Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    This is how trinket rating is done.
    http://wp.me/p2WM9f-o - Trinket rankings based off of BiS stat weights.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    http://wp.me/p2WM9f-o - Trinket rankings based off of BiS stat weights.
    BiS stat weights mean nothing if you're not in BiS, and if the APL is shit, which it is. If you modify the APL, and sim with your own gear, and figure weights from that, you're doing it right. If not, you might as well guess.

I'm not sure what you're asking for here. When people ask for trinket rankings they want rankings so they know what to roll for gear. BiS stat weights are fairly close to individual stat weights relatively just because of how stats interact with each other. You are basically being belligerent for no reason. What result are you disagreeing with specifically? Is there any trinket that is out of place that makes any of the lists posted here irrelevant?
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

I'm saying that the results will not be 100% accurate. That's all.

LoTC =~ Essence of Terror > RoY

This.

Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post

This.
    Dislodged Foreign Object>H U2 Essence>H U2 LotC

Go re-read the thread. I never said it was better, I explained why its a good trinket. There's a difference.
    Fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Shrugs - SimCraft is about as effective as it is for Demonology as it is for Affliction. The trinket rankings in my blog come with the caveat that SimCraft results have holes in them, precisely because it's nigh impossible to have the APL work how we'd want it to work in relation to procs and DS.

As for your complaint about 'Blue trinkets with the same weight as RoY for Demonology? Nope.', you really need to look at how strong the Zen Alchemist Stone actually is. SimCraft actually underrates it in relation to the Relic because of how strong that proc is (4689 INT 15s/55CD vs 3261 INT 15s/50CD).
    How would you rate upgraded zen vs unupgraded normal essence/cosmos? for all specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Dislodged Foreign Object>H U2 Essence>H U2 LotC
    Period, bro.

BiS stat weights mean nothing if you're not in BiS, and if the APL is shit, which it is. If you modify the APL, and sim with your own gear, and figure weights from that, you're doing it right. If not, you might as well guess.
    I'm saying that the results will not be 100% accurate. That's all.
    I agree. Anything that isn't 100% accurate is worthless. If you aren't willing or knowledgeable enough to download simcraft, modify the APL, generate your own stat weights and then rank all the trinkets for yourself then you are a bad player and not worthy of the best educated guesses of others. If we come together, we can force such players to put all their gear in a burlap sack and choose randomly before each boss. For an added fee, these burlap sacks can be rigged to have a 4% daily chance of incinerating all the gear that these bad players don't deserve anyway. Burlap sacks not available in red or blue. 499g while supplies last. Limit three per customer.
    Last edited by zey; 2012-12-29 at 04:44 PM.

Deleted

This.
    What spec? Any data to back it up?

I got the Essence today and I spent like 2 hours in front of the dummy. It doesnt proc that often for affliction purely because it procs off of hostile damage ability LANDS. It has a 15% procchance according to blizz and in order to proc it, you have to tear your a**. Simply it either procs when you apply your dots first, or it wont proc for a long long while, so that you cant put your overpowered dots on the target directly on the pull. I tried simply anything, applying dots manually, using SB:SS, Malefic Grasp spamming for it to proc but hell, no, its just too stubborn to proc and its hard to lineup with anything, even if you track ICD's or such.

TL: DR: Sims might show that its better, but in practice, its crap, annoying, stupid.

Edit: Clarification

The thing about Light of the Cosmos as demo is not the proc itself but how it procs. Since the trinket procs from dot ticks it has much better uptime for afflic than demo. Afflic averages 4.5 dot ticks per sec when channeling MG (no haste) whereas demo is only about .56 ticks per sec with a little bump to the average when Shadowflame is up. It's not uncommon for me to see my Light be off CD for upwards of 20sec before proccing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    The thing about Light of the Cosmos as demo is not the proc itself but how it procs. Since the trinket procs from dot ticks it has much better uptime for afflic than demo. Afflic averages 4.5 dot ticks per sec when channeling MG (no haste) whereas demo is only about .56 ticks per sec with a little bump to the average when Shadowflame is up. It's not uncommon for me to see my Light be off CD for upwards of 20sec before proccing again.

After playing every fight of the tier as Demonology, I can disagree with this. I've never seen it off CD longer than 2-3 seconds.

After playing every fight of the tier as Demonology, I can disagree with this. I've never seen it off CD longer than 2-3 seconds.
    I'm also using basic probability. .56 proc chances per second means (.56*60)=33.4 proc chances per minute. .15 proc chance * 33.4 = 5.04 procs per min. So 60sec/5.04 procs = 11.9sec per proc average after the ICD is up.

I believe the math is correct but correct me if I'm wrong. Personally I still use Flashfrozen as demo since I see a dps loss using a H LoC +2. Flashfrozen just lines up really well with every other DS with 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    What spec? Any data to back it up?
    Affliction, yes:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...tion-trinkets/

At upgrade +8 ilvl, Essence =~ LoTC > RoY for a small increase of dps.

Deleted
    Affliction, yes:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...tion-trinkets/

At upgrade +8 ilvl, Essence =~ LoTC > RoY for a small increase of dps.
    I haven't had the luxury of playing with LOTC yet, but Essence has proc chance and proc method that makes it sometimes (often actually) proc after all other cooldowns have fallen off, during pull-burst. So the data that I linked, accumulated in the same way as that you linked, but with different results entirely, was actually false in regards to Essence. It's alot weaker in reality than it is on paper. It's ICD is 105 seconds, but it can easily be ready for 30 seconds+ without proccing.
    I am not sure, and I hope that I've just been unlucky and that this is incorrect, but it seems to only proc off of spell hits, which means haunt, dot application, fel flame, application of malefic grasp/drain soul and fear/banish.

2x Upg Yulon (9038.7 | 15/50 Proc Uptime) < HC 2x Upg Essence of Terror (10257.44095 | 20/105 Proc Uptime) < HC 2x Upg Light of the Cosmos (11113.11 | 20/45 Proc Uptime)
    With scalefactors of:
    Int 4.5
    Sp 3.66
    Hit 2.13
    Crit 1.72
    Haste 2.47
    Mastery 2.66

As mentioned earlier, the uptime assumes they proc instantly, which Yulon nearly does and Essence of Terror doesn't. I can't speak for Light of the Cosmos, don't have it .
    The ICD is from Ghostcrawler's official statement on trinket and enchant procs. The buff duration is from the trinket tooltip.