Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    SC2 is the largest name in ESports on planet earth. Its not a ghost town, far from it. You should log in. Right now, at 8:30 am on New Years Day, there are over a ten thousand games going. Thats far from a ghost town. The ignorant Blizzard hate is getting so old.
    League of Legends is the biggest name in the west, even if you know that they inflate stream viewer numbers. Dota (2) is probably the biggest on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They tried to push battle.net 2.0, something SC2 was delayed for; again, a change by Blizzard to be "bigger and better" that was a huge flop. SC2 is a better game than Brood War, they certainly took the same game and made the map editor far stronger and the gameplay far smoother. However, the way their dev team handles responding to community wants is just sad.

Live in your fantasy land where everyone who doesn't absolutely love Blizzard must be ignorant and a bandwagon jumper. If it makes you feel better about your hobby, that's fine. Just try to understand that people have legitimate complaints while you're at it. "I disagree, here's why..." would be a good start for a post, not "LOL ur all juts haters"

Remember being forced to put all your keys on the same account so if one game gets hacked they all do? Remember the original implementation of real ID that would have your actual contact info. plastered all over the internet? Let's not even go into exact detail of all the times they've massively screwed up in game updates between WoW SC2 and D3. Everyone makes mistakes, but many Blizzard fans seem to believe that they are flawless. The reason D3 pisses people off is because Blizzard IS a great company. We don't expect another game we play for a week and put away, that's not the Blizzard we know. But that's what many people got from D3.
    What's fucking dumb is that Bnet 2.0 was in every sense a step down from the original Battle.net used for a decade or more. Oh, you can use real names to communicate with friends across games and broadcast messages to all of your friends? Hey, sounds like Bnet's /f command!

This was a pattern. Hell, even the damned UI was terrible because it didn't display much useful information. In War3, you had a breakdown of your races played and success rates against other races; it gave you useful data to know where you were strong and where you were weak. Maybe your Undead is above 50% against everything but those cheating fucking Night Elves, so you know you need to practice your game against NE if you want to improve.

Bnet 2? Haha, no. Shit, you don't even see how many games you've lost below a certain point, wouldn't want people to feel like they're failing! You can access these kinds of stats through third party sources, but that's not what we want to have to do - to have Firefox opened on the other screen so we can track our stats and gain useful information.

Yeah, Blizzard today is definitely not the Blizzard of ten years ago. Not even the Blizzard of five years ago...

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Yeah that to, checked my go to forum for those kinds of informations and realized that there is already private server software for D3, don't know how perfected it is but to say it's not hacked is just silly.
    Maybe private servers will make Diablo 3 worth owning. I know BnetD servers were where all the fun was, back in the day with D2.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

"high-quality Blizzard experience" and "swing crazy-ass swords" really go well together.

@pizzashark ...

Bnet = blizzard real friend players united whatever the game they play.

Shrug if you don't see that potential in the future. You are just a poster and even a hater.

With WoW, Diablo 3, SC2, Blizzard All Stars, Titan all in one package it is not hard to see that those multi million players will jump from one new Blizzard launch to another new Blizzard relaunch.

Every time i see friends going in a game of SC2, I am greeted when playing D3, the same happens with WoW. Add in another Dota game and a new massively played MMO and you get the picture.

Welcome to the club.

---------- Post added 2013-01-03 at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Not to mention how inaccurate the statement is to being with, there is no need to hack it, the only thing that's needed is a private server and you could play it just fine, something there would be if the right people thought it be worth the effort. As for duping, there has been plenty of duping in D3, if nothing else through the account restoration process.
    The fact remains' there is NO cracked playable copy of D3 available.

In these times of internet crime and hacks that's pretty much a huge achievement.

As for the duping rumours' what a laugh.

Put it in with the session spoofing myths and cracked authenticator lying posts.

Zero proof of organised massive duping after 8 months. I don't consider a one time glitch in a progamming error to suddenly have a second drop as organised duping btw.

As for bots... WAY overrated by kids who think they look cool about posting about it.

Even now some fools talk about AH bots because ... The AH's use the same automated bidding tools as ebay.

----

Nah: D2 published in THESE times of internet copy crimes, it would have been dead 2 weeks before launch.

While in D 3 these days I have HUNDREDS of NEW Public games formed per minute 24/7. Every minute.

You know how long I have to wait for a new 4 man group in ANY of the quests ? 1 to 2 seconds tops.

And i stand by my point:

D3 is MUCH better adapted to fast internet play than ANY mmo these days. From ONE server play, to fast grouping play, to CHOICE of MP challenge, to hardcore play, to simply having not to worry to "fall behind" and not be meeted with noob yelling idiots.

You play on line and have fun: simple. Be that for 20 minutes or 2 hours: you decide the difficulty and the grouping mode.

----

D3: best game since WoW. My opinion and millions of others who play it over hundreds of hours.

You know a game is alive when you log in and play in a group in the content of your choice within 2 seconds tops.

That's all there is to know. The rest is blablabla and wishful thinking of Blizzard haters. Kids whose world is around talking trash about what IS popular, be that COD, WOW, Windows or Apples and Oranges.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-03 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The fact remains' there is NO cracked playable copy of D3 available.
    Except there is, I'd link you a video but it's more than likely against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    League of Legends is the biggest name in the west, even if you know that they inflate stream viewer numbers. Dota (2) is probably the biggest on Earth.
    Prizes in 2012: SC2 ~6.5 mils (~650 tounaments), LoL ~4 mils (~75 tournaments), DotA 2 ~ 3.5 mils (~ 60 tournaments)
    Prize money from devs: Blizzard ~250.000, LoL ~ 2 mil, DotA 2 ~ 1.5 mil
    That means SC2 got more money from sponsors than LoL and DotA combined and 4 times more tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    @pizzashark ...

You must be new.

Battle.net had a friends feature which allowed communication between games, and it didn't require real names or anything - you add them to your friends list, and if they added you to theirs, you're "mutual friends," and can see what game they're playing, if they're in a chat room, the name of the game they're in, everything except passwords to private games and private channels.

Battle.net 2.0 has added literally nothing that the previous version didn't have already, but it has taken away several things... which are slowly being put back into the framework due to customers demanding them.

Quote Originally Posted by abijax View Post
    Prizes in 2012: SC2 ~6.5 mils (~650 tounaments), LoL ~4 mils (~75 tournaments), DotA 2 ~ 3.5 mils (~ 60 tournaments)
    Prize money from devs: Blizzard ~250.000, LoL ~ 2 mil, DotA 2 ~ 1.5 mil
    That means SC2 got more money from sponsors than LoL and DotA combined and 4 times more tournaments.
    Look at streamer viewer counts. Even if you know that Riot Games inflates stream numbers to make themselves look better, they still beat SC2, even in Korea. There have been roughly four BILLION games of War3 Dota played in China in 2012 alone, and that's only for one client (Garena, IIRC.) There are four clients used, which means that four billion number is a lot lower than the actual number.

League is larger than SC2 and it doesn't come anywhere near those numbers.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Shrug if you don't see that potential in the future. You are just a poster and even a hater.

With WoW, Diablo 3, SC2, Blizzard All Stars, Titan all in one package it is not hard to see that those multi million players will jump from one new Blizzard launch to another new Blizzard relaunch.

Every time i see friends going in a game of SC2, I am greeted when playing D3, the same happens with WoW. Add in another Dota game and a new massively played MMO and you get the picture.

Welcome to the club.
    Whatever Blizzard game they play ... the potential of that is that in the few games that Blizzard maintains you will be 'united' with your friends. There is plenthora of other clients that do the same without the restriction of Blizz only games. What exactly is special about the Blizz version I don't see it.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Look at streamer viewer counts. Even if you know that Riot Games inflates stream numbers to make themselves look better, they still beat SC2, even in Korea. There have been roughly four BILLION games of War3 Dota played in China in 2012 alone, and that's only for one client (Garena, IIRC.) There are four clients used, which means that four billion number is a lot lower than the actual number.

League is larger than SC2 and it doesn't come anywhere near those numbers.
    Discussion wasn't about the more popular game but the "better" esport. LoL is more popular, no discussion there. But so is WoW yet not even Blizzard believes it would be a better competitive game.
    Atm sponsors are throwing most money at SC2 even though both Riot and Valve are investing a lot to establish LoL/DotA.

Discussion wasn't about the more popular game but the "better" esport. LoL is more popular, no discussion there. But so is WoW yet not even Blizzard believes it would be a better competitive game.
    Atm sponsors are throwing most money at SC2 even though both Riot and Valve are investing a lot to establish LoL/DotA.
    This wont last and I'm not even sure it's true anymore to be honest. You can make millions winning a league tournament. Winning an sc2 tournament isn't even close. Destiny had a really good post about this

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/to...3650563?page=1

The simple fact is that unlike league and eventually dota 2, sc2 is stagnating. Viewership and participation is not growing. I love watching them play but I recognize it is very much an acquired taste and the game itself simple isn't as accessible as league. In essence the success of sc:bw was based on FASTEST MAP NR 20 MINUTE games and the custom map community all together. It drew people in. Now 25% korea is playing LoL and sc2 doesn't even make the top ten. Hell DIABLO 3 made the top 10 in korea...
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-03 at 03:25 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    This wont last and I'm not even sure it's true anymore to be honest. You can make millions winning a league tournament. Winning an sc2 tournament isn't even close. Destiny had a really good post about this

The simple fact is that unlike league and eventually dota 2, sc2 is stagnating. Viewership and participation is now growing. I love watching them play but I recognize it is very much an acquired taste and the game itself simple isn't as accessible as league. In essence the success of sw:bw was based on FASTEST MAP NR 20 MINUTE games and the custom map community all together. It drew people in. Now 25% korea is playing LoL and sc2 doesn't even make the top ten. Hell DIABLO 3 made the top 10 in korea...
    Dayum that's from destiny no wonder the guy switched up to LoL haha; I still want him to go back to SC II hes always entertaining.

Nobody was discussing the future, atm SC2 is the most developed esport.
    Btw, do you even realize Destiny actually suggests ruining the game to make it appeal to a larger audience?

Nobody was discussing the future, atm SC2 is the most developed esport.
    Btw, do you even realize Destiny actually suggests ruining the game to make it appeal to a larger audience?
    But it's not. League is vastly more developed. League tournaments are all over the place and the payout is better. Sc2 has a following but it's becoming niche. It's like comparing the NFL to Golf. Yea Golf has it's following but League and the NFL out pace it by miles.

I don't think that's what hes suggesting and to be honest if you played sc1 and bw you'd know better. Ruining a game by making it more appealing to the majority of players, most of whom never touch a ladder match is funny. Blizzard RUINED the game when they put so much emphasis on league and competitive play in general. I grew up playing custom sc maps. NR 20 minutes FMP hacked maps are what people are after. It's what people played. To say nothing of the social aspect of the game which has been butchered as well. The competitive scene will only show growth (as it's been doing in league and my hope will do in dota 2 as well) if the casual scene is really encouraging and welcoming. Starcraft 2 doesn't offer those players much after the campaign is finished.

Sc2 is doing fine , league is doing fine, no point in bickering over which one you like better or which one is more popular. Just watch / play what you enjoy and leave it at that. Neither of them are going anywhere.

Yea Bnet .20 is shit and takes away a lot of the control that players had over custom game creation ect. but people have been pointing out that obvious fact ever since sc2 came out, Destiny didn't introduce any new talking points to the conversation he just threw a temper tantrum about some petty shit and tried to burn as many bridges down as he could on his way out over to League. It shouldn't surprises anyone that a person who makes his living from his stream viewers would start trashing a game they were going to quit playing while at the same time hyping up w/e game they were going to switch to.

His interests are self serving just like every other human on the face of the earth.
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-01-03 at 06:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *SNIP*
    Does anyone else just miss the days when we played games to have fun on our own or with some friends and not to try and become a competitive celebrity? As cool as it is to watch all this stuff, I miss when playing an RTS was because you enjoyed strategy and a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Does anyone else just miss the days when we played games to have fun on our own or with some friends and not to try and become a competitive celebrity? As cool as it is to watch all this stuff, I miss when playing an RTS was because you enjoyed strategy and a good story.
    Even in Diablo it managed to happen. Kripparian and Athene managed to turn it into a race somehow. It was amusing but altogether kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

A lot of people play games for exactly that reason (fun), not sure why you are talking about it as if it is now some lost mystery.

That's beside the fact that a LOT of people find enjoyment IN the competition. Depending on the game or genre more power to them. When I play an RTS myself (sc2 for instance) half the fun I get is from the competition against other players of similar skill on ladder. I get a more casual experience with the 2v2 3v3 / custom games ect. Depends on what I feel like playing at the time (ATM it happens to be Gnomoria)
    Last edited by Lomak; 2013-01-03 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say SC2 has the potential to be the best eSport in terms of skill demands on the player and variety of skills required by the player, but because Blizzard apparently just doesn't give a flying fuck about the game, it's not the best.

The best would currently be Dota 2. LoL is bigger right now (outside of China, anyway), but Dota 2 is a much more complex game and I expect it will only continue to grow once it's "officially" released. The production values for The International are insane, even DreamHack looks like kiddie shit next to it.

But it's not. League is vastly more developed. League tournaments are all over the place and the payout is better. Sc2 has a following but it's becoming niche. It's like comparing the NFL to Golf. Yea Golf has it's following but League and the NFL out pace it by miles.
    You're confusing LoL scene with the big tournament sponsored by RIOT. It's not raining million $$$ tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isnt a single ESport that rewards as much as SC2. SC2 is the biggest name in ESports, period. Money talks.

I will agree with some that DOTA2 might take the crown once released officially. DOTA2 has a lot big plans for tournament play and they have almost the same amount of sponsors that Blizzard has. In the end it will be DOTA2 n SC2. But you cant count out Blizzard All Stars yet, we have NO IDEA how good or bad that game will be, plus with the Blizzard banner behind it, it could be the next DOTA.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-01-03 at 07:41 PM.

You're confusing LoL scene with the big tournament sponsored by RIOT. It's not raining million $$$ tournaments.
    It isn't for Blizzard and Starcraft. It is however for League. 2 million for one tournament. League is bigger, more established, more profitable, growing faster and just downright more popular than sc2. Sc2 competitive scene is in stagnation and isn't going anywhere. Now I don't particularly like League all that much either but I'm also not stupid enough to think Sc2 has a bigger scene and is more "established". It's not. League has outpaced it and my sincere hope is that dota 2 does as well.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-01-03 at 07:40 PM.