Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Surely you must feel the same way about Stalin, Mao, Che, and castro when his decrepted ass finally kicks the bucket.
    Exactly, I feel the same for them aswell. Every muderer should be punished, his political, national, religional background doesnt matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatlatitla View Post
    Exactly, I feel the same for them aswell. Every muderer should be punished, his political, national, religional background doesnt matter.
    Hmmmph, enlighting, especially since in a previous thread you endorced "eliminateing" the rich to spread the wealth.

I fail to see how the late General was a murderer or any of the other adjectives you used to describe him. The Kuwaiti people were still pretty thankful for their liberation the last time i was there in 2010.

The late General led a combined forces war that lasted less than 4 days and defeated a much larger standing army while liberating a occupied nation.

Kudos to him

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    he probably would have made a decent president, one of the better high ranking generals since the 90s. said to see him pass.
    He was a Democrat and the Democrats were trying to get him to run in 2000, but he didn't want any part of the political system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Hmmmph, enlighting, especially since in a previous thread you endorced "eliminateing" the rich to spread the wealth.

I fail to see how the late General was a murderer or any of the other adjectives you used to describe him. The Kuwaiti people were still pretty thankful for their liberation the last time i was there in 2010.

The late General led a combined forces war that lasted less than 4 days and defeated a much larger standing army while liberating a occupied nation.

Kudos to him
    He did a good job, the only thing he fucked up was not wrapping it up completely, forcing us to go in for round 2.

Deleted
    Why do you think by "elmination" I meant killing them....

Well to be fair, the Iraq army may have been larger in numbers but their technology was stuck in like 1970 ? Not hard to defeat 100000 army of swordmen with 150 modern soldiers and 10 tanks. (little exagerration)

I fail to see how the late General was a murderer or any of the other adjectives you used to describe him.
    Just search for yourself the civilian deaths since the US "liberation" and the chaos which is still there, also I dont call liberation when the "x" army liberates the "y" nation and then keeps their armed forces there, thats an occupation.( I mean the 2nd gulf war) By that logic I could also say that Hitler liberated Poland....

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    He did a good job, the only thing he fucked up was not wrapping it up completely, forcing us to go in for round 2.
    Without a doubt, but the generals follow the orders of the president and GHWB wasn't having none of it.

For better or for worse I guess, kinda wish that they had took saddam down then while we had a true "international" coalition. Would have saved me 39 months of time i spent in that shithole in the last 6 years.

I just wanted to point out hatlatitas ignorance to him.

Why do you think by "elmination" I meant killing them....

Well to be fair, the Iraq army may have been larger in numbers but their technology was stuck in like 1970 ? Not hard to defeat 100000 army of swordmen with 150 modern soldiers and 10 tanks. (little exagerration)

Just search for yourself the civilian deaths since the US "liberation" and the chaos which is still there, also I dont call liberation when the "x" army liberates the "y" nation and then keeps their armed forces there, thats an occupation.( I mean the 2nd gulf war) By that logic I could also say that Hitler liberated Poland....

here we go.

1. You said to "eliminate" the rich. eliminate means to remove or get rid of, especially as being in some way undesirable.

2. While the iraqi army was outdated it did still possess a large number of semi-modern tanks and SAM systems. At the time it was estimated that we would lose 1/4 of our aircraft if we were to invade iraq at that time.

3.Kuwait has asked us to stay.....im not sure what your getting at here. Our military bases in kuwait are there with the blessing and at the reuqest of the kuwaiti gov't. Afer DS1 we didn't have any offical military bases in iraq.

As fas as Saudi goes, the same thing they asked us to protect them from saddam as they felt they were next on his shit list.

Deleted
    here we go.
    3.Kuwait has asked us to stay.....im not sure what your getting at here. Our military bases in kuwait are there with the blessing and at the reuqest of the kuwaiti gov't. Afer DS1 we didn't have any offical military bases in iraq.
    I mean the US forces in Iraq, what are they doing there ? Protecting people from themselves or ? Imo the US guards middle east so well because of the huge oil riches underground, if there was no oil the US wouldnt give a sh1t about middle east.

I mean the US forces in Iraq, what are they doing there ?
    what does that have to do with the first gulf war?
    Last edited by Olo; 2012-12-28 at 08:37 PM.

What an unbelievably great General. Your leadership and commitment to the nation will be truly missed and you will always remain a treasure to our nation. It's rare nowadays that you see our military leaders stand aside when they hang up their uniform and retire, you see many of them instead swap uniforms for the political parties. I mainly disagree with this practice but I still ask myself if a General were to run the office of President, who would I like to see do it? I have two answers, Schwarzkopf and Powell.

General Schwarzkopf was mainly an independent, I say mainly due to the fact that he leaned more to the right than he did to the left but I am happy to see a person not so rigid that he follows a strict party line; you need to be flexible. I respect a man that can make tough choices, period. He had considerable influence on whether to proceed further into Iraq or stick to the original mission. I personally praise both Bush Sr. and the general for sticking to the mission and doing it fantastically.

Now if I could only get Colin Powell to run for President.

Stormin Norman is now Stormin the Gates of Heaven, A great American has passed.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I mean the US forces in Iraq, what are they doing there ? Protecting people from themselves or ? Imo the US guards middle east so well because of the huge oil riches underground, if there was no oil the US wouldnt give a sh1t about middle east.
    Always a intresting discussion.

For the most part the U.S. military is out of iraq with the exception of a military contingent at the embassy.

To date we haven't gotten much in the way of oil from iraq. Non-Us countries have done the majority of the bidding for the various oil contracts in iraq.

If we really wanted the oil in iraq we could have took it..period...end of story. The fact that we were there for 10 years and didn't take any disproves your point.

Also as a matter of fact, as a % europe gets more of its oil supply from the middle east than we do. Our presence in the middle east has benefited your energy economy than our own by keeping a violatile region of the world fairly quiet.

Deleted
    Always a intresting discussion.

For the most part the U.S. military is out of iraq with the exception of a military contingent at the embassy.

To date we haven't gotten much in the way of oil from iraq. Non-Us countries have done the majority of the bidding for the various oil contracts in iraq.

If we really wanted the oil in iraq we could have took it..period...end of story. The fact that we were there for 10 years and didn't take any disproves your point.

Also as a matter of fact, as a % europe gets more of its oil supply from the middle east than we do. Our presence in the middle east has benefited your energy economy than our own by keeping a violatile region of the world fairly quiet.
    I wanted to say that the US army guards the oil fields from geopolitical point of view, the EU is an ally to US so ofc they want the oil to be used by the EU aswell.

But in hypothetical situation when lets say EU or China stops being "friends" with the US they could use their forces there to stop oil export to these countries and I dont need to say what it would do to EU or China economy.

Deleted
    The early operation was the good part, what Rumsfeld and Cheney pushed for in the aftermath was what caused the problems. So I don't know much about this General, but he deserves credit for being very effective in his role.

But in hypothetical situation when lets say EU or China stops being "friends" with the US they could use their forces there to stop oil export to these countries and I dont need to say what it would do to EU or China economy.
    The military contingent in Iraq isn’t in control of the oil fields. Besides, a single virginia sub could close the straits of hormuz on its own.

Still trying to figure out how this has anything to do with Schwarzkopf.

I wanted to say that the US army guards the oil fields from geopolitical point of view, the EU is an ally to US so ofc they want the oil to be used by the EU aswell.

Your speaking with alot of hypotheticals

This one being pretty unrealistic.

Why would the U.S. cut off energy supplies to our 2 largest trading partners? We live in a global economy, any ripples in the world evergy supply causes pain for all of us.

Deleted

Why would the U.S. cut off energy supplies to our 2 largest trading partners? We live in a global economy, any ripples in the world evergy supply causes pain for all of us.
    I already said it, why it would ? The US uses its force to control world resources producing areas (middle east is perfect example) therefor they control indirectly other countries which are dependant on the oil, not a hard point to grasp. It is all about global dominance and "game" on geopolitical scale.

The oil is one of the most important resource in our age, the top producers of Oil is Russia, Middle East and the USA. The US obviously controls their own oil fields and now midle east (almost) aswell and is speculating about war with Iran (another country rich on oil and mostly natural gas, what a coincidence:-), so there is last large "player" in the oil game which is Russia, ofc the US would never dare to step there with their military, unless they wish to be annihilated.

Getting the picture of the stuff now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I already said it, why it would ? The US uses its force to control world resources producing areas (middle east is perfect example) therefor they control indirectly other countries which are dependant on the oil, not a hard point to grasp. It is all about global dominance and "game" on geopolitical scale.

The oil is one of the most important resource in our age, the top producers of Oil is Russia, Middle East and the USA. The US obviously controls their own oil fields and now midle east (almost) aswell and is speculating about war with Iran (another country rich on oil and mostly natural gas, what a coincidence:-), so there is last large "player" in the oil game which is Russia, ofc the US would never dare to step there with their military, unless they wish to be annihilated.

Getting the picture of the stuff now ?
    The US is hardly as realist or prone to scheming as you make it out to be. Point of fact, the US is one of the more naive powers when it comes to foreign policy.

We're getting 'your' picture, which is not necessarily the truth. The US military and even a combined European military would not be 'annihilated' by Russia owing to the gap in materiel and the currently dilapidated state of Russian inftrastructure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    He led a pre-planned war against Iraq
    Newsflash, Govenments everywhere have detailed plans on how to best defend, or invade a country if it is need.
    do you really think that they come up with a plan of action when its needed ?

/salute to his family and those that knew him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

We're getting 'your' picture, which is not necessarily the truth. The US military and even a combined European military would not be 'annihilated' by Russia owing to the gap in materiel and the currently dilapidated state of Russian inftrastructure.
    I never claimed that "my" view on stuff is the only 100% truth, but when I look at world politics, it isnt coincidence imho (the us military presence in middle east), but nvm. Also why do you think that EU army would attack Russia.... they tried 3 times, failed miserably 3 times :P