Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Zombie event was great fun but in limited doses. People moaned so much that it disrupted their routine (even if it was the end of an xpac) that I doubt anything as fun as that will happen again.

My favorite glitch was slow falling into Acherus I think. Or getting under Org and playing the "can you find me" game.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Deleted
    I remember getting into the caverns of time long before they were opened. I was truly amazed by the view into space

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Zombie event was great fun but in limited doses. People moaned so much that it disrupted their routine (even if it was the end of an xpac) that I doubt anything as fun as that will happen again.

My favorite glitch was slow falling into Acherus I think. Or getting under Org and playing the "can you find me" game.
    those are the little dweebs that ruin it, so some zombies came in and killed the auctioneer and bank npcs or quest givers.. So what, it gave something to the game that for just a short while made it feel fresh.

Imagine a game like skyrim where everything was just the same, do the quest, run off an do the next. It would be boring. Instead, you could go kill the blacksmith as an assassin, lead a dragon to a crowded town and fight against it well it burns houses. Thats the kind of thing wow use to do.

Having everything predicable and routine in wow is what people now say makes it boring, the same old daily quests and grinds in dungeons and raids.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-12-28 at 11:18 PM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Imagine a game like skyrim where everything was just the same, do the quest, run off an do the next. It would be boring. Instead, you could go kill the blacksmith as an assassin, lead a dragon to a crowded town and fight against it well it burns houses. Thats the kind of thing wow use to do.
    This is wildly different to glitching into places you're not meant to go.

Things like this can be fun, but they are only fun when they are the exception. If Sha of Anger was kited to some city or quest hub or something every single time he spawned it ceases to be fun, because then it's part of the same predictable routine you are trying to avoid. If there's anything you can count on it's that something that's funny the first time will be done well beyond it's death on the internet.

EDIT
    What with winters veil being underway at the moment, it's reminded me. I think there's some decent scope to expand on the world events with something a bit more varied. Maybe even some more temporary events not tied to festivals. Not sure how viable this would be to actually make, but for a lot of the world events I really enjoyed them first time around. With all the areas, instances and models already in the game there's a whole lot of stuff not really being used all that much at the moment, something involving old places would be somewhat easier to create. Not Blackrock Mountain. Or Onyxia.
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2012-12-28 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Cut off abit

But can agree with most if not all of it. Blizzard has become, or possibly allways been "do it our way, or no way" even if its due to their programming. Yes, exploits obviously shouldn´t be there, but alot of the fun stuff they removed are just stupid - one fast example would be the size of alot of creatures / quest mobs in the world (the spider in hinterlands as one). Or to an extend having to get specific items to summon bosses (mallet for zf fx.).

You basicly don´t have to go that extra length anymore to get something special, and in mop you get overwhelmed by "fun" rewards.
    It's not "blizzard's way" that's ruins the game currently, it's the "community way". Blizzard has since long stopped making their own game, and nowdays instead listen too much to the community. And what kind of ppl are they listening to? The whiners of course. Those who are happy and enjoy the game doesn't complain much, with all it's flaws and "unperfectness". But the people who get's angry cause it's too hard to get epics, and that wall clitches can be abused, they do complain alot, and that's the people blizzard pay too much attention to.

So now blizzard makes a game that should be 100% fair en equal, a game where people shouldn't have to use their brains to explore the world, cause that could lead to unwanted behaviour.

Remember the old instances like BRD, LBRS/UBRS? huge non linear instances that was alot of fun.
    Remember when you couldnt teleport everywhere or fly everywhere? You explored the nice environment in a much more enjoyable way.
    Remember when there was no LFG/xrealm BGs? You actually had to form a group from your own realm and travel to the instance yourself(or get a warlock with you so you could summon). Traveling is not needed anymore. It's faster just queueing. Realm community is not needed anymore, cause everyone uses the LFG tool, until they quit out of boredom. Warlocks are like mages with dots.

I can go on forever. I'm still playing wow and enjoy it from time to time. But the feeling of actually being a part of the WoW world is gone. I like to explore stuff on my own and encounter elites that actually instant kills me if i'm not careful. I like to see some wonderful zones for myself and I love getting surprised that the world is not perfect but that there's room for me to interact with it. Or discover things I didn't already knew about it. Not just because blizzard stated already stated their view on every single matter. And no, i'm not a carebear RP guy. I'm quite hardcore and enjoy raiding. In some ways raiding is better now. Much more effort is put in making difficult challenging encounters on a personal level. But much of the uniqueness of the classes is eradicated. Where's the fun when everyone has the same buffs/debuffs? And almost the same healing/tanking ability? Well I don't think it's fun. I like to level up a char to know I will be needed and can't be replaced with dual spec or just another guy. I like to feel that gear actually matters a great deal for a tank even on normal.

Am I the only one thinking the realm community felt much better in vanilla and TBC? you met with people from your own server and you knew and were interested in other people of your realm. You could hang around in towns and if you saw some shiny armor on a player you knew that it wasn't just some steamroll LFR loot. You knew it was alot of effort put into getting that piece of armor or that nice looking weapon.

When you wanted to do 5 man dungeons, you had to get in contact with people from your own server. Some people were nice and some real idiots. But you shared the same server, so you couldn't hide your improper behaviour behind the fact that you're using LFG/LFR and never have to worry about your reputation. Most entry raid guilds will judge you by your gear anyway so where's the point in not needing on everything? That's the case now. but in vanilla you actually got to know players before you invited them to your guild.

So many ppl are doing LFG/LFR/RBG that the world feels much more empty now. no real world pvp. Arenas and Brawler's guild are both nice addition to the game which I would like to see more of. But not at the expanse of the server community. Incorporate all the good stuff into the realm instead, so we get to know eachother better. Remove phasing xrealm and things like that that ruins the community feeling and makes the game boring.

To sum it up. Blizzard listens too much to the community. They need to make their own game and only fix bugs and implement stuff that THEY want to. Community input shouldnt be used to "fix" things. It should only be there as an inspiration for the game designers. It's the flaws that makes the game interesting and developers living in a creative bubble without listening too much to others makes the game fun for the community.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 01:13 AM ----------

And what's the bad thing about what's called "clever use of game mechanics" and using glitches? Remember IRL its not a perfect world. In wow you get angry cause you died. But if you kill someone it feels very nice. You feel angry, or you feel great. You use your brain and get to feel stuff. Now everything is bland and stuff that causes feelings are removed as soon as they are discovered by whiners.
    Last edited by barackohmama; 2012-12-29 at 12:13 AM.

I do kinda miss the times of exploring closed zones like Ironforge Airport, Old Ironforge, Old Hyjal, Shatterspear Village and such. They were fun activities to do when your bored of PvE and PvP, just as much as achievements, pet battles and other features are.

The closest thing that MoP has for exploring closed zones is the Zandalari island above Townlong Steppes, but its impossible to actually get your character in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    [/COLOR]Case in point, the zombie invasion event. I ended up not playing for the entirety of that event even after my warrior had obtained half of the Judgement recolor offered during the event, because I got sick of playing by PvP server rules on a server not marked PvP, never mind the poor implementation that would get you killed with a repair bill if you defended yourself in Shattrath.
    Yeah but what else were you doing at the end of TBC? It was a fun event people who complain honestly wanted to sit in shattrath waiting for WoTLK to come out. Thats dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    - - -
    I agree with your post. In fact when Blizzard used to drop world bosses in cities for fun that was amazing. Now we always have to follow the rules because it disturbs other players apparently. It's really a shame that so much fun may never be experienced again on that level. I felt it brought the community together more than ever. Azeroth also felt alive when you wouldn't expect the same routine every day. You always knew that there was a possibility of an attack or to explore new places.

i think you are just chasing a nostalgia

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It needs more exploration (like Quel'thalas and the hidden Orphanage in Outland), but not more griefing of lowbies (hakkar, zombies, boss kiting)
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

A bit of chaos and madness in the game... like the Dominance dailies where we've gotten into huge faction fights? Or maybe the oodles of rare spawns that people fight over constantly...

I'm not so crazy as to really think that Blizzard should insert glitches into the game just for the sake of nostalgia, but the 'chaos' you're seeking is right there, in the game, right under your nose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent hours learning how to get over any wall the game in WotLK threw at me with friends and it was fun. It was why I became an engineer in the game in the first place (rocket boots + slow fall was commonly used). Those places are still gone. While there are still some gems hiding there (such as a secret place in deadmines I love to travel to) it is extremely tedious nowadays to make it there. I have found a couple bugs and such still on my Mage via blinking (very easy to find spots in Pandaria to blink under the world) but meh nothing in it that is fun.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

Deleted
    What about the DK's that own faction members? that was chaotic! Or when that level 1 would server hop and kill everyone in Org/SW, both were fairly recent. I do agree though, the cata event sucked!

15+ Year Old Account
    You have a point there, Trassk. World of Warcraft now reminds me of a rollercoaster - the entrance is right there, you must be this tall to enter, you experience a fast controlled ride on rails, you get down and go to the next attraction.

However it's not about the glitches, it's more about the world getting on us. Mobs will never hunt players, they will wait patently to be slaughtered. World bosses will only walk in safe areas where you can't run into them (Fel Reaver, I love you)... Remember the days of zombie plague: chaos, shit's going crazy, cities are unsafe, everyone can turn into a zombie and infect you, allies and hordies chatting in zombie language and whatnot. The world is static and safe now. You just walk a predefined path.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Look at your map. Northwest of Eastern Plaguelands, Southwest of Ghostlands. That entire area is still inaccessable.
    I always thought that was stratholme...
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

I agree that Blizzard has gotten a lot less willing to take risks and "disrupt" everyone''s silly comfort blanket routines, but half the things you're talking about aren't developer-intended chaos, they're just exploits that contradict the game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You have a point there, Trassk. World of Warcraft now reminds me of a rollercoaster - the entrance is right there, you must be this tall to enter, you experience a fast controlled ride on rails, you get down and go to the next attraction.

However it's not about the glitches, it's more about the world getting on us. Mobs will never hunt players, they will wait patently to be slaughtered. World bosses will only walk in safe areas where you can't run into them (Fel Reaver, I love you)... Remember the days of zombie plague: chaos, shit's going crazy, cities are unsafe, everyone can turn into a zombie and infect you, allies and hordies chatting in zombie language and whatnot. The world is static and safe now. You just walk a predefined path.

Well, remembering Deathwing in cata how he would randomly come to a zone and bombard it with flame and kill everything there. The players who whined about the the zombie invasion did the same with deathwing apparently 'spoiling there leveling'. For me, I got a huge kick out of seeing the silhouette of deathwing appearing on the horizon, and the fear of knowing if he was coming this way, I'd be dead. That actually made leveling far more interesting.

however I never recall seeing him appear in starting zones or over major cities, so it wasn't even a world wide feel to deathwings attacks.
    Last edited by Trassk; 2012-12-29 at 02:24 AM.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Do you even raid? Have you even touched your Shieldwall or Dominance dailies yet?

Rhetorical question. With that opinion, we know you haven't.
    Neither of those 2 things are directly tied with Pandaria's content/lore. I'm talking about the leveling experience and general solo 5.0 content.

I am qualified to comment on it, much to your dismay.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Neither of those 2 things are directly tied with Pandaria's content/lore. I'm talking about the leveling experience and general solo 5.0 content.

I am qualified to comment on it, much to your dismay.
    I hate to be confrontational, but come on; of course the Shieldwall/Dominance dailies are directly tied with Pandaria's content and lore. They are in Pandaria, bringing war to the continent, and deal intensely with both Horde/Alliance lore, as well as Mogu lore.

To say otherwise is just... well, it's a lie.

and walking all the way up to level 40