Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are Enhancement Shamans viable in PvP?

I just want to ask actually players, and not some theory "guide" on whats what.

So quickly, I was wondering if Enhancement is any good in MoP for PvP? Honestly haven't seen ANY since Mist launch, mostly everyone is Resto. Is it worth working at getting geared for it?
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Enh has very strong cds and has several viable 3s comps.
    It can absolutely demolish in normal Bgs if you have a pocket-healer friend.
    SO yeah, it's good. Far better than it has been the last 4 seasons.

Deleted
    They are doing fine. Just keep away from 2s. We are at the very buttom when it comes to 2s.
    Getting raped by absolutely everything within inch of seconds, if you dont have any healers on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderchain View Post
    They are doing fine. Just keep away from 2s. We are at the very buttom when it comes to 2s.
    Getting raped by absolutely everything within inch of seconds, if you dont have any healers on you.
    It's far worse in RBG. Every compeitive RBG team focusses an enhancer because they are by far the easiest to kill.

Anf if you have a healer, every dps class can do some nice damage in bg since i even suspect your opponents are geared worse than you in most cases. Too many very low geared players in normal BG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, looks like it'll be a waste of time. Thanks.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Well, looks like it'll be a waste of time. Thanks.
    lol, seriously?
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicline View Post
    lol, seriously?
    well basicly he is right etleast atm (there are some serious changes to burst and healing coming in fututre acording to blizz)
    rets, wariors, hunters, mages can easly kill you in couple cds even if you have all deffensive cds up
    imo enh and ele(ele even more than enh :P ) are most squishy specs in the game atm

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Enh is worst melee in pvp, elemental is worst caster or nearly worst caster. Every shaman who wants to go the easy way in PVP just goes resto.

Fact is: they don't care for enhancement pvp. We are weaker than rogues, yet they receive nice buffs.

So if you ahve the choice of gchoosing a main for pvp: it's a lot easier to find a good pvp team as nearly every other melee. But Melees have more problems anyways finding a good RBG or Arena Team - as long as you're no warrior or for the last weeks, feral.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya....Enhance has never been the greatest for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone who says enhance sucks either don't know anything about enh shamans or either tried one on a PTR and thought it was all about double windfury and critting people. Enh shamans are only of the only unique melee classes, for we're not as squishy as rogues, but not as bulky as warriors/dk/paladins. With our special totems, we're able to demolish people... The trick to enhance is that it requires a lot more than just auto attacking someone and hoping windfury kills them. I played an enh shaman around 2k rating for a long time... my stats in my avatar are from wrathful season... had full wrath and t1 weps and would slaughter people in bg's... especially since I almost had over 40k health.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

This really depends on what you'd consider "viable". If you're looking to get glad, it's a pretty poor bet. If you're asking if you can have fun in BGs or get a 1700 Arena rating, then you surely can.

Deleted
    You mean having fun around 2400-2500 Arena rating?

Try:
    Shamguard at Tichondrius US
    Grollish at Stormscale EU
    Zharillð at Blackrock EU

Sorry, can't post links but you can check armory and see that they all have 2400+ rating as enhancement.

15+ Year Old Account
    well you can be obwiously carried on others back, like wariors, hunters or frost mages, i bet you can find many rogues with 2,4k+ rating and no one will argue that they are in bad shape atm (many buffs coming up in 5,2) same deal is with enhs ofc they are viable in some comps but there are many clases that are doing same shit we can but much better and with much less efort

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sixeyes View Post
    You mean having fun around 2400-2500 Arena rating?

Try:
    Shamguard at Tichondrius US
    Grollish at Stormscale EU
    Zharillð at Blackrock EU

Sorry, can't post links but you can check armory and see that they all have 2400+ rating as enhancement.
    Have you taken a look at all?

Zharillð wears a lot of blues, noe of the items got an upgrade (neither the blue items nor the conq gear).

It's a typcial case for players that got carried by an overpowered warriors in the first weeks of the content, before the warrior/hunter nerfs came.

If he did 100 3vs3 games in the next weeks, he would drop down under 2k rating.

It's possible for every specc get carried warriors/hunters/frost mages, especially pre nerf.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2013-01-01 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lap View Post
    Enh has very strong cds and has several viable 3s comps.
    It can absolutely demolish in normal Bgs if you have a pocket-healer friend.
    SO yeah, it's good. Far better than it has been the last 4 seasons.
    Disagree, I believe it was stronger in Cataclysm, especially toward the end. Wind shear was actually useful, we had better mobility and heals, and our survivability wasn't complete garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    well basicly he is right etleast atm (there are some serious changes to burst and healing coming in fututre acording to blizz)
    Given that Enh has been a pretty lousy PVP spec for like forever I wouldn't hold my breath on those changes doing anything for it relative to other specs/classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The thing about shamans is that some niche abilities like Wind Shear, Frost Shock, Ghost Wolf and other utility like totems are all designed with resto in mind. So while resto with all those abilities designed on their standards does well, they prove to be not enough for enh/ele.

Because of that, shaman utility often gets nerfed because of resto, and resto keeps the position as only really good shaman pvp spec.
    Blizz places all shaman specs under the same umbrella. That's kinda evident when looking at their responses and statements. They often use the word "shaman" when an issue really is resto specific. Not only blizzard, many players dont recognice enh/ele either. They complain about "shamans" being op in pvp, neglecting the fact that 95% of those are resto, and blizzard takes action, nerfing shamans, having problems later to justify those changes.

Blizz never approached the balancing act for the class in a more separated manner (i.e. making abilities/talents work different for each spec baseline, or handing out more spec specific abilities to begin with).

That's also the reason why we read crap like ""Hard to use" isn't enough justification for something not being dispellable, CCable, etc."
    They considered an aoe stun for a healer class powerful, so they couldn't be bothered making it competitive with melee stuns for enh or caster stuns for ele.

FAZIT: until they balance the class properly (much more separated specs), you have to give up on a fully viable dps shaman spec, wether it is enh or ele.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

3s it is, everything else outside of RANDOM BGs is 'almost' out of the question.
    Turbo cleave seems fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Enh is worst melee in pvp,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh wait, are you actually serious? Wow, you must be deluded as fuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Have you taken a look at all?

Zharillð wears a lot of blues, noe of the items got an upgrade (neither the blue items nor the conq gear).

It's a typcial case for players that got carried by an overpowered warriors in the first weeks of the content, before the warrior/hunter nerfs came.

If he did 100 3vs3 games in the next weeks, he would drop down under 2k rating.

It's possible for every specc get carried warriors/hunters/frost mages, especially pre nerf.
    Friend of mine; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Teky/advanced is @ 2300 in RBGs and 2200+ 3s as a WW monk. Is he amazing? No. Did he get carried by the broken Arms/BM combo during the first days of the season? F*** yes xD

Doesn't mean a thing