Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Didn't even know this was on the way, sounds really cool, and holy hell, Gally is one hell of a dragon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of Knack, but I'll stil lread the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Well, Kalec still has the knowledge of an Aspect and can invoke the voice of the Titans, besides that he is back to his old self. He had to fly away from the Horde force that was on its way to attack Theramore. Pretty much just a powerful normal blue dragon.
    At least Kalec got Jaina. Loses super powers, but gets the girl.

10+ Year Old Account
    While it's going to be incredibly captivating to read and learn more about, this feels like another awkward step for the fantasy genre that is the Wow franchise; The more is explained and laid bare, the less mystery and wonder remains.

While this is a good thing for reality, I feel it's counterproductive for fantasy.

But we'll see.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    While it's going to be incredibly captivating to read and learn more about, this feels like another awkward step for the fantasy genre that is the Wow franchise; The more is explained and laid bare, the less mystery and wonder remains.

While this is a good thing for reality, I feel it's counterproductive for fantasy.

But we'll see.
    Blizz has been pretty vague with the origins of the Aspects, first they said this and then came WOTLK with Galakrond and then they said another. Personally I thinks its about DAMN TIME we got a solid concrete origin story for the Aspects.

Plus who knows we could see Wrathion....

Deleted
    Never had the desire to read a book about WoW until now.`

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So Alexstraza isn't the Life Binder, and Nozdormu can't look after the Time Stream anymore? They're just normal dragons?
    Pretty much, but they are still the most powerful of their kind. This does go a long way to explain how we come to kill Nozdormu in the End Time though, since he was a future version and thus not an Aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the look of the proto-dragons. Hulking and monstrous. I wonder how they're going to represent the aspects pre-transformation - the proto-dragons always struck me as having animal level intellect. It'd spoil things a bit if the proto-Aspects are just as intelligent as their current incarnations.

Also hoping for more clues as to proto-dragon origination - whether they're naturally evolved lifeforms like the trolls or elemental drakes that were afflicted by the curse of flesh.

Oh, and from what I understand, this isn't a novel but a multi-part story series. Purely online.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I love the look of the proto-dragons. Hulking and monstrous. I wonder how they're going to represent the aspects pre-transformation - the proto-dragons always struck me as having animal level intellect. It'd spoil things a bit if the proto-Aspects are just as intelligent as their current incarnations.
    Have to remember though, that not all animals in WarCraft have an animal level intellect. While the majority of turtles wander around aimlessly eating stranglekelp, you have ones like Torta and Tooga, who both could speak common. It could be the proto-dragons that would later become the ancients were exceedingly intelligent and craft over the rest of their kin.

Oh, and from what I understand, this isn't a novel but a multi-part story series. Purely online.
    Its a four part ebook.

Exactly how long it will be in comparison to other books....I have no clue

10+ Year Old Account
    This will be interesting. Not only will we learn more about the genesis of the dragons and the Aspects, but we will learn more about the Titans, their ordering of Azeroth and their war against the Old Gods. Afterall, the Aspects were created to be the guardians of Azeroth, especially against the Old Gods.

It would like if the five Aspects to be had other, more primitive names as proto-drakes and if they had more primal and brutal personalities as well. Something like furbolgs...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

y'all welcome
    They look like normal Proto Drake, Could Proto Drakes be primitive Drakes?

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They lost their powers, it's stated on the Tides of War novel.
    Its has been stated many times already, The Aspects still have there Power just lesser power. There no longer immortal, They are like a Pokemon after using Hyper Beam or Giga Impact. They need to recharge.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 10:10 PM ----------

Its has been stated many times already, The Aspects still have there Power just lesser power. There no longer immortal, They are like a Pokemon after using Hyper Beam or Giga Impact. They need to recharge.
    Lol that's an interesting way to put it. But the way I understand it, there is no "recharge". Until Blizzard pulls something out of their buttocks and say "Of the "Breath of the Titans (or whatever the name is I can't remember) that was created in... The Black Temple? Anywho whatever than thing is will give the Aspects their Power and Wrathion will be the new aspect of Earth". If they don't do that, then it's GG for the Aspects and their power. They're staying normal dragons.

EDIT: Errr, it's called the Eye of the Storm and it's a Naaru thing not Titan. Serves the same purpose in the end
    Last edited by Belize; 2012-12-29 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    It would like if the five Aspects to be had other, more primitive names as proto-drakes and if they had more primal and brutal personalities as well. Something like furbolgs...
    Its funny you say that because since I found the info on Wowpedia...its got me thinking.

Were they given the strength they would become legendary for...or did they earn it with blood? Kalecgos’s discoveries will change everything he knows about the events that led to the...DAWN OF THE ASPECTS

The former Dragon Aspects are on the brink of going their separate ways to forge new destinies. As Kalecgos ponders the uncertain future awaiting his kind, he uncovers a mysterious artifact that allows him to see through the eyes of his late predecessor, Malygos. Intense visions bombard Kalecgos, transporting him to a time when the original Aspects were no more than primitive proto-dragons. Across ancient Kalimdor’s northern plains, they fought for survival against each other and a terrifying creature that dominated the era: the Father of Dragons, Galakrond. But many questions remain for Kalecgos. What are the origins of this strange artifact? Are its visions a gift, or a curse?
    Looking at some of this info makes you think. What if the Dragon Aspects weren't as noble as we thought....

I'm kind hoping to see if Alexstrasza was a total bitch back in the day...and then when the Titans changed her she became the Alex we know and love/fap too....

Two weeks til Part 1 comes out

That's pretty much what 'proto' means.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dragons were created by the Titans from proto-dragons. And there's a few implications scattered throughout miscellaneous lore materials that proto-dragons might be elemental drakes that were afflicted with the Curse of Flesh.

The dragons were created by the Titans from proto-dragons. And there's a few implications scattered throughout miscellaneous lore materials that proto-dragons might be elemental drakes that were afflicted with the Curse of Flesh.
    guess we'll find out

It is some nice lore, though it is written by Knaak, I hope the damage to the general lore will be minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So Alexstraza isn't the Life Binder, and Nozdormu can't look after the Time Stream anymore? They're just normal dragons?
    Pretty much only that they still have their powers. Afterall Even non-aspect Dragons can travel in time, enter the Emerald Dream, Heal others etc.
    They are just not aspects anymore and their powers (and they are no longer immortal) have just been weakened to the level of their kin, only I think, they are still alot stronger.

It is some nice lore, though it is written by Knaak, I hope the damage to the general lore will be minimal.
    I don't get what's with that hate toward Knaak, I think he's an excelent Writer (he is even anounced as one) But if there iso ne thing he good at, it's dragons.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2013-01-02 at 04:43 PM.