Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Well personally I can't have enough gold, gems are expensive and this means

-) Bagspace is expensive
    -) Bank-storage is expensive (can never have enough of these two, currently I have 5 bank-storage and all of them are full with crafting-mats)
    -) Character-Slots (I don't want to delete any of my lv.80s, just to be able to play a new profession/personal story path).
    -) the mystic stones to create the 250stack-tools - much better than the 25stack tools.

then there are the 20-slot bags... damn expensive, but I want them on each of my characters.
    -i agree bag slots are expensive considering they're character based (which is stupid imo considering the price : 400gems, ie half the price of a bank tab/char slot... really?) which is why i wouldn't advise anyone in buying one unless you've got so much gold you don't know what to use it for.
    -bank storage : i second that but well, it's a lot better now since they added more mats tabs (halloween update i believe?), but i too am struggling with that with all those rares i keep for my alts or for later use in forge.
    -char slots : i bought 1 in the first month when gems were cheap, bought 2 more this weekend as they were a tad cheaper (600 instead of 800 gems, cost me like 17g i think which is pretty cheap - i only got 100g at the moment, not that i'm that rich either)
    -mystic stones : i don't buy them, still got black lion salvage kits from quests rewards so i'm good for now.
    -20 slot bags : you can get 3 for "free" (huhu) using relics from fractals dungeon. it takes 600 relics to buy all three. 600 relics is nothing past some point, like level 15+ i think. other than that, well yeah, 20 slot bags are not much worth it and are one of the biggest gold dumps of the game i guess. 15 slot bags though are fine for their price imo.

though no matter its flaws we can all agree that GW2 is awesome for one reason..

Giant playable vikings >

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    That's just the point though. The content of the game wasn't built with the Cash Shop as a foundation. Anything economical will be factored into those projections, but the fundamental elements of the game aren't impacted by the Cash Shop existing. It's exactly as Fencers said, there's honestly not anything you need off of there to play the game. Not one thing.

You can look at much different and far worse games to see what a striking difference it makes. They also don't throw it in your face every two seconds, reminding you of item or feature xyz you are missing out on...because the game already exists as a complete element without the Cash Shop.
    That's funny. I was just logging in to GW 2 and this is what I saw at the log in screen.
    3 Day New Years Sale in the Gem Store – New Items Each Day!

The New Year is here, which means big savings at the Black Lion Trading Company from January 4-6!

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    That's funny. I was just logging in to GW 2 and this is what I saw at the log in screen.
    3 Day New Years Sale in the Gem Store – New Items Each Day!

The New Year is here, which means big savings at the Black Lion Trading Company from January 4-6!
    I saw that in the new section of the login screen itself. I didn't see any of that on my character select screen or in game.

Now take for example, Age of Conan. As you soon as you get in game there the cash shop pops up right in your face.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    this is what I saw at the log in screen.
    Exactly. I've never completed a quest and then been told I couldn't have my reward unless I pay for something. Or open any interface window only to be told I have to pay for something. Even games that do restrict content don't go out of their way to constantly throw it in your face. Even subscription games advertise their offers on the launcher.

actually I wouldn't even bother seeing those ads in the game, since you can buy it with ingame gold. The store isn't a cash-shop for me but rather a trading-post with expensive cosmetics.