Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I was so disappointed when I realized the angel wings don't prevent you from dying after a long jump. It's something that needs to be fixed. It slows your fall like it should, then you plop a few centimeters and it takes your whole life away. So tragic.
    Yeah : (

At least it's nice for the occasional terrain abuse to avoid longer runs.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah : (

At least it's nice for the occasional terrain abuse to avoid longer runs.
    I used it before I had a mount, but only use it now for pretty much this.

With that being said, I understand what they were aiming for with the racials and probably succeeded in doing what even Blizzard says they should have to begin with. As much as I would like these racials to be available in combat, it would weight certain races in people's minds as 'better'. I don't really see it happening with these, as they are baseline designed as less OP than WoW ones, but it still makes sense.

I didn't even look at the racials when I was selecting a character. I'm pretty sure that's the intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I didn't even look at the racials when I was selecting a character. I'm pretty sure that's the intention.
    Totally did. I was evenly split between rolling human or elf, but the OP jumpy fairy wings sealed the deal for me. Made 1-20 (or whenever you get your first mount) so much easier. That and DAMNIT IT LOOKS COOL. As simple as it is, I'm a big fan of the jump animation.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Totally did. I was evenly split between rolling human or elf, but the OP jumpy fairy wings sealed the deal for me. Made 1-20 (or whenever you get your first mount) so much easier. That and DAMNIT IT LOOKS COOL. As simple as it is, I'm a big fan of the jump animation.
    Well the point is you chose something aesthetically. You didn't feel forced to choose the elf because it gave you an advantage in your avenue of play.

I've never been one to do that in WoW either, I just play what looks awesome for that class, but apparently a lot of people don't feel the same way.

I actually think they should try and do a polish patch. Make an attempt at balancing some of the callings (AKA Clerics) and just polish up features (heard mentoring was a little off), and just flesh out other features. Doesn't necessarily need to happen at the expense of content, but there's just polishing up they could be doing. Also feel the engine could be optimized a bit more, lotsa complaints that zone events just drop FPS for tons of people and server lag is bad. Can't confirm those myself as I haven't done enough world events but it'd be nice if they just do polish stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    I actually think they should try and do a polish patch. Make an attempt at balancing some of the callings (AKA Clerics) and just polish up features (heard mentoring was a little off), and just flesh out other features. Doesn't necessarily need to happen at the expense of content, but there's just polishing up they could be doing. Also feel the engine could be optimized a bit more, lotsa complaints that zone events just drop FPS for tons of people and server lag is bad. Can't confirm those myself as I haven't done enough world events but it'd be nice if they just do polish stuff.
    They typically do do minor things like that in the big patches besides content, as well as they do tend to have minor hotfixes between them as well, though yeah, I kinda do hope to see some engine optimizations.

Deleted
    when do you think we are gonna see some new things on pts?
    maybe the week after new year?
    And when 2.2 will be released? my guess is around end of January

10+ Year Old Account
    He He - The jump is the reason I play Bahmi! I love that leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    when do you think we are gonna see some new things on pts?
    maybe the week after new year?
    And when 2.2 will be released? my guess is around end of January
    Im expecting 2.2 to hit pts mid-late janurary and going live mid-late feburary.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

I was doing a dungeon today and we had a dps drop. W/e no biggie. So we kept pulling along and just as we got into a big pull BAM, the dps que for the missing person had been found and required me to click on it. It covers the center of your screen and is unmovable. It hides everything. For a healer or a tank panic mode sets in. Once clicked i had to spam my tank with quick burst heals just from dying. Then it popped back up for the other 4 members to click. Its INSANELY frustrating. This needs to be changed. I think the UI needs to be smaller or just auto add the new person to the group so we can continue on with the dungeon. U shouldn't need to click multiple times to show that u acknowledge that other people in the group also clicked that accept button.

Quote Originally Posted by Trialtm View Post
    I was doing a dungeon today and we had a dps drop. W/e no biggie. So we kept pulling along and just as we got into a big pull BAM, the dps que for the missing person had been found and required me to click on it. It covers the center of your screen and is unmovable. It hides everything. For a healer or a tank panic mode sets in. Once clicked i had to spam my tank with quick burst heals just from dying. Then it popped back up for the other 4 members to click. Its INSANELY frustrating. This needs to be changed. I think the UI needs to be smaller or just auto add the new person to the group so we can continue on with the dungeon. U shouldn't need to click multiple times to show that u acknowledge that other people in the group also clicked that accept button.
    It is moveable, just click it and drag it. And you might even be able to modify the size through the "Edit UI layout" feature, but not sure.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    It is moveable, just click it and drag it. And you might even be able to modify the size through the "Edit UI layout" feature, but not sure.
    Yeah - it's movable. Had this happen to me before as well. Just click, hold, drag.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Im expecting 2.2 to hit pts mid-late janurary and going live mid-late feburary.
    too late to release mid-lae february. dont forget we have the annual carnaval event at the end of february-early March for the 2 years of rift
    2.2 should come late january or very early february

Rift needs to add a decent 10+ boss raid instance to compete with WoW in 2.2, since they seemed to have stepped up the raid content this expansion, like 28 bosses already if u include launch raids and 5.2 (for wow) verses only 14 bosses in Rift do far.
    It's actually making me think of resubbing and I quit wow swearing I would never return over 1.5yrs ago lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Rift needs to add a decent 10+ boss raid instance to compete with WoW in 2.2, since they seemed to have stepped up the raid content this expansion, like 28 bosses already if u include launch raids and 5.2 (for wow) verses only 14 bosses in Rift do far.
    It's actually making me think of resubbing and I quit wow swearing I would never return over 1.5yrs ago lol.
    Rift doesn't need to do anything of the sort. There's too few bleeding edge guilds as it stands. Throwing another 10 bosses into the mix while guilds are still working on earlier content would be a waste of resources. That's not to say there shouldn't or won't be another raid, but why throw in a 2rd new raid within 2 months of release?

If people aren't playing Rift and raiding already, having more raid bosses than WoW won't change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not have Storm Legion at the moment but I would like them to not display soul groups that have the expansion soul in them when I am choosing a spec. Though I suppose it could be intentional in your face advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Rift doesn't need to do anything of the sort. There's too few bleeding edge guilds as it stands. Throwing another 10 bosses into the mix while guilds are still working on earlier content would be a waste of resources. That's not to say there shouldn't or won't be another raid, but why throw in a 2rd new raid within 2 months of release?

If people aren't playing Rift and raiding already, having more raid bosses than WoW won't change anything.
    Yeah and its quality not quantity that matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I do not have Storm Legion at the moment but I would like them to not display soul groups that have the expansion soul in them when I am choosing a spec. Though I suppose it could be intentional in your face advertising.
    those are preset souls you have them at every level hehe

Deleted
    i have a feeling rift hard modes would be done differently, and would probably be almost impossible to complete

10+ Year Old Account
    A matter of interest. You already cleared everything? It's not like WoW where you have hardmodes (At the moment)... You only have one fight to get through. I realize a lot of really good players frequent these forums, but who are you in-game? You cleared everything?

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    i have a feeling rift hard modes would be done differently, and would probably be almost impossible to complete
    I think they will be similar to Ulduar, in my opinion - pure speculation. Activate this button to make fight harder for chance to drop more loot.

---------- Post added 2013-01-04 at 09:47 AM ----------

Also, your comparison is flawed. I haven't noticed people complaining about lack of things to do / content in Rift at the moment. I can see why ol' GhostCrawler was commenting on people regarding content. People want content without even experiencing all that already has been made available. One difference is that I don't consider Heroic versions of a Raid "new" content. People like this are like collectors of items that never actually use them. They just like to have them there looking pretty. Hell, at a casual, I've still got three friggin' raids ahead of me in Rift.

So, yeah, I'll see when 5.2 actually comes out. We'll have 2.2 in a month (I think) and probably 2.3 in 6~8 weeks after. So, lets compare WoW 5.2 with Rift Patch 2.3, shall we as that's probably when you'll see 5.2 in my opinion.

Rift has nothing to prove. It's content updates have been consistent since release. I don't believe Trion will fail me or lie to me. After the end of Wrath one year delay, the Cataclysm "smaller, faster patches" joke, Blizzard has a helluva long way to restore my faith. WoW is a great game and I have many fond memories and a nostalgic attraction to my druid, but something is wrong when a multi-billion dollar company can't compete with a developer with far less resources at it's disposal.

Oh, yeah, has Diablo III got PvP yet? You know, the thing that was promised "soon" after launch?

Um, no... it seems to have got shelved... http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8163...te_-12_27_2012

Diablo was the last Blizzard game I will buy at launch. I will adopt a "wait and see" attitude with regards to all Blizzard games in future.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2013-01-04 at 10:46 AM.