Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

"Gun Free Zones" around the President! Sign the petition.

Hello friends.

We must protect the President, the Vice-President and their families. The only way to do so is to create "Gun Free Zones" around them.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...zones/6RDGkxLK

We no longer should need the Secret Service or other armed guards, once we create these "Gun Free Zones."

Help Protect Barack Hussein Obama by signing this pledge.

Finally a petition I can get behind!

10+ Year Old Account
    When there is a reasonable expectation for every citizen in the US to be intimidated or assassinated, than you might have a slightly reasonable point. There is a degree of risk associated with being a political figurehead that is not shared by the common person.

I agree with this. It works so well for schools so it should work wonders for the safety of the president.

Lol...you guys are all morons for supporting this. Sarcastically or not.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-12-27 at 11:23 PM.

Schools aren't supposed to be high-value targets. The president is. Therefore he needs armed guards who are trustworthy and whose guns are actually controlled, unlike random joes on the street who no one knows about and might be psychos planning their personal mass murder with uncontrolled guns. That's why the president should get to have armed guns and schools don't.

Good try, pro-guns, but no. Your logic fails

Sorry for ruining your party

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    When there is a reasonable expectation for every citizen in the US to be intimidated or assassinated, than you might have a slightly reasonable point. There is a degree of risk associated with being a political figurehead that is not shared by the common person.
    No one attempts a mass murder in Washington.

I wonder why that is.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 06:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Schools aren't supposed to be high-value targets. The president is. Therefore he needs armed guards who are trustworthy and whose guns are actually controlled, unlike random joes on the street who no one knows about and might be psychos planning their personal mass murder with uncontrolled guns. That's why the president should get to have armed guns and schools don't.

Good try, pro-guns, but no. Your logic fails
    So now we're prioritizing human life.

Nice.

Guess you do not seem to understand how a "gun free zone" works. If guns are not allowed, then the people in the "gun free zone" will be safe from assasins or crazy people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    No one attempts a mass murder in Washington.

I wonder why that is
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_Hanafi_Siege

You were saying? Also, there are plenty of major cities in the US where mass murders have not occurred.

---------- Post added 2012-12-28 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Khoranth View Post
    Guess you do not seem to understand how a "gun free zone" works. If guns are not allowed, then the people in the "gun free zone" will be safe from assasins or crazy people.
    And how exactly are you going to make sure it's a perfect gun free zone, with the president of the US involved?

So now we're prioritizing human life.

Nice.
    Nope, that's a military term used to designate highly desirable targets. There's obviously a big life risk by being the president of the USA. There's not a big life risk by going to school, because only wackos will attack them. And since allowing every random joe to have guns increases the chance that a gun will end up at the hands of a wacko, that's why they need to be restricted.

So no, I'm not prioritizing one life after another. You're trying too hard by distorting what I said. You just embarrassed yourself

Here where I live there are plenty of actual "gun free zones" (since gun control is much tighter here) but we don't have mass murders every week around here. High value targets still have armed protection because they're that: high value targets.
    Last edited by Knight Gil; 2012-12-27 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    4200 people signed, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltway_sniper_attacks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_Hanafi_Siege

You were saying? Also, there are plenty of major cities in the US where mass murders have not occurred.
    Sorry, should have clarified.

No one strolls into the White House, Pentagon, or United States Capitol expecting to murder 20+ people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not safe at all:

Now think of unarmed guards who cant shut back.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_F._Kennedy
    Don't sweat the details!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    People are trying to kill the president every day....

There is a bit of a difference...

Deleted
    The president is a target sought after by a large number of psychopaths. The president also makes important decisions that protect and help large numbers of people beyond himself, including school children.

The liberals don't even have to argue their case anymore, the conservatives are now making themselves look really bad with illogical propositions such as this one. It comes as no surprise that most analysts say 2012 was one of the most damaging years in history for the Republican party, and one of the most strengthening for the Democrats.

The Republicans are just making themselves look bad at this point, and paying the price as they now have reduced influence, power and significantly lower popularity.

Nope, that's a military term used to designate highly desirable targets. There's obviously a big life risk by being the president of the USA. There's not a big life risk by going to school, because only wackos will attack them. And since allowing every random joe to have guns increases the chance that a gun will end up at the hands of a wacko, that's why they need to be restricted.

So no, I'm not prioritizing one life after another. You're trying too hard by distorting what I said. You just embarrassed yourself
    This post is loaded with zero fallacies.

It's funny that people who "deserve" protecting the most are the people who "choose" to put themselves out there as "targets." Yet more people who don't are killed each day and year and those people didn't some how deserve protecting.

Yes, but if you didn't think his life was so important, you wouldn't care that he is a "highly desirable target".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha ha ha ha ha pro gun logic at it's best
    School in middle of nowhere=/= president of the united states
    It's just getting embarrassing and sad now.

And how exactly are you going to make sure it's a perfect gun free zone, with the president of the US involved?
    As long as the "gun free zone" is a law, people are sure to obey it, that's how laws work right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riidii View Post
    Yes, but if you didn't think his life was so important, you wouldn't care that he is a "highly desirable target".
    No one can argue that the president is important. He is. What are you arguing again?