Poll: How do you feel about LFR/LFD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Cant say that I love it, but neither can I say I hate it. As someone mentioned 5man should not be needed to be organized and the difficulty is enough, if you want to do harder you can do Challange modes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    And how do you propose to reward people by that? Raw DPS/HPS is not the best solution as the system will just favor people that queue in with better gear than LFR r or classes that have a significant advantage for certain fights. It also encourages people to cheese parts of the fight that are already trivial in an effort to pad their numbers.

If you try to base it off of mechanics, people will just flock to the mechanic that gives them the best chance at gear and ignore all else. For example, say you had a better chance of getting loot from LFR Will of the Emperor based on the number of Opportunistic Strikes you made. No one would want to focus on adds lest they reduce their chances of getting gear from that boss. Plus this method doesn't account for latency spikes which is something you can't control.

If you base it off who could benefit from an ilvl upgrade in a slot, you eliminate a big reason for people running normal/heroic raids to queue as the Valor that's gotten for a random LFR is slower than just running dungeons or scenarios.
    How about a score like 'DPS divided by ilvl'? That way neither overgeared nor underperforming people will get anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    How about a score like 'DPS divided by ilvl'? That way neither overgeared nor underperforming people will get anything.
    Would still favor over-geared players due to the non-linear scaling of item level bonuses. As for under-performing, it's entirely possible they are under-performing because of gear issues so why punish those players from getting upgrades. Certainly a case could be made that they're under-performing because they can, but the system as is can not tell.

LFR is stupid, there's WAYYYY too much carrying. Dungeons are okay.

Deleted
    LFR - i dont think ive ever heard so much bad language in LFR. the amount of swearing that goes on in those places is quite unbelievable. dont get me wrong, we all swear at some point. but the bile spouted from some players makes you wonder what goes on in some peoples heads over what is ONLY a game. im sure if their parents could hear them, they would be so proud of the way they have brought their children up. at the end of the day it is only a game & no one has actually died.

LFD - kinda boring. ive never liked the fact that you just group with random people from other realms, when you could get a perfectly good group in trade like the good old days.

I like the majority of them quite a lot.

The only dungeon I don't like is Shado-Pan Monastery, and the only LFR instance I don't like is the second half of HoF.

I find LFD / LFR good ways to practice my off-spec (Resto), since I don't get an opportunity to in my current raid group.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    LFD is one of the better things that they have added to the game, however LFR is just a pain to do

Where is the "Remove LFR/LFD from the game" option?

Both suck.

WoW has become a bad lobby game. You queue up, slug though 20/40 minutes of god awful content and then trumpet it as AAA-grade MMO experience. Really?... I am at loss for words when people refer to something as bland and boring as LFR/LFD as content. I mean c'mon on most bosses in both LFD/LFR the mechanics are either non-existent or can be safely ignored, so the whole thing is an exercise in patience more than anything else. Again, that is not quality content.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It's still stupid because it's a system that encourages meter padding over properly doing the fight which quite often not the same thing. And if you're normalizing it for ilvl then you're really not doing much anyway other than potentially punishing the over geared or the under geared which is stupid either way you look at it. I desperately need gear but I don't deserve it because I didn't do well enough on meters because geared healer destroyed the meters and I can't compete? Or the opposite person who has had horrible luck with a trinket upgrade but now has a lesser chance of getting it because the rest of their items are pretty good. Not to mention there's tons of other questions do you set bench mark X for a fight or is your performance relative to the group? What about fight X where class X owns but class Y does very poorly? How do you judge tanks on some fights? Kiters on galaron?

Bad idea all around and your suggestion really didn't improve it at all.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2013-01-01 at 11:42 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It's still stupid because it's a system that encourages meter padding over properly doing the fight which quite often not the same thing.
    Yeah, imagine Elegon with people sitting on the boss instead of doing adds and sparks!

Oh wait. That's what's happening already anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by niai View Post
    Yeah, imagine Elegon with people sitting on the boss instead of doing adds and sparks!

Oh wait. That's what's happening already anyway.
    Which once again goes back to my original point that his system more often than not isn't rewarding the type of behavior the person intending it to, i.e. doing the fight competently and properly, and if something isn't doing the primary purpose of why you feel it should exist what does that make it? If his proposed system doesn't evoke the change in behavior he wants and doesn't reward people in a sensible fashion why do we need it? I'm open for something that would improve the situation but I'll pass on an idea that actively takes a mediocre/bad situation that at best doesn't do anything and at worst makes it significantly more unpleasant.

You must be one of those people who doesn't touch the sparks.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2013-01-01 at 11:56 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    And how do you propose to reward people by that? Raw DPS/HPS is not the best solution as the system will just favor people that queue in with better gear than LFR r or classes that have a significant advantage for certain fights. It also encourages people to cheese parts of the fight that are already trivial in an effort to pad their numbers.

If you try to base it off of mechanics, people will just flock to the mechanic that gives them the best chance at gear and ignore all else. For example, say you had a better chance of getting loot from LFR Will of the Emperor based on the number of Opportunistic Strikes you made. No one would want to focus on adds lest they reduce their chances of getting gear from that boss. Plus this method doesn't account for latency spikes which is something you can't control.

If you base it off who could benefit from an ilvl upgrade in a slot, you eliminate a big reason for people running normal/heroic raids to queue as the Valor that's gotten for a random LFR is slower than just running dungeons or scenarios.

It could (and should) be based on activity imo. Too often people are afk'ing, purposely dying within a few seconds of the fight and then refusing to take the combat res. If it was based on activity, you bet that we'd see a lot less afk'ers.