Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    The glyph of mindflay how it works right now is far from usefull IMO.
    My favourite part is how I run over a feather, but don't get a faster speed from from doing so because this has yet to fall off. Or that I'm unable to activate my worgen speed increase until after it has fallen off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isnt Penance = Mindflay to Disc spec?
    If Penance = walky, then Mindflay should also be = walky

Maybe in pve it would be fine but in pvp spriests are already OP so no.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    My favourite part is how I run over a feather, but don't get a faster speed from from doing so because this has yet to fall off. Or that I'm unable to activate my worgen speed increase until after it has fallen off.
    Make a macro for your racial:
    #showtooltip
    /cancelaura Glyph of Mind Flay
    /cast Darkflight

I have it for my Engineering boots, works like a charm. You may have to press it twice tho, not sure, since I never played any race except undead.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnaxxx View Post
    My suggestion would be similar to the current glyph of mind flay. You insert a major glyph into the game which allows you to mind flay on the run but in return it removes the "slow" feature of the spell.

Thoughts?
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Replace the current glyph to make it usable while moving. Hell they could even tack on a 10% damage reduction to it and I would still be happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

It sounds akin to when they increased the range of Mind Flay with a glyph at the expense of its slow. Sounds great, right? Even though other Classes had main nukes of proper range without a sacrifice of their other functions. This comes down to the same thing as every other time Shadow Priests and others bring out the, "You can have this if you take away this" mentality. It's moronic. You have classes and specializations with easy to apply, on the move, snares that allow them to kite - but somehow it's only a problem when a Shadow Priest can do it, when others have been able to do it for years - some of them since Vanilla WoW.

-

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we need this. We do not need this. At all. It's just, some of the justifications for why we don't need it, and some of the 'ways we can fit this in if we sacrifice ____" proposals here, and on the main forums, operate on some of the most confounding logic I've ever seen.
    Last edited by Purple; 2013-01-14 at 07:27 PM.

Just thought id log back in for the first time in months (MMochamp and WoW) and say that the only reason ive never played a shadow priest seriously is because of the MF channeling. If it was channeled but you could move while doing so id come back to wow right now and start leveling a new Spriest. I know some of you are asking do they need the better movement no but does it really had a great deal? and Regardless most pots of this website could be answer by this "Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean someone else doesn't". My vote is a minor glyph or just a change to MF if it happens keep me updated because ill rejoin as soon as it does.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. Replace the current glyph to make it usable while moving. Hell they could even tack on a 10% damage reduction to it and I would still be happy with it.
    exactly or make it so it gives u a buff afther u cast a mindflay the next one is useable on the move. So it wont be OP for whiners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Appel View Post
    exactly or make it so it gives u a buff afther u cast a mindflay the next one is useable on the move. So it wont be OP for whiners.
    So it wont be OP for whiners? Do you know how strong a channeled, ranged slow while on the move would be? No class that I'm aware of has a slow you can spam indefinately. There should be SOME trade off like the warlock talent.

How about, if you guys want a MF on the move so badly, everytime you channel mind flay while on the move, the damage is decreased by 15% stacking up to 3 times. Bam.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    So it wont be OP for whiners? Do you know how strong a channeled, ranged slow while on the move would be? No class that I'm aware of has a slow you can spam indefinately. There should be SOME trade off like the warlock talent.

How about, if you guys want a MF on the move so badly, everytime you channel mind flay while on the move, the damage is decreased by 15% stacking up to 3 times. Bam.
    how to turn a crappy spell in a even more crappy apell u named it thank you..
    obviously this is a bad suggestion but thanks for the input sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Mind Flay also slows the target, is that correct? So, if a Priest dots a melee, then starts running while slowing/kiting/damaging him with Mind Flay seems fair? Lets say the melee finds a way to get in melee range, then the Priest fears, roots him, dots again and kites again with mind flay..... I dont see it happening in reality. Nice to dream about it though!
    the current glyph takes away the movement speed reduction component of the spell and instead, adds a speed boost to the player. if they introduced the ability to channel mind flay while moving, im sure they would take away the slowing component. they could do this either by reworking the spell or the glyph.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 07:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    So it wont be OP for whiners? Do you know how strong a channeled, ranged slow while on the move would be? No class that I'm aware of has a slow you can spam indefinately.
    Concussive Shot says hello.

I do like the idea, which I've said before.

It wouldn't be OP for PVP, in fact I think it's actually worse for PVP. A channeled spell with that long cast would easily be interruptable without the normal option to just move to cancel it.

It wouldn't be OP for PVE either. It's our filler spell, similar to Lightning Bolts. As it is, spamming SW:P while moving is pretty much the same DPS. It's just a quality of life change.

Changing the glyph to make it castable while moving instead of giving a speed increase seems fitting. The removal of the slow would obviously stay the same.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2013-01-15 at 03:01 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriat View Post
    That would be one Hell of a Quality of Life Change. Or maybe make Mind Flay apply a 5 sec. Slow Debuff after the first MF Tick.
    Just read this, but i want this!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    or change glyph of mind flay to where instead of the movement speed buff, it can be cast on the move

Proposed changes are as follows.

1. Glyph that makes mind flay castable while moving but it no longer slows the target
    2. Glyph of Mind Blast changed to when you hit a target with mind blast they are dazed for 8 seconds.

I think after all the shadow priest nerfs we deserve some compensation buffs because compared to other casters spriest are the least mobile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I'm out of the loop, but do spriests need the added survivability that flay on the run would give them?
    Warlocks have a talent that allows them to cast ALL their spells while moving, we can't have 1 shitty filler?
    I wanna kill myself in fights like Lei Shen, Megaera or Tortos... have SW:I up, have to move, begin casting MB, have to move.. jesus.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I'm out of the loop, but do spriests need the added survivability that flay on the run would give them?
    Not just about the survivability for me but rather the ability to get some DPS in while getting away from that pesky melee that keeps interrupting you.