Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    Deleted

US firefighters shot dead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20838925

Two volunteer firefighters have been shot dead and two injured while responding to an emergency call in the town of Webster in New York state.

It appears the four were fired upon as they arrived at the scene of a fire early on Monday morning.

The blaze broke out just before 06:00 local time (11:00 GMT) and the shooting reportedly prevented firefighters putting it out for several hours.

A gunman has been found dead at the scene, local police say.

"Upon arrival of the first... engine company and some firefighters in their personal vehicles, they underwent gunfire from a location unknown," Webster's Fire Marshal Rob Boutillier told reporters.

Sounds like this guy was waiting for them, its damned low in my opinion to target emergency services. Unfortunately we will never get the answers to our questions due to the gunman being dead.

Deleted
    Horrible thing.

What I'm still wondering is, did the gunman call them? If so, why? :S

I mean, I don't think that even needs to be answered, what needs to be answered is why he was even shooting the firemen...

Just seen it. Very sad. RIP Brothers!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Horrible thing.

I mean, I don't think that even needs to be answered, what needs to be answered is why he was even shooting the firemen...
    Terrorists often target the first responders to an incident, If I had to guess then I would say this guy caused the blaze to harm whoever was in the building then waited for those that tried to help. Since the gunman is dead now though anything we say is speculation unless they find a confessional note.

Deleted
    Quick, ban zippos and matches so there won't be any psycho arsonist left in the streets!

Wait...

Isn't the answer obvious? Just for the sake of being an ass! Chavs and Thugs in french suburbs do it everytime. They provoque a fire then attack the firemen with stones, molotov cocktails, etc. Even shotguns. Wich they did not bought to the local legit armorer, trust me.

Anyway.
    Last edited by mmocf4b615a1a4; 2012-12-24 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...i was doing that in Gta game.....

..but real life..

wtf?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
    Quick, ban zippos and matches so there won't be any psycho arsonist left in the streets!

Wait...
    Don't you mean "Quick, give everyone a lighter, matches and a jug of kerosene?" It's the only sure way to be safe.

I feel like your trying to bait people into a gun debate or law enforcement bashing session by repeating "the gunman is dead". He killed two innocent human beings he deserved to be tossed into the blaze and shot so he couldn't escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    His body should be hanged for public humiliation and caned beyond regconition.

It is probably some suicidal brick that decided to shoot someone dead before they end their sorrow useless little life, good riddance I say.

RIP to the fire fighters though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Don't you mean "Quick, give everyone a lighter, matches and a jug of kerosene?" It's the only sure way to be safe.
    Okay, have to admit that got a chuckle out of me. Well played sir, well played.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Terrorists often target the first responders to an incident, If I had to guess then I would say this guy caused the blaze to harm whoever was in the building then waited for those that tried to help. Since the gunman is dead now though anything we say is speculation unless they find a confessional note.
    Yeah, I didn't remember that, it does make sense.

It's still horrible... I wonder what caused the dude to start all this then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    I feel like your trying to bait people into a gun debate or law enforcement bashing session by repeating "the gunman is dead". He killed two innocent human beings he deserved to be tossed into the blaze and shot so he couldn't escape.
    He's saying gunman because that's what it says in the article...

Deleted
    People are becoming harder to understand each day. How poor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidbozz View Post
    Anyone who knows me on this forum knows that is not my style, If I wanted a debate I would be much more direct.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Horrible thing.

There's a lot of wackos out there or people with a grudge about everything we can imagine.

Probably a lunatic that in his past his family died due to the firemen arriving too late to a scene and he probably blames EVERY firefighter out there for his misery. If that makes any sense at all outside of a mentaly ill person.

Or

Someone that had a house insurance and was going to receive a big paycheck from the insurance but if the firemen put out the fire then he wouldnt' receive anything...

Or

That person is just a murderer plain a simple. And calling firefighters into an ambush is an "easy deal", sitting ducks.

Honestly i don't know. In a world that even "medicaly sane" people do extremely bad things, if you start to add the possibilities of medicaly insane people then you have literaly everything possible...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this officially beats my exaggerated prediction for how many gun murders would occur in the US in 2012.

Congratulations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Nope, because i'm nor pro nor anti gun restrictions. To be honest both sides are full of it. The anti gun restrictions for considering the sword is the only defense against the sword, the pro gun restrictions for thinking taking out all the swords will allow them to forsake any kind of shield.

World is full of psychos (as showed in OP). DEAL WITH IT.

Deleted
    Sounds like a similar story we had here in the UK this where two unarmed police officers responded to a break in and were ambushed by some high profile criminal in Manchester, both assaulted with grenades and shot dead. Odd thing was, the man responsible handed himself in later that day.

No doubt the OP's story will inevitably evolve into another thread about US gun laws, so I shall get my piece in in advance. Despite the pressure, Sir Hugh Orde (president of the Association of Chief Police Officers), resisted calls to suddenly roll out firearms for all police officers in the wake of the incident - "Many colleagues in America are lost without even drawing their gun at close ranges. I can't describe this particular case in detail but the reality is, the clear view of the British police service from top to bottom is we don't want to be armed. One of the learning points in Northern Ireland - I had an armed service - was it distances us from communities. They don't like approaching officers with guns. Guns don't necessarily solve the problem. You only have to look to the American experience." (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19647221)

I'm not stirring things up but I feel like the OP's story can be worthy of some discussion in the context of drawing parallels between how two first world Westernised countries respond to tragic shootings so differently - on the one hand, the USA want to arm teachers on the presumption it will make everybody safer; the UK police feels that putting more weapons on the street will escalate the problem. I find this stark difference fascinating and, as always, one that will no doubt polarise opinion.

That UK grenade incident was very unusual, that guy was a very high profile wanted organised criminal who the security services were unable to trace in time(since they were actively looking for him) to save those locally based unarmed officers who had no idea they were being tricked into responding to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really sad. The firefighters came to help people and this is what they get in return. R.I.P. firefighters and i hope the shooter burns in hell.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3