Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowbaq View Post
    I can't log on every single day for 1h, but I can play 20H in a week end. Dailies are not meant to my play style.
    I feel your pain. I think I'd be much more inclined to do the 'dailies' if most were retuned as weeklies. There just doesnt seem to be much progress to most of them on a daily basis, and (GL especially) involve a pretty hefty time investment once the carrot of unlocking valor gear is pointless.

Personally, I'd like to see more guild challenges.

Non-rated BG challenges with say, 3 guildmembers, guild achieves tied to pet battles, and scenarios only requiring 2 members for guild credit.

Supposedly scenarios were intended for smaller groups of players, and yet... require the same number of players for guild credit...
    Last edited by Halicia; 2012-12-29 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I just wonder, what you guys would like to do in WoW besides of dailys. What would you like to see in the future patches that would make people do this everyday and enjoy it?

I've been leveling roughly 5 pets per day up to 25 and reselling them on AH with a nice profit. There is hardly anything else I do in wow lately. Ah, and the pandaren tamer dailies, for the pandaren spirit pets.

The levelling progression path idea to me seems like a no-brainer. What you do you want to do out in the world? Level! You need to go from 1 to max level repeatedly on the same toon to unlock prizes. Its an idea every MMO should have. The entire point of an MMO is to immerse yourself in this massive world with people running all about. A levelling progression path accomplishes that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Give shell a 9999 yard range and a 10 sec cd.
    They could also increase the cast time of mounting flying mounts to 10 seconds, while regular mounts stay as they are.
    World pvp fixed.
    As long as you do that only on PVP servers, I'm fine with that. But please leave other servers alone.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Never understood the whole thing about "what should we be doing else?". The awnser is nothing. Fuck all. Or rather, in future patches, I hope Blizzard realise that not everyone loves this game so mucht they can't stand not playing it. I am a raider, I only ever want to raid. That's right,. I want to log 1 second before my raid starts and log off the second it ends. That's 16 hours in a week, but what should I do with all the other time I have?
    Not everyone is a raider.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    I play other games, I do sports, I watch the television. Dailies are terrible design, you know how to prove that? Very simple test. If there wasn't any rewards would people still do it? Raids? Yep they would, this has be proven in many many mmos, aslong as it has a healthbar people will want to kill it. Pvp? Certainly, also proven by stuff like "world pvp". Dailies? Oh fuck no. If there was no rewards for doing a dailiy. As in the mobs doesn't drop anything and you got no rewards from the quest, nobody on the planet would do a daily.
    And if the boss didn't drop loot or gold, no one (except maybe some hardcore guilds) would raid. Your point is?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    And if the boss didn't drop loot or gold, no one (except maybe some hardcore guilds) would raid. Your point is?
    That dailies are junk content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    That dailies are junk content.
    Then don't do them, no one is forcing you.
    Besides, dailies were there since BC and no one seemed to complain about Quel'Danas dailies, or Ogri'la or Skyguard. Not to mention argent tournament.
    MMO player

Deleted
    Besides, dailies were there since BC and no one seemed to complain about Quel'Danas dailies, or Ogri'la or Skyguard. Not to mention argent tournament.
    What if dailies give things that a raiding guild expects members to have?
    Oh wait you're a casual who doesn't play pve competitively, like everyone who says "no one is forcing you".

10+ Year Old Account
    What if dailies give things that a raiding guild expects members to have?
    If you're a raider and you're expected to do whatever you need to improve your raiding, then you deliberately commit to do those things, so stop complaining. Personally, I would rather do dailies than farm mana pots and mana oils like in BC.

Also, unless you play in a really really top guild, no one will expect you to spend 3 charms weekly, especially in the long run.

Oh wait you're a casual who doesn't play pve competitively, like everyone who says "no one is forcing you".
    What makes you think I'm a casual? Unless 16 hours of raiding and about 40 hours of wow a week suddenly became casual... XD
    MMO player

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    but there should still be more random stuff that you find even without looking.
    Where's the fun in that?

I prefer doing difficult and obscure tasks out in the world. Generally all repetitive content is fun to me, even dailies, but I also like the one-off experiences. Things like long, difficult, and expensive quest chains for awesome items, class necessities, or access to things like vendors, dungeons, attunements, and other perks; farming mobs for unusual drops that are used in crafting recipes for items that are novel/not mandatory for progression; going to optional places in dungeons for obscure boss drops or recipes/items lying on the floor.

I want to play a game that rewards effort and time investment with progression and character improvement; the heart and soul of the MMORPG. There is more of that in MoP than there was in WotLK and Cata combined, but there could be more, and none of it should revolve around queuing.

If you're a raider and you're expected to do whatever you need to improve your raiding, then you deliberately commit to do those things, so stop complaining. Personally, I would rather do dailies than farm mana pots and mana oils like in BC.
    I don't think you should be forced into boring, repetitive content that takes zero skill just because you want to be a competitive raider. Also, BC had a lot of things wrong, and I'm glad a lot of the grind was removed.

Also, unless you play in a really really top guild, no one will expect you to spend 3 charms weekly, especially in the long run.
    I disagree. Most people I've talked to hold charms as important as gems and enchants. If you can't get that stuff, you don't get to raid.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-12-29 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    That's just BS. They haven't stopped making dungeons and raids and anything else because we now have lots of dailies. The only thing lazy here is your thinking. It's not a matter of opinions. If Blizzard was lazy they wouldn't create 100 brand new tree models and soil textures for every single new zone they make. You are doing the same thing Blizzard does when it makes errors, you are using tunnel vision and focusing on the problems you care about to the exclusion of everything not in your tunnel vision. Blizzard's main concern is not money, their main concern is in doing what they love to do for a living, which takes money to do.
    In what way is gameplay enhanced by tree models?

And you're insane if you think as a publicly traded company that Blizzard's main concern is not money. They're not a public service, they're not the non-profit keeper of the rules of a public domain sport, they are a business and while the employees may enjoy their jobs, just like everyone else, they care if they keep them because their employer remains profitable.

Companies are not people and cannot be "lazy". They can and do cut corners to save money and increase profits and denying it just makes any valid points you may have weaker when coupled with statements to the effect that somehow Blizzard isn't concerned with making money like every other corporation in the world.

And at OP: Why should we have to want or name what we want to do "out in the world"? If for whatever reason Blizzard believes having characters out in the world is more important than happy customers, then they need to devise ways to get those players out in the world AND keep them happy. Bribing players into boring content will work for a while.

Players being out in the world is neither here nor there. Players having fun is what matters and placing fun below catchphrases that have no real meaning like "out in the world" is just constraining design. I'm out in the world almost every day doing dailies and my only impact on other players is taking their groundspawns and killing the same mobs they need to complete the same boring quests I'm doing.

Do you really think that improves their gameplay at all?
    Last edited by hyphnos; 2012-12-29 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted

If one is committed to do whatever, isn't that person more likely to care about the things blizzard gives for players to work with. As opposed to ppl who do things in more casual manner with no real incentive to care about improving their chars.

The golden lotus daily grind was a mistake, similar to some things in vanilla blizzard removed from game. Problem is blizzard can't pick a middleground with doing instances vs quests.

And raiding guilds don't expect ppl to farm coins when they might drop bis loot for them weekly? relly?

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to take a break from dailies, got burnt out on them after hitting exalted with Golden Lotus (finally and yay!). So I am leveling my alts. Might switch my spriest to a healer, my dps has been just awful since hitting the heroic dungeons. Need to work on my proffs. Probably do more archy as well. Farming I don't mind and doesn't count as a daily grind in my opinion.

tbh I want solo scenarios but with random generated maps, like 100000000 of maps you'll never ge thte same layout, none gives the same reward, to avoid fansites browsing everything and handing everything out on a silverplate, because thats whats taking the fun out of the game.
    I remember back when I played Zelda 1 on NES, had to find everything myself or gamble on a nintendo magasine having some walkthroughs, that was fun, I used a long time to figure out the maze, where you had to go a specific direction to get to a castle.

This is because you could get Shattered Sun or Skyguard rep without doing dailies
    Ogrila dailies were ok because it was the only faction in the game that was dailies only

at first i hated doing dailies, but after a few days of it, it started to grow on me..

i think Cata just made us all extremely lazy and self-entitled, at least it might have for me

Why not create a more interesting way of obtaining gear that is epic instead of doing 48324908242 dailies for them? I remember playing EQ2 and doing huge, giant quest chains that took you everywhere, killing mobs, running around an entire map to collect and combine things, going into a dungeon and then killing one final thing. That shit was fun and rewarding.

There has never really been anything to do in the world in the first place. I've been playing this game for years and most of it is spent in a dungeon, in a raid, or in a city. The only time I care about "the world" is when I'm leveling, and even then, until MoP, I couldn't give a damn about the world or scenery. You think you're "out and about" because you're running to a dungeon? Doing a daily? Herbing?

I'm not sure what I'd like to see, maybe something similar to GW2, where everyone goes to events to kill things, everyone gets credit. Similar to Rifts in Rift, going and closing them, collecting a currency. Dailies are stupid, that's all I have to say. You can love 'em and enjoy them, but as for me... they can go to hell. If you can't make them interesting or create something more interesting, then that kind of sucks. I really hope in the next expansion they take the time to change some things about the game like daily quests.
    Last edited by chocobo606; 2012-12-29 at 09:11 PM.

As long as you do that only on PVP servers, I'm fine with that. But please leave other servers alone.

---------- Post added 2012-12-29 at 05:09 PM ----------

Not everyone is a raider.

I didn't mean to say remove them, just have them give rewards that are actually in proportion to what you're doing.

The point is that the content has worth in and of itself.

Better designed dailies. Seriously, awful quest designers. I'm telling you: they have no creativity left. Have you ever done a quest in WoW recently that was actually engaging with a story that didn't remind you of the main plot? I haven't. It seems every time you get away from something mentioning the Cataclysm or Deathwing, it comes and slaps you in the face again constantly reminding you that you are in a small world. All of the Cataclysm quests were a downgrade of what we had before even though the fluidity was better. MoP quests are just a repeat of Cataclysm except, this time, it's the Sha. I think each zone should have a unique plot and its own identity. It creates more depth and overall a better feel.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2012-12-30 at 01:11 PM.