Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I really don't undestand blizzard, how hard can it be to make a small hotfix that brings MM and SV to the same level as BM?
    That way everyone can play the spec they enjoy the most.
    Same thing with mages, warlocks etc.
    As a pure DPS class we should have more then 1 option, this just shows how stupid the dev team is.
    We do have more then one choice, it's just that the fight decides which choice you should make half the time, like with any other class.
    People who play BM on everything are clearly doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I really don't undestand blizzard, how hard can it be to make a small hotfix that brings MM and SV to the same level as BM?
    That way everyone can play the spec they enjoy the most.
    Same thing with mages, warlocks etc.
    As a pure DPS class we should have more then 1 option, this just shows how stupid the dev team is.
    one thing blizzard has always proven for the last 8 years is they are not good enough at their job to balance the game.

Deleted
    yeah we should be optimising BM and SV and hopefully MM soon.

Dunnu what world you're talking about but in wow, BM hasn't been top in a looooong ass time. I started playing in wrath so can't attest to before then but since then, MM and SV have been top specs going back and forth. BM has always been at the bottom. So what are you complaining about ? MM in icc, SV in cata, then MM again in mid to late t11, MM stayed top in t12, SV got boosted to top in t13. Throughout all these BM was the worst out of the three. This is the first tier since wrath that BM has been on top. One tier is too much ? Re-roll mage then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    We do have more then one choice, it's just that the fight decides which choice you should make half the time, like with any other class.
    People who play BM on everything are clearly doing it wrong.
    Well yea, SV is better on some fights but MM is proper shit on all.
    My point was that blizzard sucks ass when it comes to balancing the specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    one thing blizzard has always proven for the last 8 years is they are not good enough at their job to balance the game.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Dunnu what world you're talking about but in wow, BM hasn't been top in a looooong ass time. I started playing in wrath so can't attest to before then but since then, MM and SV have been top specs going back and forth. BM has always been at the bottom. So what are you complaining about ? MM in icc, SV in cata, then MM again in mid to late t11, MM stayed top in t12, SV got boosted to top in t13. Throughout all these BM was the worst out of the three. This is the first tier since wrath that BM has been on top. One tier is too much ? Re-roll mage then.
    Based on what I remember, BM was the top spec throughout all of Tbc. But Survival had potential to be better at a certain gear/stat point with a Wind Serpent. I think it would somewhere around T6 Survival got awesome.

Anyways, I already rolled a Mage and spammed Arcane Blast to top 3 dps in Heroic 25 ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Based on what I remember, BM was the top spec throughout all of Tbc. But Survival had potential to be better at a certain gear/stat point with a Wind Serpent. I think it would somewhere around T6 Survival got awesome.

Anyways, I already rolled a Mage and spammed Arcane Blast to top 3 dps in Heroic 25 ICC.

Very true. BM was it for TBC until almost full BiS gear allowed you to swap over with a wind serp. After that in WotLK it was BM through most of Naxx with the 1 button macro spam. MM got buffed like Arnold on roids a bit after and you ArP stacked like a mofo. If you werent ArP stacking you were doing it wrong. It was that way for the remainder of WotLK. Cata allowed SV to shine early on. The MM FOTM'ers from WotLK QQ'd and SV was beaten into oblivion. MM was back w/o the ArP. Around DS time SV started making a comback. MoP has been mostly BM with SV just now being brought up enough for me to not care about swapping back to BM for fights. I cant say I am sad MM isnt the FotM. I got my fill of it and more in WotLK.
    With that said and getting back to class balance that mage comment sure hit it on the head . I sat my hunter for a bit to in order to enjoy the no care in the world AB to victory rotation lol.
    And to the OP, its almost like every xpac has had a spec it favors for almost every class.... working as intended. Play what you want and only worry about FOTM if you are in a top 100 or so guild. They will be the only ones that really care.

Deleted
    Happy with BM being better at the moment.. It's been between SV and MM for too long..

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it really need to be? I bloody loathe BM's style and pets in general, but BM has also spent almost 2 expansion packs as the Hunter's joke spec for Pokémon lovers in the eyes of the merciless WoW community. Granted BM was (mostly) never actually that bad, but letting it sit as top spec for now must feel vindicating for people who (somehow) like the spec.

imo let BM have its time in the sun. I'd rather the specs just be close together, rather than one always beaten into submission humiliatingly so the others can get propped back up.

Ah, good ol' days when you stacked Armor Penetration as MM, then got the trinket, and when it procced you had 100% ArmP. And that was how you won the meters.

Even if all the specs were exactly the same in dps, which they can never really be, because it's all about the way you play yourself, I think I would pick BM and SV (main and off specc) over MM. I don't like how they changed Aimed shot to a 2 sec cast instead of instant at all.

Before Aimed Shot was an instant cast, it was a 3/3.5 second cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Before Aimed Shot was an instant cast, it was a 3/3.5 second cast.
    That was about the time I started raiding and I don't think I played MM ever before that. So I couldn't say. I don't like it anyway!

Deleted
    i miss MM

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I liked MM ... not for the cheesing of ArP, but just because Armor Pen was a really cool stat conceptually and it just felt nice and visceral. I can't really get into the spec these days, though. It just feels like Surv, but more annoying and less natural/flexible.

One neat thing about MM is how you game cast-time versus instant shots based on dynamic Haste. I wish they played that aspect up more, making Haste to MM sort of like Mana to Arcane and the cycle about timing when to pop Haste and dump Aimed. That's why I like the idea of Rapid Fire as an MM-only special, with BW as BM's special thing and Surv getting something that feels right.

Oh well. As long as Surv is still reasonably competitive/fun, I'm not complaining.

Deleted
    ArP was the bomb i remember farming deathbringers will and lookng cool as fuck.

More ninjaing and QQ'ing has been done over DBW than anything in the game. Good times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Hunter specs have previously had a history of all having their time to shine in a given expansion. Personally, I'm hoping to see BM nerfed to the ground (or other specs buffed, rather) asap, as it really isn't my favourite spec and I would love to have an excuse to play SV/MM.

So, Hunter community; I raise you the following question: When (if at all) do you think either SV or MM will become the new 'FotM'?
    Nerfed to the ground is a little harsh.

Would be fine with something else taking the spot so I can stay BM and still beat them.

If you don't like BM, don't play it. MM was top for how long? Never once considered playing MM. To hell with FotM, play what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by GermGerm View Post
    BM hasn't been top that long, ffs. I prefer Marks so much more, but how many tiers was MM the top spec? Let BM shine for a little bit, what about the people that prefer BM? They've waited how long for it to be viable? lol
    Always been viable. People just need to not suck at it.
    Last edited by De Lupe; 2012-12-29 at 06:52 AM.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Deleted
    yeah unless your HC raiding tbh can play what ever spec you want.

First of all you can play whatever spec you want when you don't need to min/max to the extreme. Furthermore the difference between BM and SV isn't so big. In theory SV is better than BM by 0.2% so that both should do the same amount of damage. When looking at real parses the difference between BM and SV is 6.2% in favor for BM but you have to keep in mind, that there are more parses for BM than SV and that more people with BM spec have better gear so that the numbers aren't really representative.

So there is only a noticeable difference between BM and SV because a lot of people think that BM is better and abandoned SV and pushed BM further in the higher ranks. In reality SV is as good and in some fights even better than BM but you'll probably won't see that in parses because everyone is playing BM just because some hunters in elite raiding guilds play BM and a lot of people think when they play BM it's the only viable option when it isn't.

There's no excuse that you're forced to play one spec over another because it's so much better than the others. When looking at the high point of hunter DPS there's only a 0.1% difference between BM and SV and that's close to nothing. BM and SV are fine compared to each other and only MM sucks in theory and reality.

Playing SV in PvE and MM in PvP just fine. BM is for scrubs.