raid finder loot and me.

Raid finder loot system how i love and hate you. 5 weeks of nothing but gold then in back to back terraces get 2 sha touched weapons. annoying at best. I have a suggestion to improve the loot in lfr without changing too much how it works and makes it more meaningful for lfr raiders. Its simply a buff. For every boss you dont get loot off of you get a x% buff to your loot getting chances. Theorectically if your loot luck is completely horrendous then eventually you could hit 100% chance at loot and get instaloot off the next boss you kill (only applys in lfr). If that method seems too clunky then this suggestion might be better. you get a counter and for x number of bosses without loot you get a token for one piece of guarenteed loot off a boss of your choice. For example: player x goes 10 lfr bosses without getting a single piece of loot. gets a token. next time he lfrs uses it on elegon and scores the trinket he has been wanting.

I think either of these methods would improve the system and still maintain its inherent ability to string out content by controlling gear upgrading too fast but still allow players to feel like they are getting something every once in awhile.
    Last edited by unidragon; 2012-12-27 at 07:49 PM.

how bout, if you dont like the game go play something else!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    This and you should aslo make a thread on why you made a thread about LFR when there's probably 1000000000 other threads on the exact same thing! Not only do people feel like special snowflakes that deserve loot in LFR but they also feel like special snowflakes that need to create a thread about LFR loot!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    I love how some people deal is such absolutes. If you dislike one aspect of the game then GET LOST!!!

If they just remove the ability to get duplicate loot that would be a step in the right direction.

eh, rng sucks at all levels of raiding sometimes. all I see lately is agility or spirit gear. but I did ok early on, so cant complain that much.

Deleted
    Your suggestions will make LFR the ideal place to gear up with a guarantee of loot
    This is not what Blizzard intended with LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Your suggestions will make LFR the ideal place to gear up with a guarantee of loot
    This is not what Blizzard intended with LFR.

My intent was not to make it drop all the time. Just make it so you don't go weeks without a drop. With the first option they could have the % boost to loot possibility as low as 1 percent but I personally feel that a 5% per boss wouldnt be bad then you would be getting at least 1 piece of gear every 20 bosses vs the current system of going weeks getting only gold.
    With the 2nd option they could set the X number how ever they feel whether it be 10 bosses with no loot or 20 or more. Its like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey to make him go. You know eventually you WILL get loot as opposed to the current system of eventually you MIGHT get loot.

And you posted this in the original Blizzard suggestion forums too, right ?

I'm happy with how loot currently works in LFR, even though I have had several weeks where I got nothing but gold!

Your idea of a buff is something they could implement, but loot is supposed to be RNG.

I much prefer this system over the Dragon Soul LFR, that was so bad with assholes needing on stuff they already had so they could trade it later if something they wanted dropped. Then if you actually got something decent you had to deal with a stream of whispers begging for it. People seem to forget how shit the old LFR loot system was when QQing over the new system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unidragon View Post
    My intent was not to make it drop all the time. Just make it so you don't go weeks without a drop. With the first option they could have the % boost to loot possibility as low as 1 percent but I personally feel that a 5% per boss wouldnt be bad then you would be getting at least 1 piece of gear every 20 bosses vs the current system of going weeks getting only gold.
    With the 2nd option they could set the X number how ever they feel whether it be 10 bosses with no loot or 20 or more. Its like dangling the carrot in front of the donkey to make him go. You know eventually you WILL get loot as opposed to the current system of eventually you MIGHT get loot.
    And that's the problem. You shouldn't venture into LFR with the knowledge of knowing that you WILL get loot.
    LFR is merely a steppingstone into raids and if you start making guarantee drops, then you make LFR mandatory.