Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Dailies have three things already - charms, rep, and valor.
    But not gear (at least not directly, as there are more efficient ways to obtain valor)

Raiders don't need any reputation thanks to the new item upgrade system. Charms are still a problem, though.
    First, not everyone is a raider. Second, if I understand you correctly, you basically advocate a model where a raider would just have to log in for the raid and log out, with nothing else in between. Problem is, such a model never existed in WoW, and probably never will. Raiding always had a "support" activity built in, like consumable farming (which is imo several orders of magnitude more annoying compared to dailies - yet I don't see anyone complaining about it), rep grinding or daily quests. Why do you only realize it now is beyond my understanding.

Furthermore, you need 90 charms a week, which translates into 45 dailies, which isn't that bad as you're attempting to describe, especially if you're wearing raid-quality DPS gear allowing you to plow through regular 90 mobs.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Want people to go out in the world? Remove LFD. Remove LFR. Remove summons. Remove Flying Mounts.

Lots of people out in the world.

Reality? Never happening. So yeah, the incredibly boring dailies are the 'solution'.
    But people we not out in the world except to fly to the BG queue points and to get to the dungeons unless you were lazy and wanted a meeting stone summon. People have always sat in cities spamming LFG, selling their services and shooting the shit. LFD and LFR are just excuses used by lazy players not to be social or going out of cities. The fact that we have queues makes it possible to get out yet people refuse to do so. That is on the players not Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny though because now, after I'm done with ALL factions. Got all the mount rewards from all factions (and dailies automatically) I don't know what to do. MoP is so focused around daily/weekly stuff it's actually unbelievable. And now, after I'm done with the daily stuff, and cap the weekly stuff within a day I've nothing to do besides lvl YET AGAIN another 90..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    It's funny though because now, after I'm done with ALL factions. Got all the mount rewards from all factions (and dailies automatically) I don't know what to do. MoP is so focused around daily/weekly stuff it's actually unbelievable. And now, after I'm done with the daily stuff, and cap the weekly stuff within a day I've nothing to do besides lvl YET AGAIN another 90..
    Once I hit exalted with all factions and killed all rares, I now collect pets
    MMO player

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Except that putting rep in dungeons is IMHO not a good option, because it concentrates all three available things (rep, valor and gear) in one place.
    And any other alternative will not appease the whiners because they were too accustomed to that system during LK and Cata.

---------- Post added 2012-12-30 at 07:09 PM ----------

If you have time to waste on traveling, that's your choice. I'd rather do dailies (and at the end stop doing them because I hit exalted - like I am now) then hoof my way to dungeons (which I'll always do to cap valor).
    With who? Whats the point on travelling alone in a MMO. There is no adventure if there is noone on the road so I alt-tab and do other things

I wouldn't mind dailies if there weren't so many thrown in my face. And if the whole patch revolves around dailies such as 5.1 then I won't enjoy it because with sooooo many dailies in this game adding more dailies doesn't seem like the right path to go down in my opinion. 5.2 will probably be nothing but dailies other than the new raid which will probably have dailies inside it. There's just too many dailies and it's easy to get burned out on them quickly when you have klaxxi, shado-pan, august celestials, golden lotus, order of the cloud serpent, anglers, and now dominance point. I understand people need things to do but daily repetitive quests for so many factions all at once is not fun but hey it's optional and I haven't done dailies in over a month.

As to what I do when I'm in the World of Warcraft not raiding. I farm rare mobs for ethereal shards to use for my sha crystal cd every day as well as the rares in jade forest and karasang wilds for the epic weapons to de and the epic pants to sell.

Second, if I understand you correctly, you basically advocate a model where a raider would just have to log in for the raid and log out, with nothing else in between.
    Not advocating that. I'm just saying there should be alternatives to daily quests for the same rewards. Whether that's from dungeons, rares, optional mini bosses, challenge modes, or whatever other ideas, having more options is not a bad thing.

Problem is, such a model never existed in WoW, and probably never will. Raiding always had a "support" activity built in, like consumable farming (which is imo several orders of magnitude more annoying compared to dailies - yet I don't see anyone complaining about it), rep grinding or daily quests. Why do you only realize it now is beyond my understanding.
    Patch 4.3 was like that, and if the raid tier was as good as this one I doubt many raiders would have complained. And consumables can just be bought off the auction house.

Furthermore, you need 90 charms a week, which translates into 45 dailies, which isn't that bad as you're attempting to describe, especially if you're wearing raid-quality DPS gear allowing you to plow through regular 90 mobs.
    That's an hour or two of doing chores each week. Doing chores is not how I want to spend my leisure time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not advocating that. I'm just saying there should be alternatives to daily quests for the same rewards. Whether that's from dungeons, rares, optional mini bosses, challenge modes, or whatever other ideas, having more options is not a bad thing.
    Sure, if you're talking rares or challenge modes, this makes sense. What I'm saying is that everything shouldn't just be stuffed into dungeons the way Cata (and LK) did that. Especially with LFD. Dailies at least attempt to make the world look like one - badly, perhaps - but they try.

Patch 4.3 was like that, and if the raid tier was as good as this one I doubt many raiders would have complained. And consumables can just be bought off the auction house.
    I would really not pick 4.3 as a reference point on anything, much less raiding. 4.3 overdid it to correct the damage caused by the initial Cata mistakes.

That's an hour or two of doing chores each week. Doing chores is not how I want to spend my leisure time.
    Chores have been part of wow since its beginning, why would it change now? And again, dailies is not the worst chore that you can have in an MMO.
    MMO player

Chores have been part of wow since its beginning, why would it change now? And again, dailies is not the worst chore that you can have in an MMO.
    Eh, to me it really is the worst chore. I'm the type of person that levels in dungeons and battlegrounds over questing as much as possible. I'm the type of person who AoE grinds for black prince rep rather than do Shieldwall daily quests. I really can't think of anything I dislike more than questing.

And again, all I'm asking for here is more options. What could be bad about having more options, each one taking approximately the same effort? Also, wasn't one of the goals of MoP for players to have different options? Why are daily quest rewards an exception to that?

10+ Year Old Account
    And again, all I'm asking for here is more options. What could be bad about having more options, each one taking approximately the same effort? Also, wasn't one of the goals of MoP for players to have different options? Why are daily quest rewards an exception to that?
    I'm not against that. What I'm against is the LK/Cata approach of "let's stuff everything in dungeons".
    However, this means that you'll have to put those options in something else than dungeons (obviously) or raids (because not everyone raids).

And what I'm saying that even that will cause a lot of whine because people are too accustomed to the easy Cata model.

Basically, no matter how many options you will put in (as long as it's not dungeons - cf. supra) people will whine. Maybe you won't, I don't know, but a lot of people still will.
    MMO player

I think Blizzard solves a couple of the problems with dailies/rep in 5.2 with the Tillers update and basically making it your home.
    I think 5.0 was a good try to see how people react to this kind of system.

The start of the expansion always gives you plenty to do but the way they implement dailies like in krasarang 5.1 and the new daily hub in 5.2 I think they're going in the right direction.

If they make these factions integrate more with dungeons and scenarios I think they're solving lots of problems people are having, giving us players more options to get our rep and coins but in a relatively even pace.

What do people want?

Something that isn't in this game at the moment, I'd wager. Gameplay elements that no one thinks of, because they're so locked into the typical MMO grind styles, they can't see anything else.

Absolutely nothing. I want to sit in Stormwind and spam Heroics for my rep, do some BGs, and then do my weekly raids. Why do I have to be out in the world doing anything once I am max level? This isnt a sandbox MMO.