Unemployment Rate...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mployment_rate

Rape per capita...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape_statistics

Population and Diversity...
    (other fun details too)
    https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...k/geos/us.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_population

I just don't get the uproar. The USA has greater issues with Education and Health Care than any of our "rivals." We have 23 times the amount of intentional homicide than Canada, though its said that the 270 million more occupants shouldn't affect this. Yet if so, then why is Canada rated 8 points better at health care?

What's actually interesting is that Canada has guns, nearly half the population of the UK, and yet less murders than the UK.

So why are there such great expectations for the USA when we don't lead (positively) on anything?
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2012-12-27 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is the OP horribly worded.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    Is it just me or is the OP horribly worded.
    Probably my fault, I kept changing things too much.

You forgot to mention horrible racism issues too compared to other countries.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

Wow that healthcare rating is terrible, the rating parameters I mean. Morocco's healthcare system is superior to countries like Canada, New Zealand, and Australia?

Deleted
    While I think a lot of your systems are screwed up, I think the beauty of the American culture and history and general identity more than makes up for it. Not to mention that besides all the political nonsense and drama, you're still the world's mightiest country and you're not as totalitarian as most countries would've been if they were in the same position of power. The American people is also fairly optimistic in comparison to other people, which is something I admire a lot.

But yeah, your politics suck balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    Don't know if there is really a good statistic for that beyond just showing a video of the Westboro Baptist Church or the KKK, but I agree.
    Though, I also forgot to mention vast issues with equality of Women's Rights as well as Homosexuals.

I don't think I can stomach another bashing thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tall, and thin, with a bright red head but strike me once and I'm black instead...
    It is not "the USA" that is the problem. It is the culture.

The US culture attacks what is called "old fashioned" morality. Churches. Family. Traditional marriage. The whole ball of wax. Such things are routinely attacked, denigrated, and mocked in the culture on a daily basis. Instead, the media promotes immorality, violence, and tells people that it is "cool" to avoid responsibility. It teaches that the only important values are how skinny you are, how much money you make, and how well you can "get away with it".

So we have a society filled with amoral, responsibility dodging, superficial d-bags who are taught to only value money and good looks. Then you constantly drip-feed them with songs, movies, and messages that tell you church, morality, and personal responsibility are "bad" - while telling them immorality, violence, and selfishness are "cool". Gee - and we're surprised that 33% of all households don't have a father anymore? That's not "America's" fault. That's the fault of media and culture rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Moondance View Post
    Speaking of this. Whenever my family from England visits they always note now while they're here more people just seem racist. One of my cousins recently just came back from holiday in England and was saying she was so surprised that there seemed to be less black and white race issues.

Heres the real problem. Currently 2/3 of the WORLDS middle class is from USA and the other 1/3 is spread acorss europe and the rest of the world (mostly europe).
    In 2050 2/3 of the WORLDS middle class will be from China and India with the other 1/3 from USA and Europe. This is a huge swing due to out sourcing and the global banks.

If the USA sucks so much then why do you give it so much attention? Only great things need to be broken down time and time again, uselessly, and things that aren't worth a damn usually go ignored no matter how many statistics you throw at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    I don't think I can stomach another bashing thread.
    Who's bashing? I live here. I'm aware of the problems. I'm also aware that there are problems elsewhere. I'm pointing out that I have no idea as to why were are held to such a high standard by "others" when there isn't empirical data to support it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
    It is not "the USA" that is the problem. It is the culture.

The US culture attacks what is called "old fashioned" morality. Churches. Family. Traditional marriage. The whole ball of wax. Such things are routinely attacked, denigrated, and mocked in the culture on a daily basis. Instead, the media promotes immorality, violence, and tells people that it is "cool" to avoid responsibility. It teaches that the only important values are how skinny you are, how much money you make, and how well you can "get away with it".

So we have a society filled with amoral, responsibility dodging, superficial d-bags who are taught to only value money and good looks. Then you constantly drip-feed them with songs, movies, and messages that tell you church, morality, and personal responsibility are "bad" - while telling them immorality, violence, and selfishness are "cool". Gee - and we're surprised that 33% of all households don't have a father anymore? That's not "America's" fault. That's the fault of media and culture rot.
    I rather like being what you consider to be amoral. You keep thinking what you want, but don't bother me with it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Speaking of this. Whenever my family from England visits they always note now while they're here more people just seem racist. One of my cousins recently just came back from holiday in England and was saying she was so surprised that there seemed to be less black and white race issues.
    We have racism, but we tend to keep it to ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    If the USA sucks so much then why do you give it so much attention? Only great things need to be broken down time and time again, uselessly, and things that aren't worth a damn usually go ignored no matter how many statistics you throw at it.
    Listen to what you're saying, if we didn't give attention to the things that suck in the US no would be trying to better the system.

From what I can tell via the BBC and commentary, it isn't that there isn't "racism" it's that it isn't really an issue. The Brits have an awesome way of attacking other Countries, ethnic groups, and the opposite sex and yet not coming across as a dick. They bash the French, they poke fun at homosexuals, they attack other Brits based on party loyalties, but over all, seemingly only in Europe, none of this gets in their way of working together.

I think that's the real distinction between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    We have racism, but we tend to keep it to ourselves.
    Everywhere has racism, though I must say the only place I have ever experienced racism has been in America. I really don't call me having any issues personally when I was living in England and every time I visited since. My cousin (whose white btw) got stabbed by some national front guy at a pub, but besides I don't have much recollection about anything.
    Last edited by Themius; 2012-12-27 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everywhere has racism, though I must say the only place I have every experienced racism has been in America.
    Apparently never been to Kyrgyzstan before, eheh. They do not like their Uzbek neighbors, not in the slightest.

Everywhere has racism, though I must say the only place I have every experienced racism has been in America.
    I don't quite know what you mean by this. Are you someone from a different ethnicity that has lived in many nations and only experienced racism in the us, or have you only observed racism in the US?