests still have many instant casts. Some are RNG though, but still.

Shadow Word: Pain = Instant
    Devouring Plague = Instant
    From Darkness comes light Mind spike proc = Instant
    Devine Insight Mind Blast proc = Instant

Making Mind flay cast while moving would make them really OP for PvP, especially because it slows people. But i guess it would be a good change for PvE players.
    Maybe make a major glyph which will make mind flay able to be cast on the move but the slow/snare will be removed. - Edit, lol i was too slow! So i guess i agree with the guy above.
    Last edited by mmoc501b35662b; 2012-12-27 at 06:27 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanito View Post

Making Mind flay cast while moving would make them really OP for PvP, especially because it slows people. But i guess it would be a good change for PvE players.
    Maybe make a major glyph which will make mind flay able to be cast on the move but the slow/snare will be removed. - Edit, lol i was too slow! So i guess i agree with the guy above.
    Yup something like that would be cool, tho the only thing u mentioned there on is Shadow word pain- dot spamming this will make u go oom, the procs are RNG< an DP is only using when u have orbs wich makes it kinda meh to mention. I dont see why it would be OP in any sense to make MF on the move OP. Maybe making VT able to cast on the move would be a better thing to do.

Deleted
    I don't think moving channels are good at all in PvP. To risk getting locked out for casting Mind Flay is just not worth it. I much rather cast a more useful spell if I am allowed to instead of Mind Flay.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanito View Post

The thing with that is, Devouring Plague may be instant, but it requires Mind Blast to be on the target and that has a cast time. Shadow Priests are also dependent on RNG for procs to make other casts instant. So, in reality, the only guaranteed instant a shadow priest has is Shadow Word: Pain
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Deleted
    Yup something like that would be cool, tho the only thing u mentioned there on is Shadow word pain- dot spamming this will make u go oom, the procs are RNG< an DP is only using when u have orbs wich makes it kinda meh to mention. I dont see why it would be OP in any sense to make MF on the move OP. Maybe making VT able to cast on the move would be a better thing to do.
    Yes i know spriest has some rng, so its not always you can cast something useful while moving, but no caster is able to move while casting without losing some dps/hps. So to make it more viable for spriest to cast while moving, it wouldn't be to OP in PvE since mind flay isn't very bursty or does to high dps, and I think a major glyph like that would be great. Spriest are also very strong in PVP atm, so If mind flay could be cast on the move and also slow the target, almost no melee could get to do anything to a spriest. So the removal og the slow would be perfect for that

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't think moving channels are good at all in PvP. To risk getting locked out for casting Mind Flay is just not worth it. I much rather cast a more useful spell if I am allowed to instead of Mind Flay.
    True, but blizzard is slowly removing blanket silences. So maybe it will become more viable to cast mind flay soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    The thing with that is, Devouring Plague may be instant, but it requires Mind Blast to be on the target and that has a cast time. Shadow Priests are also dependent on RNG for procs to make other casts instant. So, in reality, the only guaranteed instant a shadow priest has is Shadow Word: Pain
    Yes, i dont disagree. Like i said above in this post, a glyph like that would be a good change imo.
    Last edited by mmoc501b35662b; 2012-12-27 at 07:00 PM.

Even if cast on the move, there is still a facing issue. Unless you were flaying while backpedaling.

No ranged classes should be able to run and not lose DPS from it. They already have it easier than melee by being able to stand in safe spots and have more time to react when movement is needed.

I do feel for Spriests when Locks can move and DPS with the only loss being some mobility. Same with Hunters. The changes done in 5.1 were a big step in the wrong direction and complicates the balance between all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Minor correction on this... MB doesn't need to be on a target (not sure how that would even work since MB isn't a dot). You do need to cast at least one MB on something to get an orb to cast DP though. You definitely can cast MB on one target and then cast dp on a different target.

That would be one Hell of a Quality of Life Change. Or maybe make Mind Flay apply a 5 sec. Slow Debuff after the first MF Tick.
    Last edited by Scooby Dooby Doo; 2012-12-27 at 07:15 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowheals View Post
    Even if cast on the move, there is still a facing issue. Unless you were flaying while backpedaling.
    l2bind A and D to strave. fixed.