Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Oddly enough when several months ago when some forum posters here tried to use XFIRE as proof the d3 was tanking, benbos fought to hell and back to prove xfire was a bad measure. It's just not worth replying to him. Much better to put him on ignore, and talk about him as if he isn't there. As if one was dealing with a small child. It's best not to give them attention.
    That's because a game activity in its first weeks launch can not be compared to long term playing.
    :-)

That's why the present day IN GAME stats show a 650+ new grouping vs the 1800+ new grouping at launch (in fact after the system was introduced).

Got that ?: a dude playing 10 hours a day at launch and falling back to playing the game for 3 hours a day after 8 months, that's a whopping 70% "activity loss".

So the IN game figures confirm exactly what those Raptr and Xfire stats already prove: an activity drops over time to stabalise after X time (mostly around 4 to 6 months).

The interesting part is that these CONCURRENT figures of NEW groups being formed are holding quite steady over the last months: at 35+% of the figures when the game was still in its launching period (+/- 6 weeks).

This is awesome since D3 is not even an MMORPG you MUST keep playing to stay "attuned" to the latest content (as in WOW or other MMO's).

So glad to have helped proving this game has a 35% activity retention ... with IN game concurrent figures even.

---

ANYONE even remotely being objective about this trend can only confirm that MASSES of players must stil hang around, whether you like that is a complete other matter of course

---

And of course you want my posts to be ignored, as they PROVE in game stats and so your "Blizzard hate" preaching is no longer unopposed.

So silly to talk about "failing Blizzard" when SC2, MOP, D3 are unique multi million sellers with masses of people liking them.

Last edited by BenBos; 2013-01-16 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The above mentioned total sales of Half Life 2 are irrelevant as it was obtained through

- the basic box AND 3 seperately sold expansion packs : Episode 1 - Episode 2 - Episode 3 ...

- and all these seperate sold games over 8(!) years ... combined were not into the discussion with you above.
    Yet it's a PC game that sold 12 million, without confirming I'm still quite sure that's without any "expansion packs"

Diablo3 sold 10 million in 6 weeks and is still gathering sales on a monthly basis without an expansion pack in sight.
    Wasn't it 12 million a while ago, make up your mind. Besides you asked for PC games that sold more, I gave you some.

The same applies for SC2 with 6 million sales without seperately sold expansions ...
    Totally irrelevant, although if it's only 6 million to beat the list grows on my end.

We will leave the Sims with multi cross platforms and a zillion expansions out of the discussion.
    No we won't, it sold more, reasons why is irrelevant.

So OR you are ignorant OR simply trolling a perfectly good analysis about how BIG these Blizzard successes are to counter Mr "I hate Blizzard" guy above.

Apparently he is your partner in hate. Just pointed out that these Blizzard games are HUGE success sales AND being played massively for months or years after publication, unseen in this PC industry.
    No I see you rambling on about unsupported "facts" and corrected you on your own request for a PC game that sold as much.

I said PC games only and without seperate sold expansions and you earlier said: they are... You were not even close.

So the next time: do not cut and paste half lines in perfectly built up posts.
    They are PC games and expansions are irrelevant as the numbers I gave you are the sales of the actual game.

I cut and past as much as I please, and don't flatter your self thinking your posts are "perfectly built".

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where can we petition the forum rules be updated to prevent completely mad, raving lunatics from posting nonsense and fake 'facts' to support their fringe beliefs that no one else out the millions of users on this site support? Is there a link to that? I would like one.

I like Blizzard but some of this stuff makes me throw up in my mouth a little. It's like watching that video where the guy cries about leaving Britney Spears alone. It's on the one hand interesting at first, but rapidly progresses into a much too intimate unravelling of a human being to where it makes you feel uncomfortable.

It's one thing to think they lied to you, that it isn't complete, or that you love the game and everything about it...but to create an alternate reality with falsified information is overboard. Xfire isn't accurate, anecdotal evidence isn't accurate, and these forums are certainly not accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Where can we petition the forum rules be updated to prevent completely mad, raving lunatics from posting nonsense and fake 'facts' to support their fringe beliefs that no one else out the millions of users on this site support? Is there a link to that? I would like one.

I like Blizzard but some of this stuff makes me throw up in my mouth a little. It's like watching that video where the guy cries about leaving Britney Spears alone. It's on the one hand interesting at first, but rapidly progresses into a much too intimate unravelling of a human being to where it makes you feel uncomfortable.

It's one thing to think they lied to you, that it isn't complete, or that you love the game and everything about it...but to create an alternate reality with falsified information is overboard. Xfire isn't accurate, anecdotal evidence isn't accurate, and these forums are certainly not accurate.
    Nothing more to add here. You said it best.

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed, but one thing that is a fact is that for the past 2 weeks, the public game numbers have been increasing. Last night we had 890 games going at 9pm central. Thats more public games than D3 has seen in a long time. I would assume that there are far more private games, according to Blizzards own statements.

So the doomsday scenario of Blizzard being a heap of shit and D3 being an abysmal failure is off the table. On that same token, if D3 was the smash hit success that it was supposed to be, there would be 100,000 public games going a night. So the haters and the fan boys are wrong.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2013-01-17 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Agreed, but one thing that is a fact is that for the past 2 weeks, the public game numbers have been increasing. Last night we had 890 games going at 9pm central. Thats more public games than D3 has seen in a long time. I would assume that there are far more private games, according to Blizzards own statements.

So the doomsday scenario of Blizzard being a heap of shit and D3 being an abysmal failure is off the table. On that same token, if D3 was the smash hit success that it was supposed to be, there would be 100,000 public games going a night. So the haters and the fan boys are wrong.
    Even if it's 2000 games it's still fairly mediocre, 2000 game with 2 players on average is still only 4000 players. The whole public games thing highlights another issues with D3 over D2 as well, the lack of player created once and lack of social grouping tools, they force always online but give very few tools for community building.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I can certainly agree to that. But speaking from my personal experience, I'm someone who really doesn't have a problem with the game. I got it through the AP (that I do have a problem with, since it's like the knew Cata was a piece of shit), but I can pull out the box cost from that time to say that I still 'paid' for the game.

So I enjoy the game, like the changes they keep making to the game, but I don't play the game. I'll come back for a week when a patch hits, then promptly resume my other games. It could be that the genre doesn't keep me around as much as others, but something from this game is certainly not as good as it should be or I would want to play it more.

If you can't convince people who generally like the game to keep playing it, then it's not as good as it should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Even if it's 2000 games it's still fairly mediocre, 2000 game with 2 players on average is still only 4000 players. The whole public games thing highlights another issues with D3 over D2 as well, the lack of player created once and lack of social grouping tools, they force always online but give very few tools for community building.
    Then your experience is very different from mine.

I can join my friends game in a snap.
    And joining public games populated my friends list like crazy in the first few weeks, and I played frequently with some people I liked playing with.
    Also since your friends list is linked over Bnet it was very easy to get in touch with wow friends.

Admittedly I haven't played I some time, and last time I played there were very few left. But that's got more to do with the game than community building.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Then your experience is very different from mine.

I can join my friends game in a snap.
    And joining public games populated my friends list like crazy in the first few weeks, and I played frequently with some people I liked playing with.
    Also since your friends list is linked over Bnet it was very easy to get in touch with wow friends.

Admittedly I haven't played I some time, and last time I played there were very few left. But that's got more to do with the game than community building.
    I was more talking about Diablo 3 centric community development, Bnet cross game friends is fine and all but the lack of player created games and guild/clan feature makes D3 lacking, especially as you can't even make player created chat channels to overcome the games shortcomings.

Not to mention the lack of ability to sort and remove the ingame "friends" list, if I wanted tons of random "recent players" on the list I'd more than likely add them to my actual friends list. As it is now that list is more annoying than helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was more talking about Diablo 3 centric community development, Bnet cross game friends is fine and all but the lack of player created games and guild/clan feature makes D3 lacking, especially as you can't even make player created chat channels to overcome the games shortcomings.

Not to mention the lack of ability to sort and remove the ingame "friends" list, if I wanted tons of random "recent players" on the list I'd more than likely add them to my actual friends list. As it is now that list is more annoying than helpful.
    Adding MP to public games is a good start, but you're right that there won't be any kind of encompassing cohesive community. There really isn't enough to the game right now for that though. I can kinda envision a D3 that would bring that possibility to the table, but I don't see it happening before an expansion.

I think there are a lot of concepts that would work well in a clan setting, whether it is Clan Vs Clan PvP, 'challenge' modes like WoW just added, just any activity that presents a little competition would bring that community aspect. If they ever decided to do a Battle.net premium service, all of their games would have to include features like this.

Maybe that's where we're headed? I don't know if that's a good thing though.

It's important to remember that something being popular doesn't mean it's good. CoD is very very popular because it's a fun game.. but is it good? I don't know. It hasn't done anything new in the past 4+ installments.

D3 was a step in the wrong direction. People still play it, but that doesn't mean it's good. I mean, come on. People do heroin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    People still play it, but that doesn't mean it's good. I mean, come on. People do heroin.
    Don't mistake being 'good' as being 'good for you'. D3 isn't exactly the latter.

Adding MP to public games is a good start, but you're right that there won't be any kind of encompassing cohesive community. There really isn't enough to the game right now for that though. I can kinda envision a D3 that would bring that possibility to the table, but I don't see it happening before an expansion.

I think there are a lot of concepts that would work well in a clan setting, whether it is Clan Vs Clan PvP, 'challenge' modes like WoW just added, just any activity that presents a little competition would bring that community aspect. If they ever decided to do a Battle.net premium service, all of their games would have to include features like this.

Maybe that's where we're headed? I don't know if that's a good thing though.
    Would have taken very little effort from them making a guild system with a guild chat, it's not perfect but it would have helped create some sense of community early on, now I'd say it's to late for it to be overly useful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have taken very little effort from them making a guild system with a guild chat, it's not perfect but it would have helped create some sense of community early on, now I'd say it's to late for it to be overly useful.
    Definitely agree. I'm not sure they were aiming for that. I mean they clearly weren't since we don't have anything resembling it really. I think the RMAH impacted this game's development and rush to release more than we know. The game is what it is to me, but it could have been much better.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Bnet cross game friends is fine and all but the lack of player created games.
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    What do you mean?
    The lack of ability for a player to create a game, name it as he wants and as such indicate the purpose of the group play.

900 games is down from the 3000+ that was around at launch. An abysmal failure. Christ even the developer said it himself.

The Diablo community deserves an even better game from Blizzard and we are committed to improving it
    At least pardo is honest and not Bashiok telling me I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    900 games is down from the 3000+ that was around at launch. An abysmal failure. Christ even the developer said it himself.
    If it was just 3k to 900 drop I don't think you can call that failure. But honestly PoE OB starts in a few days, so there is no reason to keep hating on D3. You can experience yourself what plays better, D2 sequel or D3.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    If it was just 3k to 900 drop I don't think you can call that failure. But honestly PoE OB starts in a few days, so there is no reason to keep hating on D3. You can experience yourself what plays better, D2 sequel or D3.
    Yea but you'll never have a good enough measure. Or one that will satisfy every arbitrary criteria for discussion. Since we can't actually know the numbers, except for something like public game figures we have to try and intuit the success of the game. Or simple be relegated to a discussion that hey the game sucks for us and that's it. Now I would love to have the later but the reality is the nature of forum conversation is such that people will simple not do that. It's not just Blizzard that suffers from this, pretty much all game developers of any note do.

If your criteria was games sold then the game was a massive success. Of course reasonable sorts will ask for more than just the number sold. I'd love to know how many players are actually still playing or how many more players have bought the game since launch. I guess ultimately it doesn't matter though. Pardo made a statement on the Jay Wilson leaving thread on the official forums and to be honest it's a mixed feeling. It leads one to believe they will keep supporting this game based on player feedback but in the very same post it's quite apparent that they think d3 is the shit and approve of the direction the game has gone in. God i'd love to be a fly on the wall...

Deleted
    The lack of ability for a player to create a game, name it as he wants and as such indicate the purpose of the group play.
    So not being able to call your game "Prancing through Pony Land" detracts from the experience?
    Or do you want something more, like a lobby? I could understand a lobby.