Thread: GC on Powershot

GC on Powershot

Q: why did you guys remove cataclysm warlock spell since its a good utility, not OP and on top its a dps loss...just curious
    GC: It wasn't actually good utility. Melee just stepped away from it until the effect ended. Maybe useful in PvE, but wasn't the goal.

So, Powershot can be avoided by not only melee, but ranged as well by moving 1 step away and unlike Cataclysm, it actually has a 3 sec cast time that can't be used on the move. I personally love this ability for PVP, since it provides amazing burst even if it requires a root/CC to make it land and is buggy as hell (uneven terrain issues making it not even work on a stationary target). I just don't understand how he can justify removal/reworking of an ability for one class while thinking it's fun for other and in hunter's case, it's all 3 lvl 90 talents that can be avoided.

That warlock spell has nothing to do with Powershot. Nobody knows why they tried to implement that ability for warlocks. They thought it was cool but then found out it had no real use. Powershot is just bugged and it seems that they are very, very slow to realize it.

Powershot, when it comes down to it, is great damage and a random knockback. Great burst damage is useful. The warlock spell Cataclysm was not useful at all. They just need to fix Powershot so that it actually hits the main target 100% of the time like every other targeted ability in the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    That warlock spell has nothing to do with Powershot. Nobody knows why they tried to implement that ability for warlocks. They thought it was cool but then found out it had no real use. Powershot is just bugged and it seems that they are very, very slow to realize it.

Powershot, when it comes down to it, is great damage and a random knockback. Great burst damage is useful. The warlock spell Cataclysm was not useful at all. They just need to fix Powershot so that it actually hits the main target 100% of the time like every other targeted ability in the universe.
    They tweet they think it is because that it work like divine star and Charging Ox Wave, so if the target is moving the will miss.

Deleted
    The main problem is their definition of a skillshot.

A skillshot in games like LoL (where the term suddenly gained popularity) means an attack you need to aim in a direction yourself, whether it hits something or not it will still go off and shoot in that direction. That also means people can walk into (or out of for that matter) the effect/shot as it travels.

Our two Hunter ''skillshots'' as they call them requires you to pick a target and throw the shot at them, after that if the target moves it will miss.

If we could simply shoot Powershot straight ahead or throw our Glaives straight ahead without us requiring a target everything would be fine. I don't have a level 90 Priest so I don't know how Divine Star works, but I'm assuming that is a true skillshot and you simply shoot the star straight ahead when you use it.