Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If I'm the only one left I'll kill myself...

If my family survives then I guess I'll keep on living.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of Apocalypse we talking here?

First steps:

1.) Get get bio-hazard suits to help survive all the diseases from the rotting corpses.
    2.) Find a large supply of portable food and water (Grocery store.) And a capable vehicle - land rover or something to store it.
    3.) Get *more* ammunition.
    4.) Find a HAM radio to attempt to make contact with other survivors.

Going from the above...

Mass epidemic that wipes out 95% of human life but I'm one of the lucky 5% immune - Search for survivors, start up a colony try and set up a colony in a temperate climate.

Massive climate change - Get to a warmer region asap, before winter sets in.

WWIII - Go north, Far North...

Zombie - Guns, lot's of guns. And cardio.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarela View Post
    If I'm the only one left I'll kill myself...
    Not too very likely. The earth is too large a place for you to be able to be sure that there's nobody left, which means the drive to live and find other survivors would pretty much keep you alive. Or at least trying.
    Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Massive climate change - Get to a warmer region asap, before winter sets in.
    In this case, it's probably better to head north. Heat kills more than cold does.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    What cool new name would you come up for yourself? I think I would take the name "snake Plissken" lol!
    ^ i lawled man that movie was so awesome !

anyway id prob gather supplys and move as a rogue from place to place too ... i dont play nice with others ... then again the downside to this is you will prob die alone ='(

Kinda hard to say, depends a lot on the situation. Follow if there is a strong moral leader, lead if there isn't. If I'm alone I'd most likely just try and find a library to live in that hasn't been destroyed. If I get bored I'd probably take a trip out to california and try to find a backup of Burning Crusade on Blizzard's servers so I could enjoy WoW every now and then, not like finding fuel or generators would be hard.
    Last edited by oplawlz; 2012-12-28 at 01:58 AM. Reason: clarification

Deleted
    Rule the planet, and build myself a pyramid.

Deleted
    Go mad, probably. Quite sure I'd lose my mind.

First thing I'd do is get myself a gun. Second thing I'd do is go people hunting. Sorry but if you got a ton of food, guns, women I'm going to stalk and kill you for your shiz.

But hey only if there was an apocalypse and I survive it. Only if.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeBlader View Post
    Rule the planet, and build myself a pyramid.
    That's the spirit that humanity needs to prevail! :P Opportunity.

Go to my family's cabin in the UP and live there.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Fix myself a martini. I know, it's early, too early to drink on a normal day, but I think if it would come it would have to be at 9am. Right after a normal day begins, not a cloud in the sky...these things always catch everyone with their pants down....
    ANYWAYS.
    I'd fix myself a martini, and possibly play some tennis. I don't play tennis, but wtf, it's the end of the world, do what you like
    After that maybe I'd take a walk on the beach and eat a taco...then go for a nap.

I dunno, it just doesn;t phase me anymore. I'm not worried about that stuff, it's more like a fun notion. Sick? Possibly. But I think it might be good times.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    Probably looking for other people and try to enjoy the view while traveling, better than getting mad I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Regardless though, it's not like every vehicle would be suddenly conjured onto roads in a road-block fashion.
    It always did bother me that every single movie apocalypse apparently happens during rush hour.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    It always did bother me that every single movie apocalypse apparently happens during rush hour.
    No, it's because people were trying to escape from the urban centers when whatever it was that happened, happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a fully stocked bug out bag, a couple rifles, a 9mm pistol, and knives.

As far as supplies go I am COVERED

I'll likely go to an area that has arable land, game, and a sparse population. Ideal places would be upper Alberta, Montana, North Dakota, Idaho, or even Nebraska.

The most important thing to consider if the fact that you will have to make tough choices, like leaving injured family members. Being armed is the most important though, because all the training and supplies you have are an illusion without the means to protect them.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

If I have learned anything from media portrayals of the apocalypse, I would begin hoarding bottle caps and avoiding Thunderdomes and people who insist that they run bartertown.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post

I'll likely go to an area that has arable land, game, and a sparse population. Ideal places would be upper Alberta, Montana, North Dakota, Idaho, or even Nebraska.

The most important thing to consider if the fact that you will have to make tough choices, like leaving injured family members. Being armed is the most important though, because all the training and supplies you have are an illusion without the means to protect them.
    The problem with fire-arms is that they're easily reduced to dead weight. They don't last, because their ammunition doesn't last. Meanwhile, they take up weight and space that could have been dedicated to a piece of equipment that does last. It's probably worth it to take a handgun, but it should be reserved for use as a weapon only, not a hunting implement, and it should be discarded the moment your ammunition runs out. Which brings us to another problem: How much ammunition are you going to take with you?

(Cross)bows are a much better option because their ammunition can be re-used, broken parts can be replaced (at the cost of drawing power), ammunition can be replaced (at the cost of accuracy), but all in all, they're a much more reliable tool for survival.

Your post hints on the 'every man for themselves' ideology. But in a case of such a crisis, I think it's more important what you can bring to the table than how well you can defend yourself. Also: The best way to defend yourself from raiders is to not be in places where raiders are most likely to be. So you'll want to avoid urban areas; not only because of raiders, but also because of the increased risk of plagues.

Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    It would be useless because the roads would be clogged with abandon vehicles.

That all depends on what happened and at what time. Say some bombs went off at 3 am and wiped out cities then you would have tons of empty roads. If we had some sort of crazy outbreak or something like that then they would be clogged like in The Walking Dead.

With almost all of my family, friends and ppl I really care about being so far from where I live now, I don't really know if i would want to live through something like this. Luckily I don't have any allergies or medical needs that would be an issue if this were to happen right now. There would certainly be a lot of ppl in some serious trouble once their meds ran out or were forced to eat whatever they could come by.

---------- Post added 2012-12-27 at 09:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post

It was nice of Mary Poppins to let you use her hand bag to store your lifetime supply of equipment.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Really situation dependent but I'd look for other people to try and make a community with, and not for the propagation of the human race or anything like that either. Not particularly interested in living on if I had no one to live for/with. "I Am Legend" did a pretty good job of summing up the solo life in the event of an apocalyptic event, and even if you're not looking at a scenario with zombies or other predators think about how lonely a life by yourself would be, even in a place like Manhattan. I guess if you had a hermit-type personality or something you could make it work for you, but living like that and wondering if I was really the only person alive or if I should push out and try to find other people.

Didn't we all just survive the apocalypse? I thought that whole thing went down on the 21st? So... Having survived the apocalypse I have continued gaming!